Alii

How Can You Tell If A Person Is Enlightened? (response To Leo's May 18 Insight)

298 posts in this topic

@Alii An enlightened being would not identify with the personal story of 'me' and with a role of a victim. An enligtened would not victimize anything or anyone, because only victims victimize. That doesn't mean an enlightened cannot kill under certain curcumstances, though. The dis-identification with body-mind would make them more attuned to the 'here' and 'now' without a judgement or a label. Their desposition toward life would also be more fluid. There woud be no true attachments. 

6 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

It is rape , some women fantasize about rape instead of consensual sex. 

Every religion is misunderstood, that's why every religion fails. Nobody is saying that rape is a door to enlightenment. But an enlightened person is unpredictable , out of compassion he can do anything.

If anything bad happens in this world, God is responsible, do you think God is not compassionate? Do you think bad things happen without cosmic will ? 

Do you know how Buddha tortured himself on his journey towards enlightenment ? Socrates preferred drinking the poison instead of stop preaching.

I think you'd be surprised at how human enlightened beings actually are.  So no, they are not unpredictable when it comes to harming others, just as sane people are not unpredictable when it comes to harming themselves or others, they act in accordance to natural law/empathy.

Buddha may have tortured himself.. himself. On the road towards enlightenment.. towards. 

Leo has yet to master how to teach people, doesn't he. ^_^

Why I wrote this post:

My mood at the moment is bad, which is why I visited this forum. I am seeking for some sort of intellectual entertainment or challenge, and I stumbled upon this thread. I read alot of Leo's posts and listened to myself talk about how I disagree with him. I saw that I actively tried to find something to disprove whatever he was saying, because I don't like the idea of "bad" enlightened people. I project onto Leo that he might not yet be wise enough because he was not long enough on his journey. I feel anger and resistance. I also feel proud for being able to analyze my mind to such an extend. This entire post is me simply self-expressing, trying to impress people and make them awe about how smart and unique I am. The comment that I wrote about Leo not having mastered teaching yet comes from an urge to communicate that I have started to read the book Mastery. I project onto Leo that he himself took the motivation to become a self-help teaching from this very book, because it seems fundamental to what self-actualization is. I feel smart for having noticed that, even though I have no real evidence for it being true whatsoever. I feel a need for Leo to confirm this, I want affirmation from him. I want him to be proud of how well I am at self-analyzing. It's funny, and I feel somewhat ashamed.

Glory to Israel

Happiness is peace from (of) mind

Meditation *khm*

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

On 5/24/2017 at 2:32 PM, Leo Gura said:

Buddhist monks get raped by other Buddhist monks all the time! They will drag little boy monks out of their beds at night and rape them.

No.  Real  Buddhist monks don't do that.

The problem is that any criminal in Asia can (and do) put on an orange robe, and call themselves a monk.
An orange robe is a way for psychopaths to escape justice.

20 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

What if someone needs raping ?

What if someone  needs castrating?  >:(

I am talking about a big spiritual egotistic who spends all his time parroting the materialistic guru he worships blindly.
But on the very few times that he has anything original to post, its all about his hatred for love and marriage and his hatred for women.

1 hour ago, Lai said:

What if someone  needs castrating?

Jesus has said: Be eunuchs of God. In Soviet Russia , before the revolution, there was a Christian sect which believed that sexual organs should be cut , only then you are real Christians.

1 hour ago, Lai said:

But on the very few times that he has anything original to post

I am not an enlightened master, my personal experience can't help much on a spiritual journey, everybody is unique. Why all Christians preach words of Jesus , instead of something original ? 

1 hour ago, Lai said:

its all about his hatred for love and marriage and his hatred for women.

Is a relationship, a legal contract is only way to love women ? Is it necessary to add lust , romance to love ? I love everyone as a human being. 

1 hour ago, Loreena said:

Exact description.

Nope, not exact. I always loved you, and you know it.

14 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Nope, not exact. I always loved you, and you know it.

Wow wow wow.....wow 

picgifs-love-2673803.gif

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

2 hours ago, Lai said:

No.  Real  Buddhist monks don't do that.

The problem is that any criminal in Asia can (and do) put on an orange robe, and call themselves a monk.
An orange robe is a way for psychopaths to escape justice.

So True.
It's not uncommon to see men in robes smoking and handling money (forbidden) in Thailand.  These fake monks just give the Sangha a bad name.

