Peace and Love

Attractiveness Continues...no Longer Wearing Makeup Cosmetics.

17 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I wanted to share my recent experiences of being in a new committed relationship after being single for almost 9 years. It is absolutely fascinating how we can get so caught up in the media and let other people influence us on what we think is beautiful.  I used to be a very heavy makeup user before meeting my current bf.  I wouldn't even walk out the door without my "war paint" on or even take any kind of photo! lol.   I didn't realize how much of an insecurity it was...and how much my ego was at play here.  After being with my bf for some time he approached me and said something to me that really caught me off guard, and really melted my heart....."he told me that I had the most perfect skin, and that I looked better with the makeup off!!"  I was very fortunate that my skin looked so good because I've been eating raw vegan and so clean for quite some time now.  NO acne...blackheads nothing.   After a few days I took up the challenge and started to not wear makeup. It's nice not to put fake chemicals on my face. It's nice to have that freedom.  Of course it is not an excuse to not take care of myself or look nice by no means, but it really changed my thoughts and views of what true beauty was.  The other day we were out meditating by a lake by his aunt's house and he took a picture of me with my hair blowing all over the place....it certainly was not something I would not have liked...but he thought I looked absolutely beautiful.  One of his favorite photos of us together is one us making funny faces rather than me looking nice with a smile....he felt it was more authentic and real.  He really made me start reflecting on things.

What men and women think and view as attractive can be completely different, that's for sure.

I was wondering if anyone else has shared the same experiences, or anything they would like to add about this.  Much gratitude, appreciation and love.

Peace and Love

Edited by Peace and Love
spelling

Nothing to add, but I am glad to hear that you've found someone who treats you well and that you're happy! <3 

2 hours ago, Annetta said:

Nothing to add, but I am glad to hear that you've found someone who treats you well and that you're happy! <3 

@Annetta Thank you! You are too kind.  

I have actually been very interested in this topic recently. What I understand is that women have a certain image of beauty that they have been conditioned to by ways of our society (tv shows, media, magazines, gossip, etc...). Most women aspire to this image and try to compete with others in order to get attention from males. You're right to suggest this comes from low self-esteem, and may also be a destructive body image, BUT...

What really goes on on a deep level is that women are part of the oppressed demographic, kind of like visible minorities, the disabled, gays, etc... And it stems from our society (and most societies now that I think of it) being patriarchal in nature. What do oppressed groups do to cope with their oppressed nature? They resent their own values and try to take the values of the dominant group. 

So what happens with women in this case is that the only source of liberation for them is to get that male attention because there is tremendous freedom in sexuality, and if you are able to get their attention, you are able to control them, or in the least, have a sense that you are in control. 

I think Freud had it upside down. Women don't want men's penises. They want their vaginas respected. (LOL, I have no idea how to put it more intelligently, please forgive me)

My point is that when a women is completely satisfied with her body image, with her level of confidence, with her life around males and females, and she doesn't have any unresolved feelings towards our backwards society by having healthy values of her own.............now that's a woman!!!

And same goes for all other groups as well.

6 hours ago, Peace and Love said:

Hey everyone,

I wanted to share my recent experiences of being in a new committed relationship after being single for almost 9 years. It is absolutely fascinating how we can get so caught up in the media and let other people influence us on what we think is beautiful.  I used to be a very heavy makeup user before meeting my current bf.  I wouldn't even walk out the door without my "war paint" on or even take any kind of photo! lol.   I didn't realize how much of an insecurity it was...and how much my ego was at play here.  After being with my bf for some time he approached me and said something to me that really caught me off guard, and really melted my heart....."he told me that I had the most perfect skin, and that I looked better with the makeup off!!"  I was very fortunate that my skin looked so good because I've been eating raw vegan and so clean for quite some time now.  NO acne...blackheads nothing.   After a few days I took up the challenge and started to not wear makeup. It's nice not to put fake chemicals on my face. It's nice to have that freedom.  Of course it is not an excuse to not take care of myself or look nice by no means, but it really changed my thoughts and views of what true beauty was.  The other day we were out meditating by a lake by his aunt's house and he took a picture of me with my hair blowing all over the place....it certainly was not something I would not have liked...but he thought I looked absolutely beautiful.  One of his favorite photos of us together is one us making funny faces rather than me looking nice with a smile....he felt it was more authentic and real.  He really made me start reflecting on things.

What men and women think and view as attractive can be completely different, that's for sure.

I was wondering if anyone else has shared the same experiences, or anything they would like to add about this.  Much gratitude, appreciation and love.

Peace and Love

Dear!!!!!! Im glad I see you here again! 

