Leo Gura

Announcement: Book List Updated With 22 New Books!

15 posts in this topic

It's that time of the year again! The book list has been updated.

Lots of amazing, mind-blowing, life-transforming books in this update. Really, one of my favorite updates. Many of these books were simultaneously profound and a pleasure to read. At least half are available on Audible for easy listening.

New books on:

• Consciousness/Enlightenment
  • Absolute Infinity
  • Metaphysics
  • Paranormal
  • Psychedelics/Shamanism
  • Politics
  • Systems Thinking
  • Zen Poetry
  • The Brain and brain training

How to access: Just log into your existing Actualized account, go to My Account >> Book List. All the newest additions are clearly listed on page 1.

The update is free for everyone who purchased the list in the past, and all new purchases.

This update brings the list up to over 200 books! This is the theoretical foundation for all self-actualization work.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura How much is the list now? I couldn't see the price on the page. I'm planning on saving money for it as my parents will not allow it.

orgasm

edit: I am so excited for the brain training category!!! I hope you release more in this category 

edit2: @PetarKa Yeah definitely get the list. The list is worth $1,000,000,000,000,000 imo but it's only $35 

Edited by d0ornokey

Leo,

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but it really would be helpful to have the price listed as well as a complete list of the books included. It would suck to buy access and then find out I've already read a good chunk of the books....please fix! I've been interested for a while now, but without seeing a list, I really can't justify purchasing this. Thanks.

Edited by Orpheus
Further explanation

@Orpheus You're just buying the list and the very brief summaries, not the actual books. It's pretty cheap ($35) though and totally worth it, imo.

1 hour ago, Orpheus said:

I've been interested for a while now, but without seeing a list, I really can't justify purchasing this. Thanks.

Lul

@username LOL, okay. Well that makes a hell of a lot more sense. And here I was wondering how he could possibly have gotten the rights to sell access to books that aren't his. So what are the brief summaries? Not to sound mean, but that totally doesn't sound worth it then. Even still, why can't he compile a list of the relevant books?

@Orpheus Yeah, it's a value judgement. Each book has a paragraph detailing what the book is about and how it relates to your personal development work along with some audio in which Leo explains how the book is relates to the work we do on Actualized.org.  He also has a rating system based on his opinion that helps you prioritize which books to read first for maximum results in your self-actualization work. They're all books he's personally read, and the list is periodically updated without you having to make any additional payments. 

It's sort of like having a reading companion that keeps growing along with you. I found it to be a worthwhile investment, but you may find otherwise. If you're just interested in high quality personal development books without Leo's personal input, you can get the same for free by checking out the sub-forum for books and personal development material based on forum user recommendations; a lot of the same books pop up any way.

I understand though, $35 was about the max I was  willing to pay for just a list.

@username Okay, thanks for the explanation. I just wish I could see a list of the books myself. That way I'd know what I've already read, what there is still to read, and, loosely, what Leo recommends, I guess. I'm curious about the rating system. It makes me wonder if he's just compiling the list as he reads the books (basically, the books might be shit or really good, and he gives you his opinion, rather than just a list of solidly good books). Right off the bat, I had the impression that they were ones that all were recommended by him, but maybe not?

I can't help but say it....$35 for what sounds like Leo's Cliff Notes?? :P

I guess it works if you want a super-condensed quick explanation? I would advocate people just read or listen to the books themselves.... *shrug*

@Orpheus They are all recommended by him. The rating system isn't about the quality of the books but more for prioritizing which ones to read to see immediate gains in your personal development work.  You'll want to start off with the 5/5 books before going to 4/5, 3/5, and so on, but even the 1/5 books can be equally as high quality as the 5/5 ones, see? 

Edited by username

@username Ah, I see. Seems like it might be a little dependent on "where you are with your journey" or "what you value/your priorities". But...I'm being nitpicky. Any way I could get the book list from you? I don't need to have the ratings or any of the content he's trying to sell. If not, then may I ask you what books you most recommend? Thanks.

@Orpheus Well, I want to respect Actualized.org's rights and make sure it gets the revenue it needs to keep running, but I recommend you check out the books and product reviews sub-forum. A lot of the same books end up in there, and there are many others. Users also give there personal ratings there.

@Orpheus IMO, the value of the list is that Leo has been sifting through 100s of personal development material (especially books) and you don't actually have to sift through yourself for weeks and months to get the good stuff.

There are literally 1000s of books out there and quite frankly, a lot of them are bullshit / badly written / not practical / whatever.

Though it's still just one person's opinion on the matter, so I'd advocate you make up your own mind. ?