2 hours ago, Lai said:

What if someone  needs castrating?  >:(

1punrx.jpg

C'mon, give the poor guy a break will ya... o.O
He'll come around when he starts thinking things through.

On 5/25/2017 at 0:36 AM, Leo Gura said:

Just think this through: If you're a male monk in a monastery and you haven't had sex in 5 years. How horny will you be? How much will your body crave sex? A LOT! A LOT! A LOT! So you'll be easily tempted to go rape someone. Even if you're enlightened.

Temptations are not really in your control.

Also, note, there are some cultures in which rape is considered perfectly normal and appropriate. For example, certain Middle Eastern or Mongol cultures. They will kidnap and rape women, and then marry them. Part of their culture. It's been done that way for thousands of years. That's how you get yourself a good wife there.

Dont lots of awakened people report diminished libido?

ed: cuz the thing with sex is that it is primarily ego-driven, symbolizing shit like power, worthiness, connection, loneliness cure.. that shits gone after awakening

Edited by Martin123

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

What Leo is saying is correct from God's perspective, but it's not exactly what enlightenment is. Enlightenment is simply realizing there is no "you", there is only God. When God incarnates as humans, it has to appear ignorant. It can't be any other way. It's pretending to be finite. Their is no fool proof way of knowing if someone is enlightened. You can study their life and see if you agree with their teaching. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

21 minutes ago, Deep said:

When God incarnates as humans, it has to appear ignorant. It can't be any other way. It's pretending to be finite. 

Rupert echoes this point:

Just mentioning, for a little color on this subject, that when the wake up happens, it's the most beautiful mind blowing experience. It's remembering what I am.  It's a switch from experiencing my life as a person, to experiencing my life as the pure unconditional energy that is everything. There is one energy that became this universe that gave rise to my experiencing consciousness of the one thing. It is not that rape, for example, is an enlightened thing to do. It's that the experience of appearance of separation from the one thing has an underlying desire to have the feeling of being the one thing. LIke a child who spites a parent because what they really want is their love - the connection. Each person is where they are in the big experience of separation, and we will all be purely the one thing again, (we already are) but during this in between phase, we have this experience. To be enlightened is to know for one's self that everything is perfect as it is, not good or bad, because the good and bad are just part of the play, and the truth is that the set, the stage and the actors are all pure energy that is eternal, absolute & infinite. If it seems like a puzzle, don't blame anyone but yourself for listening to someone else's instructions or experience. Learn what reality literally is for yourself, that is the way to realize what you are. Don't settle for trying to decipher someone talking about their experience, learn directly about everything. Everything. Meditate. Or don't. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

38 minutes ago, Deep said:

What Leo is saying is correct from God's perspective, but it's not exactly what enlightenment is.

What do you think about Krishna ?

In India ,  we have not accepted any other incarnation except Krishna’s as whole and complete, and it is not without reason. Krishna is choiceless, he is total, he is integrated, and therefore he is whole and complete. Every religion has divided life into two parts, and while they accept one part they deny the other, Krishna alone accepts the whole of life.  It is for this reason that he is glorified as the 'Purnavatar'—the complete incarnation of God. 

@Prabhaker Even using the word "Krishna" has made it so you are no longer talking about the one thing. Now you're talking about all your connotations of the word "Krishna". Now you will encounter all of everyone's connotations about the word "Krishna". Now you'll be prevented from being the one thing, because you have separated yourself from it by giving it a name other than your own.

Edited by Nahm

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Here there's a buddhist monk required by the justice for money laundering.  Being Buddhist doesn't make you automatically a good person, same thing as a christian priest is not "christian" because he says so... even the Catholic and Protestant Church doesn't follow the Christ teachings so... we need not to be biased towards any religious group.

http://www.voanews.com/a/thai-forces-ring-temple-standoff-buddhist-monk/3726823.html 

It happened in the Dhammakaya Temple 

http://www.dhammakaya.net/about-us/dhammakaya-temple-history

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

On 5/27/2017 at 7:39 AM, Leo Gura said:

I said nothing about respawning.

"The only sensible thing to do..." << that is just monkey mind coming up with justifications again. You can do whatever you want.

"I always knew it made no sense to be good" << again, be careful of ego misappropriating these teachings. What was said was simply: "good" is a construction of your mind. This doesn't say anything about how you should behave.

Wow , thanks for clearing that up! :D