It is very nice to have less and less attachments. To share my own story,I started with makeup at age 19,its late compared to the norm,and Im now 23 actually,even I have acne,I rarelyput makeup. I can easily go outside without it even in special occasions. Thats because maybe my mum was never wearing makeup,she has 2 lipliner,a blusher,one face powder and that's it. She is wearing makeup only when its very very needed (?) Like at a ceremony,very rare. I,from the other hand,usually wear makeup (full face) when I go to a metal gig (although the last time 9th march I didnt lool),or a ceremony like my mom (wedding etc),like very rare occasion not to the supermarket or to do other stuff in town. In the summer I never wear as here is very very hot so the makeup melts like ice-cream loool. But there's was a time that I was wearing eye makeup every day,for a period of my life like some months not even a year. I was doing this for fun,to create different eye looks everyday. I was getting too boring with my looks,and I stopped haha. There were times which I was wearing only a red lipstick and my bare face with acne! It was funny! And days in which I wore a black smokey eye and out of the door! Haha but I dont cover my imperfections. Mostly because I dont feel comfortable with face makeup on. I like to shop for makeup and it stays in the drawer waste of money,I have a lot! Most of them I believe theyre already expired! I recently met a woman,we were talking about makeup and stuff,she said 'I cant leave the house or go at work without makeup,without doing my hair!'  I was ..."hm...okay whatever makes YOU happy!'  and then I claimed,'Im not even doing my hair!' And she said 'oh you are young do something with them treat yourself!'   ....but as for herself she tried to convince me she is all doing this for herself and not for others. I just cant believe that this is true! I believe its because she is insecure but I didnt want to make her feel unhappy with what I was thinking in my mind.of course I wouldnt tell but thats my opinion.going to the supermarket with makeup on (she insisted "necessarily") I couldnt think less,she is insecure and she cant accept herself with what she is and Im not going to judge thats my perspective it doesnt mean its true nor I was rude.not at all. Anyway,makeup is good on wearing occasionally.It bad for the skin. And If you love yourself, as you Peace and love, things will be peaceful in your mind,as they are. She had the need to put makeup. This is not peace. So Im just telling. Its sad that women are insecure. We are all equally worthy. I dont know. Maybe women must stop buying makeup and consult a therapist for them to find self-worthiness to discover it at least and then work on themselves mentally and not physically. Although I think its not a good idea to give up on our appearances. Its in moderation thats the ideal in my opinion.

@Peace and Love Although I have/had many insecurities in my life makeup was never interesting to me. I have a skin problem so plastering my face with chemicals and therefore make my skin even worse never ever came to mind. Yes, I have used eyeliner and lipstick in my teenage years, very rarely though, but makeup never, not even once. I have had discussions about the imagined need for makeup with a couple of people in the past and the argument was always the same. I felt like there was no need to hide behind a façade whereas I was always told they do it for themselves. I never believed that and suspected they felt the need to fake it because they don't like themselves enough. Reading your story makes me realize I was right all along. Good you changed your way of thinking. Not only better for your physical but also your mental health. Physical beauty will be hidden by makeup, not accentuated.

My Wife hardly ever wears make-up, especially around the house and that doesn't bother me at all. I'm in love with her and who she is, and that's what I enjoy being able to see, beyond just how she looks. A lot of times, women will wear make-up and it masks their personality. They may appear as "hot" or whatever, but that hotness, is an emotional dead-end compared to when a woman's spirit and personality shines through and it touches your own spirit, creating a diverse, mutual shared experience.

It's like, there are many layers to a woman and make-up can crank up the intensity of the first layer, but at the expense of shrouding or masking the other layers and nuances of who she is (when it comes to how a guy responds emotionally and sexually towards a woman).  When I was immature and still growing as a man, I didn't understand this, because I didn't have that intimacy and connection with a woman's other layers that I only got from living and loving with a woman for years as my partner and best friend.

Now though, I always absorb the stimulation and reactions of that first layer and look deeper for the other layers, because they show me who she is as a person and what kind of stuff she can feel and share with me. Those are the sides you enjoy about a person. The way she'll smile when she's a little nervous, but is holding onto her courage before stepping on stage or going to a meeting. The way she'll close her eyes and tilt her head back to absorb the sun, gently warming her face. What she looks like when she's concentrating on writing, with her brow furrowed, as her hands play over the keyboard.

I find that the more I mature and fall deeper in love with my Wife, the more I appreciate and am gratified by all women. I think it's the balancing of my natural feelings towards them that comes from strengthening my emotional connections and responses to who women actually are. The visual differences from one women to another on that first layer... they're really not that big of a deal and I find that what I used to think was "flawed" or "ugly" before was really just my own prejudice and distance from who women actually are tainting my feelings, rather than any real fault on their part.

Edited by Salaam

@Peace and Love You're welcome! <3
@Salaam  I love hearing how you talk about your wife.  <3  True love is so beautiful.

Edited by Annetta

19 hours ago, Annetta said:

@Peace and Love You're welcome! <3
@Salaam  I love hearing how you talk about your wife.  <3  True love is so beautiful.

Thank you!!! She's amazing and I love to love her. After 6 years together I still fall deeper in love with her everyday. She's my favorite person to discover and explore.

5 minutes ago, Salaam said:

Thank you!!! She's amazing and I love to love her. After 6 years together I still fall deeper in love with her everyday. She's my favorite person to discover and explore.

You are a kind soul it appears.

What she has done to your heart,to love her so much?

@Peace and Love this sounds so beautiful and so romantic, I'm so happy for you... and I'm so happy that you're resilient enough to be back to the forum!

