ElenaO

Muscle Fatigue, Uncomfortable Feelings In The Body, Cravings

45 posts in this topic

I think I've started having such symptoms during the few last years. I'm 31 at the moment. It's possible that I've had these before, but wasn't conscious. 

Every once in a while I get these feelings of tiredness, especially in my legs. It's super uncomfortable and I feel desperate. The only thing I want to do is run away from this feeling. At such times I just watch movies and eat sweets, usually. This isn't a regular behaviour for me, btw. 

I have a guess that this is related to my cortisol levels. I believe they are too high at these times. I usually get this triggered by physical activity and not enough rest, and stress. I feel like eating chocolate (and other junk) helps me release this pressure a little. But I feel guilty afterwards.

I wonder if anyone has experienced similar sensations in their body and how do you deal with these?

What physical activities are you doing? Long time / distance cardio? Body building? How often, to what degree and are you increasing the amounts of weight if you are using weights?

Also, is the tiredness hitting you mid day?

Edited by Nahm

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

It happens if I am physically/emotionally tired, not after a particular training. I do cardio, weights, swimming. 2-3 times a week. I do not increase the weights, because I think the weights I am using at the moment are already challenging enough, I feel. 
The tiredness can hit me at any time of the day. Sometimes it's in the early morning, before breakfast. If I have breakfast, it goes away for a little and might not come back if I don't do anything straining at all (which is challenging, because I love doing straining things). 

I don't know if this is really true but I've heard with cravings your body is trying to tell you you're deficient in something. Muscle fatigue like having craps or something like that? Maybe you need more magnesium. Tiredness may be related to Vitamin D or B vitamins? Have some blood tests done to begin eliminating possible causes. Perhaps hormones are messed up? Is there a pattern with your monthly cycle?

3 minutes ago, blazed said:

Strange I have the muscle recovery pain too since I started a vegan diet but I do eat a lot of beans, chickpeas, and legumes with carbs so I should be getting more than enough complete proteins, I do 30 mins of cardio work out every other day. My legs are sore for days and I feel tired after working out for the rest of the day, sucks it's suppose to give me more energy!

I am not sure you have similar effects though. Do you eat junk when you feel this way?
I have this tingling in my body, and especially in my legs, for some reason. It's very uncomfortable. I usually feel like sleep would help, but I cannot wind down easily, so I need to eat junk/watch junk to release a little of it.

35 minutes ago, blazed said:

No I just feel my legs are sore and take twice as long to recover than when I used to eat meat/dairy products. Other than that I feel great, just get exhausted physically easily. Does junk food help? I'm also 30 so maybe it's just old age haha sorry!

Haha, I think the age definitely has its say on it. Damn. 
I wonder if it's also lack of some nutrients? 
I also feel great otherwise, it's the recovery process. It annoys me. I mean if we feel like that when we are thirty, what's coming? o_O

And junk food doesn't actually help. I just have a craving for it when tired and then it might reduce a little bit of its effect, but in the end it just makes me feel guilty and I only gain weight :(

1 minute ago, blazed said:

I'm going to try some muscle repair supplements, maybe could get a blood test for deficiencies too if you're worried about that.
As for what's coming next? Well we already know that... power walks, support walkers, and lastly wheel chairs :D

OMG, that isn't even funny :P 
I will schedule the blood tests. Might cost quite a bit, but I guess it's worth it.

1 hour ago, Annie said:

I don't know if this is really true but I've heard with cravings your body is trying to tell you you're deficient in something. Muscle fatigue like having craps or something like that? Maybe you need more magnesium. Tiredness may be related to Vitamin D or B vitamins? Have some blood tests done to begin eliminating possible causes. Perhaps hormones are messed up? Is there a pattern with your monthly cycle?

The hormones are messed up, most likely. But then again, to get all tests on hormones will cost a fortune.

@Annie Perhaps. Thanks for the suggestion. Will try it out.

11 hours ago, ElenaO said:

I do cardio, weights, swimming. 2-3 times a week.

Have you ever tried yoga and meditation ?

6 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

Have you ever tried yoga and meditation ?

Yes, I do a quick yoga before work and I also meditate for 15 minutes every single morning.

8 hours ago, ElenaO said:

@Annie Perhaps. Thanks for the suggestion. Will try it out.

Maybe a routine blood test will you figure out what's wrong. Have you tested your blood sugar (especially since you mentioned you eat junk food). Extreme tiredness can be a symptom of a hidden disease. Maybe other tests are expensive, but a routine blood and urine test would not cost that much.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

19 hours ago, ElenaO said:

I think I've started having such symptoms during the few last years. I'm 31 at the moment. It's possible that I've had these before, but wasn't conscious. 

