smd

Guy Murders Gf While On Mushrooms

23 posts in this topic

I've been a bit skeptical of the relative safety of mushrooms and sure enough, a Russian American (Irony?) took some mushrooms and killed his girlfriend.  Let's bring a loaded gun out on our mushroom journey.  Article:

https://idledillettante.com/2017/05/18/tj-kirk-humiliates-deceased-disturbs-bereaved-with-memorial-fundraiser-benefitting-no-one-involved/

I learned about it on Thunderf00t:

People on the webs keep talking about how safe it is.  Perhaps in a straight jacket and rubber room I suppose.  Even if he wasn't aware of what he did, he's going to sweet talking with Bubba over in jail.  Career (if he had one) in shambles.  Life ruined.

Oh god ! 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

SH. Shit happens

Real eyes, realize, real lies.

For every one of those cases, we can cite 1000 cases where the guy kills his girlfriend while NOT on mushrooms.

So by your logic, not doing mushrooms is very dangerous.

You see how rationality plays tricks on you?

I dare you to name one technology which has not resulted in the deaths of at least hundreds of people.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@smd I am doing psychedelics over 22 years now and i can give you this advice: Don't underestimate their power. mushrooms, LSD, DMT etc. are powerful substances and not toys to play around. They can have serious impact on the mind. They have the potential to let you see the truth but they can make you delusional and megalomaniacal aswell.

psychedelics are tools and like a knife or a hammer, can be used for multiple purposes.

If you got a psychological disorder like ptsd, they should not be taken for recreational purposes. Also they could trigger a latent shizophrenia or psychosis if someone has a high vulnerability.

9 hours ago, smd said:

I've been a bit skeptical of the relative safety of mushrooms and sure enough, a Russian American (Irony?) took some mushrooms and killed his girlfriend.  Let's bring a loaded gun out on our mushroom journey.

People on the webs keep talking about how safe it is.  Perhaps in a straight jacket and rubber room I suppose.  Even if he wasn't aware of what he did, he's going to sweet talking with Bubba over in jail.  Career (if he had one) in shambles.  Life ruined.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

For every one of those cases, we can cite 1000 cases where the guy kills his girlfriend while NOT on mushrooms.

I dare you to name one technology which has not resulted in the deaths of at least hundreds of people.

The OP is absolutely not rational but posting out of emotionality.                                                                                                                                                            Leo is making a strawman argument by misrepresenting the OP's concerns about the topic and then putting up his strawman:                                              

"You see how rationality plays tricks on you?"

First of all, the OP's arguments are not rational at all, lacking basic logical thinking and showing his bias and emotion regarding the topic. Thus his "rationality" isn't playing any tricks on him, rather his lack of it.

"I dare you to name one technology which has not resulted in the deaths of at least hundreds of people."

This is the strawman. If the OP cannot answer this question, his argument is dead. If he answers it, his argument is dead aswell. But the concern, that psychedelics CAN be dangerous in the wrong hands, trigger latent psychological issues, is avoided.                                                                   

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

right! This is called 'Availability heuristics' in Psychology.

The availability heuristic is a mental shortcut that relies on immediate examples that come to a given person's mind when evaluating a specific topic, concept, method or decision. (wiki)

Here is an example:

"Although there are many problems associated with the availability heuristic, perhaps the most concerning one is that it often leads people to lose sight of life's real dangers. Psychologist Gerd Gigerenzer, for example, conducted a fascinating study that showed in the months following September 11, 2001, Americans were less likely to travel by air and more likely to instead travel by car. While it is understandable why Americans would have been fearful of air travel following the incredibly high profile attacks on New York and Washington, the unfortunate result is that Americans died on the highways at alarming rates following 9/11. This is because highway travel is far more dangerous than air travel. More than 40,000 Americans are killed every year on America's roads. Fewer than 1,000 people die in airplane accidents, and even fewer people are killed aboard commercial airlines." 

Source: https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2009/03/fear_and_the_av.html

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

HAHAHA!   I probably should've finished the Thunderf00t video before posting.  I do realize I posted it too hastily.  However, I did want to point out the absolute craziness that someone brought a loaded gun on a mushroom trip.  If he was by himself, he probably would've shot himself in the head.

Also, I still think that mushrooms are only used by a minority of people and that is why we aren't seeing more of this type of violence.  A larger sample pool should tell us what we need to know about its safety.   They're saying now, for example, that Chris Cornell killed himself due to taking too many of his anti-anxiety pills.  Perhaps any substance that affects the mind may cause an uncontrollable, violent act towards yourself or someone else.

Did anyone watch the documentary on James Arthur Ray who ended up killing a few people by trying an extreme exercise with a sweat lodge?  Extremes seem to be a dual-edged sword.  You might be rewarded or perhaps find yourself dead or sharing a prison cell with Bubba. hahaha.

I'm not judging guys!  Don't shoot the messenger!  I just wanted to report about a guy on mushrooms, the lighter psychedelic, just recently killed his gf. He was an SJW, pro-feminist, and shot a feminist.  Perhaps he never would have done that if he didn't do the mushrooms?

16 hours ago, Shanmugam said:

right! This is called 'Availability heuristics' in Psychology.

