Alii

How Can You Tell If A Person Is Enlightened? (response To Leo's May 18 Insight)

298 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Prabhaker said:

What do you think about Krishna ?

I love Krishna and I also love everyone else. I don't think there is anything wrong with people practicing Bhakti yoga for Krishna. I love the idea of Virat swaroop, in which Krishna shows that he is Brahman. God can be thought of in infinite ways. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

5 minutes ago, Deep said:

I love the idea of Virat swaroop, in which Krishna shows that he is Brahman.

Do you think people on this forum will accept him as an enlightened person , when they know about some violent and some naughty acts of Krishna ?

7 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Do you think people on this forum will accept him as an enlightened person , when they know about some violent and some naughty acts of Krishna ?

I don't know. They're free to accept whoever they want as enlightened. 

It's easy to know if you're enlightened yourself.

Can you stay 2 full week at your parents house without getting triggered ?

Probably not :P

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 hour ago, Shin said:

It's easy to know if you're enlightened yourself.

Can you stay 2 full week at your parents house without getting triggered ?

Probably not :P

My Mom is temporarily living with me while her apartment is being remodeled. She often unconsciously tries to trigger me, so I just assert my boudaries and carry on with my life. Her attempts to guilt trip and make me try to win her approval doesn't work anymore. All that stuff from childhood has been dealt with through shadow and conscienceness work. 

Leo speaks on this matter in today's video. Also, Eckhart Tolle in his video 'Dealing With Unconscious People':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqr98O8QT3M

Dolphins "rapes" their female in group, and kill their babies !

That's all I have to say here !

kqIvD89.gif

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Everything has to be understood in the proper context. If I had a gun and someone attacked me with a knife, I would shoot them. It doesn't determine if I'm enlightened or not. People looking on the outside can judge me as a horrible person but they didn't know my intentions. It's unlikely that a master would kill for no reason or rape. 

Saying that enlightenment is realizing that we aren't the physical and not the self then defend the deplorable violation of someone else by a supposed 'enlightened' person indulging in a vile selfish impulse through harming others, especially women or an innocent child....hm how convenient.

People that will go to such lengths to justify an ideological belief even if it means speak in defense of a despicable act of wilful disregard for well being are not the people who I would take life guidance from....that's  just in my humble perspective but everyone is welcome to do as they see fit.

@Prabhaker How rare is full enlightenment in your opinion? 

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

@SOUL enlightenment is not a belief. 

I didn't say it is.

1 hour ago, Deep said:

How rare is full enlightenment in your opinion? 

Most of the religions stop at self realization, they don't talk about full enlightenment.

Translation of Bhagavad Gita 7.3

Out of many thousands among men, one may endeavor for perfection, and of those who have achieved perfection, hardly one knows Me in truth.

From enlightenment's point of view, rape isn't wrong, purely because the concept doesn't exist.

However, from a perception point of view, then the judgement is your own. In which case arguments are valid.

Correct?

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 0:42 PM, Prabhaker said:

It is rape , some women fantasize about rape instead of consensual sex. 

You don't say?! :P

Rape is non consensual sex. If a woman consents to non consensual sex, then it's just sex acted out under certain conditions. But it's not rape. 

Also, rape and fantasy role play rape is the difference between being force fed shit and being invited to dine at a gourmet meal. 

It seems that enlightenment is being used as a fantastic excuse to do what ever you please, because, you know, your God etc etc, blah blah blah, and under these conditions it's usually, women, children and animal who suffer. As with most (every?) other religion. 

I hope Leo, who is in a remarkable position to promote enlightenment as a reason to exercise compassion and love, does this. At the moment, it seems not. 

Edited by Geo

9 minutes ago, Geo said:

It seems that enlightenment is being used as a fantastic excuse to do what ever you please

It seems, but it is not. We can't decide what is good and what is bad in our unconsciousness. People who crucified Jesus, poisoned Socrates, burnt Joan of arc,  were custodians of morality, contemporary people never thought that they are doing something bad. What an enlightened person do is beyond our understanding. 

Our morality is a social politics , so that we can adjust in society. A person kills somebody is a murderer , if he kills thousands in a war with enemy country, he is a Hero. In our unconsciousness , we can't know what is sin , and what is virtue. 

11 hours ago, Deep said:

@Prabhaker How rare is full enlightenment in your opinion? 

Enlightenment is finding your being. Just sit with your being alone to achieve that. Haha, you're probably already doing that and are like "The fuq this kid just said to me". 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.