Every once in a while I get these feelings of tiredness, especially in my legs. It's super uncomfortable and I feel desperate. The only thing I want to do is run away from this feeling. At such times I just watch movies and eat sweets, usually. This isn't a regular behaviour for me, btw. 

I have a guess that this is related to my cortisol levels. I believe they are too high at these times. I usually get this triggered by physical activity and not enough rest, and stress. I feel like eating chocolate (and other junk) helps me release this pressure a little. But I feel guilty afterwards.

I wonder if anyone has experienced similar sensations in their body and how do you deal with these?

Apparently the body starts making cortisol after more then 45 minutes of working out. 

Maybe your workouts are very long? And a lot? Maybe do shorter ones, but increase the intensity. And do fewer workouts, but again increase the intensity. Like run faster, shorter rest times between sets, or lift heavier. 

I had similar symptoms and found that it was adrenal fatigue. Do you take cofe, tea, or other stimulants? Maybe a break would help you.

I'd add several suggestions: 

• Try looking into adding Magnesium to your diet. Muscle weakness and loss of mood can be attributed to lack of Magnesium in blood stream. It is also good for generally calming you, decreasing blood pressure and reducing anxieties.  There is an excellent product on the market called Calm. It is unsweetened and highly digestible. Huge amount of global population is deficient in magnesium simply because we have drained all of it out of the soil, the products we buy simply don't have much left anymore. 
  • Do you drink coffee? Sometimes caffeine crash can be a cause of weakness and tiredness or meals high in processed carbohydrates. 
  • Another cause may be that your adrenal glands are being burned out through stress, caffeine, over-working....
  • Have a look into fasting with nothing but vegetables juices ( juiced not purchased) to cleanse your intestinal tract. This has been discussed here multiple times. I think @Siim Land has given some very helpful suggestions in the past. 
  • A rather unpopular but helpful method could be doing an Enema to cleanse from within. However I know that this is not socially acceptable so i am just throwing it out there as a suggestion. I suggest you check out Markus Rothkranz's video on this. 
  • Is there anything in your life that you particularly don't enjoy doing yet keep on engaging in? Perhaps these are bodily signals pointing to something much deeper, on a spiritual level

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

4 hours ago, Loreena said:

Maybe a routine blood test will you figure out what's wrong. Have you tested your blood sugar (especially since you mentioned you eat junk food). Extreme tiredness can be a symptom of a hidden disease. Maybe other tests are expensive, but a routine blood and urine test would not cost that much.

I am not sure whether that was clear enough. I don't usually eat junk food. It's just when I get this weird feelings in my body that I tend to eat chocolate and maybe something else, like cookies. Other then that, I eat pretty clean. I've been tested couple of years ago and then the sugar levels were excellent. Of course, this might have changed.

2 hours ago, Moreira said:

I had similar symptoms and found that it was adrenal fatigue. Do you take cofe, tea, or other stimulants? Maybe a break would help you.

Hm, I don't drink coffee. I do drink tea, but in moderation. I wonder if anything else could cause this.

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

I'd add several suggestions: 

• Try looking into adding Magnesium to your diet. Muscle weakness and loss of mood can be attributed to lack of Magnesium in blood stream. It is also good for generally calming you, decreasing blood pressure and reducing anxieties.  There is an excellent product on the market called Calm. It is unsweetened and highly digestible. Huge amount of global population is deficient in magnesium simply because we have drained all of it out of the soil, the products we buy simply don't have much left anymore. 
  • Do you drink coffee? Sometimes caffeine crash can be a cause of weakness and tiredness or meals high in processed carbohydrates. 
  • Another cause may be that your adrenal glands are being burned out through stress, caffeine, over-working....
  • Have a look into fasting with nothing but vegetables juices ( juiced not purchased) to cleanse your intestinal tract. This has been discussed here multiple times. I think @Siim Land has given some very helpful suggestions in the past. 
  • A rather unpopular but helpful method could be doing an Enema to cleanse from within. However I know that this is not socially acceptable so i am just throwing it out there as a suggestion. I suggest you check out Markus Rothkranz's video on this. 
  • Is there anything in your life that you particularly don't enjoy doing yet keep on engaging in? Perhaps these are bodily signals pointing to something much deeper, on a spiritual level

Thanks, will definitely look into Magnesium supplements. 
No, no coffee. I am aware of the caffeine crash, that's why trying to avoid caffeine in general.
I don't usually eat processed carbohydrates. It's rare.
I've heard of enema and have considered it. But haven't committed yet.
I am afraid that if I juice I will experience crazy hunger.