I'd like to ask you something, if could be open to discuss what happened the last time, that would be a great chance to grow out of it altogether as forum members, but of course depending on the requisite comfort and the sensitivity level..

Because it can teach us little more about female-male social interactions, from a mutual actual experience of us.

Much love

Welcome back

Edited by Sevi

@Salaam That's wonderful, I love to read about love.  She is lucky.  You are too!  :3

@Sevi

On 5/24/2017 at 9:56 PM, Sevi said:

@Peace and Love this sounds so beautiful and so romantic, I'm so happy for you... and I'm so happy that you're resilient enough to be back to the forum!

I'd like to ask you something, if could be open to discuss what happened the last time, that would be a great chance to grow out of it altogether as forum members, but of course depending on the requisite comfort and the sensitivity level..

Because it can teach us little more about female-male social interactions, from a mutual actual experience of us.

Much love

Welcome back

Thanks!  Wow....it's been so long  now...I honestly can't even remember everything that happened.  lol.  I'm grown so much and I feel like I am in a very different place.   It's not even important to me anymore...I've let that go.   I remember we were talking about female attraction, and I had found information about male and female energy and polarity.  I was receiving a lot of negative comments and feed back from the information that I discovered and studied.  And the information I used worked incredibly well on my current bf that I'm now dating!  I was just really sad that  there were a few forum members that were rather negative and close minded to what I was saying.  To some extent I was getting personally attacked.  I got angry, and I refuse to deal with negative people.  I'm a firm believer in the law of attraction, and am now really starting to understand how to use it and manifest things in my life.  I refuse to deal with negative people, and I've cut a lot of friendships and toxic individuals out of my life because of it.  When my dad passed away this last October 2016, he was one of the last major negative influences in my life.  Although I love him, and I miss him and I forgive him for his actions and abuse, I recognize the influence he had on me.   I just deserve so much more then to be treated like garbage from anyone in person or online. I love myself too much for that.

Also during that time I had recently been attuned to level 3 Reiki, becoming a Reiki master.  When you are attuned to reiki, you can become extremely emotionally sensitive the first few weeks as you are adjusting to the energy.  Which has been shown to be extremely common. And not including the fact the paranormal occurrences that I was experiencing as well.   I think Leo was aware, and probably knew best not to delete my account. lol. I had deleted my account previously and created this one, so he probably figured I would come back.  I also asked permission if I could send Leo Reiki as practice and he was open to that, and considering all the posts and information I've created on here about Reiki, I'm sure he got the hint.  I also noticed later on after I left that quite  a few people were rather upset that I had disappeared.  I guess people really liked some of my experiences and information I had been open to sharing.  With deleting my account it would have been harder to find some of my posts and advice that I've shared about dating. It was probably not in the best interest to do that either.

Anyways...the past is gone....and the future is never close enough...but today is a gift....that is why it's called a Present! I'm eternally grateful for what I have and I thank the Universe everyday for things I am able to manifest into my life.

@Peace and Love you are such a strong woman❤ thank you being open and give us some chance to feel you and understand you... yes I was enjoying your sharings too, you are very valuable for this forum.

I respect the way you take care of your inner being with delicacy and honestly I'm happy that life freed you from a form of pressure. I tend to think that as women we kind of project that early memories of our relationship with our fathers (or father figures) on to the other males sometimes, I wonder what would you think about that?

@Sevi

On 5/26/2017 at 1:46 AM, Sevi said:

@Peace and Love you are such a strong woman❤ thank you being open and give us some chance to feel you and understand you... yes I was enjoying your sharings too, you are very valuable for this forum.

I respect the way you take care of your inner being with delicacy and honestly I'm happy that life freed you from a form of pressure. I tend to think that as women we kind of project that early memories of our relationship with our fathers (or father figures) on to the other males sometimes, I wonder what would you think about that?

Thank you, you are too kind. :)  You are more than welcome.  Being open and vulnerable is a feminine quality.

It is true for many, that as children we look at our parents to see how we are supposed to be treated by the opposite sex and what to look for in a relationship/partnership/significant other when we become adults.   I unfortunately had fallen victim to this trap.  My dad's verbal abuse was a significant factor in producing my low self esteem and confidence.  I was often picked on in school, and was in a series of abusive dating relationships which matched the treatment I received from my dad. It even influenced my career choices and I never had the motivation to do anything because I never felt I would be good enough.

Once I got involved with personal development and certain specific holistic practices: hypnosis, reiki, life coaching, and TFT- Thought Field Therapy,  I noticed a huge difference in my healing and outlook on life.  I let go of my dad, and forgave him.  I saw that my experiences gave me growth and allowed me to have compassion for others.  I know that if I had not gone through my hardships I would have probably never pursued a career in healing.  When I felt better about myself and saw my value and self worth, I attracted more positive people into my life, including my current bf.

You are what you believe yourself to be. :)

@Peace and Love very well said:) 

isn't it interesting that how our perception of the world/reality is goes through from very different filters! But yet how lucky we are to have the chance to re-build those filters, even maybe get rid of them for good:)

I like the natural look in women. Makeup makes almost all women look older than they really are to me.