Awomanaware

Hormones And Awakening

13 posts in this topic

Dear all, have you experienced any changes with your hormone levels after some of your awakening experiences? 

Libido? Women, your periods?

My hormone levels have dropped and my body is somehow in stagnation, although I feel great and I am physically healthy, my hormones are "sleeping". :)

That's why I stopped meditating, because I've felt that I became a bit detached from my body. I am working on my grounding now, and using ashtanga yoga as a meditation tool.

I know that's all very individual, but maybe somebody will have something to say :) Thanks!

24 minutes ago, Awomanaware said:

That's why I stopped meditating, because I've felt that I became a bit detached from my body. 

Detached from your body.? You mean your hormones,because with meditation let alone you become more aware than ever. Dunno. I dont meditate,but Ive heard this. Do you worry about your libido? How old r u? 

@Awomanaware  Libido: increased. Periods: I've always had a regular one so I couldn't notice any change. I'm more at peace with myself and feel more balanced and therefore happier. I don't meditate so I don't know about that.

I had a few girlfriends that mentioned after awakenings and transitioning to a more raw natural diet and lifestyle periods were coming late at times and sometimes stopped for a while as well as hormone and other bodily changes and what not. I guess its natural because you are basically changing and becoming a whole new being, the system is cleansing itself and in possibly deep repair/restore mode. Just a wild guess but it wouldn't surprise me, it can be quite powerful.

B R E A T H E

I've always had regular periods too, but I've always been meditating and doing fitness.. it's definitely a mood stabilizer for a lady, some of my friends have changed a lot for good after they started.

7 hours ago, Awomanaware said:

That's why I stopped meditating, because I've felt that I became a bit detached from my body. 

It happened to me once too, in that period I was doing couple of different techniques at the same time, I got detached from almost everything, my body, life itself, the things we like inherently as humans...I got scared to continue that way, so I cut some intense stuff off, but @Awomanaware don't quit the whole thing, just dose it the way you can balance duality and non-duality, so still you can receive very essential benefits of it..

Edited by Sevi

I think this video touches the subject. It may take it in another direction. But it's the same principles involved. 

On 19/05/2017 at 2:31 AM, pluto said:

I had a few girlfriends that mentioned after awakenings and transitioning to a more raw natural diet and lifestyle periods were coming late at times and sometimes stopped for a while as well as hormone and other bodily changes and what not. I guess its natural because you are basically changing and becoming a whole new being, the system is cleansing itself and in possibly deep repair/restore mode. Just a wild guess but it wouldn't surprise me, it can be quite powerful.

Lol a few girlfriends that have awakened??? impossible :)

If your meditation is a movement of concentrated thought than it makes sense this disconnected feeling from the body. Concentration or centralization implies focus on one aspect of a specific objective and excludes everything else. 

There’s concentration and then there’s attention. 

Concentration-partial or fragmented experiential observation 

attention-whole or totality experiential observation 

Personaly...when I first realized the me was an illusion I felt I was beyond the realm of thought. But later realized this movement of thought was disguised as the timeless state. I realized that my imagination”thought” was creating this sense discontention and isolation.

Anyone else experience this? 

Edited by Faceless

I experienced thoughtless awareness and some physical sensations which are slightly different than the norm. I could have gotten a bit of a glimpse of "nothingness" through Leo's neti neti video. What you describe seems quite beyond my experiences.

On 10/2/2017 at 6:34 AM, Ricky Walt said:

Lol a few girlfriends that have awakened??? impossible :)

Oh i meant girl friends my bad. Only one of them was my actual partner at the time. She experienced either very late or short lived 1-2 days. They were definitely experiencing the process of waking up/becoming new again if that makes it easier.

Many people wake up but they don't always follow through to reach a full awakening(so to speak) and rather stay in the comfort zones, see with me i suffer if i don't follow Light/Truth because i know within its the right thing to do and if i rather choose what's easier and what society has already set out for me than my divine truth i tend to suffer and get stuck in loops yet with my remaining awareness becomes self punishment since i should already know better by default.

There's levels too it, like Leo say's once it cracks open, there's no going back, you simply can't live the way you live before and thrive blindly and some people only get to the first waves and never reach the crack! so they can fall back down easily and will not notice.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E