The availability heuristic is a mental shortcut that relies on immediate examples that come to a given person's mind when evaluating a specific topic, concept, method or decision. (wiki)

Here is an example:

"Although there are many problems associated with the availability heuristic, perhaps the most concerning one is that it often leads people to lose sight of life's real dangers. Psychologist Gerd Gigerenzer, for example, conducted a fascinating study that showed in the months following September 11, 2001, Americans were less likely to travel by air and more likely to instead travel by car. While it is understandable why Americans would have been fearful of air travel following the incredibly high profile attacks on New York and Washington, the unfortunate result is that Americans died on the highways at alarming rates following 9/11. This is because highway travel is far more dangerous than air travel. More than 40,000 Americans are killed every year on America's roads. Fewer than 1,000 people die in airplane accidents, and even fewer people are killed aboard commercial airlines." 

Source: https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2009/03/fear_and_the_av.html

But if something goes wrong with your car while driving, your chances of surviving are better.  If the engines go out on a plane, you're nearly 100% screwed.  Unless you have Sully flying your plane.  Probably a rubber room & a straight jacket might be the best way to go about one's first mushroom experience?

@OBEler I only said, don't take psychedelics with ptsd for recreational purposes... LSD can be a very effective cure for ptsd. But only with professional help. Doing it alone without knowing exactly what to do, it CAN backfire tremendiously. 

Seek either a therapist who does psycholithic psychotherapy or someone who already did it. Depending on what's the cause for ptsd, the therapy will be very different. And even then, "normal" trauma therapy should be done. psychedelics can offer a shortcut but to strenghten the new imprints, conventional therapy is also advised to be taken imho.

3 hours ago, smd said:

HAHAHA!   I probably should've finished the Thunderf00t video before posting.  I do realize I posted it too hastily.  However, I did want to point out the absolute craziness that someone brought a loaded gun on a mushroom trip.  If he was by himself, he probably would've shot himself in the head.

Also, I still think that mushrooms are only used by a minority of people and that is why we aren't seeing more of this type of violence.  A larger sample pool should tell us what we need to know about its safety.   They're saying now, for example, that Chris Cornell killed himself due to taking too many of his anti-anxiety pills.  Perhaps any substance that affects the mind may cause an uncontrollable, violent act towards yourself or someone else.

Did anyone watch the documentary on James Arthur Ray who ended up killing a few people by trying an extreme exercise with a sweat lodge?  Extremes seem to be a dual-edged sword.  You might be rewarded or perhaps find yourself dead or sharing a prison cell with Bubba. hahaha.

I'm not judging guys!  Don't shoot the messenger!  I just wanted to report about a guy on mushrooms, the lighter psychedelic, just recently killed his gf. He was an SJW, pro-feminist, and shot a feminist.  Perhaps he never would have done that if he didn't do the mushrooms?

@smd You know, there are studies related to drugs and violence... Can you guess which drug is related the most to acts of violence?

Are you saying, that taking drugs is stripping one from responsability of action?

Do you think, there is an inherent quality in psychoactive substances that causes people to be violent?

@Annetta nope. it's ivolved in about 70% of all acts of violence... (don't nail me to the exact number)

@Vytas Yes, it is.

@smd 

"Extremes seem to be a dual-edged sword.  You might be rewarded or perhaps find yourself dead or sharing a prison cell with Bubba. hahaha."

be rewarded? sounds reactive to me. isn't the key question if you take responsability for your actions, life, reality?

"I just wanted to report about a guy on mushrooms, the lighter psychedelic, just recently killed his gf."

how are mushrooms a "lighter" psychedelic?

"He was an SJW, pro-feminist, and shot a feminist." how is that fact relevant in this discussion?

"Perhaps he never would have done that if he didn't do the mushrooms?"

Maybe yes. On the other hand, he never would have done if he didnt had ptsd and was on shrooms?

or he never would have done it if he was on shrooms with ptsd and his gf was not a feminist?

or he would have done it without shrooms, with ptsd and his feminist gf having sex with other guys?

etc.

"I'm not judging guys! " Then why write that sentence?

Who is responsable for the actions/descisions one makes in life? poverty? society? drugs? guns laws? free speech? hate speech?

5 hours ago, arjuna said:

@Vytas Yes, it is.

@smd 

"Extremes seem to be a dual-edged sword.  You might be rewarded or perhaps find yourself dead or sharing a prison cell with Bubba. hahaha."

be rewarded? sounds reactive to me. isn't the key question if you take responsability for your actions, life, reality?

"I just wanted to report about a guy on mushrooms, the lighter psychedelic, just recently killed his gf."

how are mushrooms a "lighter" psychedelic?

"He was an SJW, pro-feminist, and shot a feminist." how is that fact relevant in this discussion?

"Perhaps he never would have done that if he didn't do the mushrooms?"

Maybe yes. On the other hand, he never would have done if he didnt had ptsd and was on shrooms?

or he never would have done it if he was on shrooms with ptsd and his gf was not a feminist?

or he would have done it without shrooms, with ptsd and his feminist gf having sex with other guys?

etc.

"I'm not judging guys! " Then why write that sentence?

Who is responsable for the actions/descisions one makes in life? poverty? society? drugs? guns laws? free speech? hate speech?

You ask too many questions! :)