Gailan

My Awakening Experience

22 posts in this topic

Hello :)

so as the title says, awakening has occured, and i wanted to share it with you.

I really don't know how to start :D

So today i started my self inquiry(Leo's version of self inquiry) as always, which i do it usually for an hour in the morning and half an hour in the evening. Today when the timer went off, i didn't set up and just went on for more. I've started questioning very deep and force my mind again and again very hard. As i remember, my last question was "what if i don't exist?" And booom!

what happened was a shift, in my perception. I've opened my eyes and my vision was different, i don't say colors were bright, but they were different than before. It was just like i am something that other things are playing on. It's difficult to write. 

And i did alot of self inquiry today after that, i was so detached with other things, that just doing meditation was the best and most enjoyable thing i could do. And after those things, i just sleept for 2 hours, and i thought it will disappear. But it won't.

and i just finished my "do nothing" technique, and it's something i cant forget.

now i'm ready with every single being of mine to do what ever coming in the path.

and i've come with some insights, i want to share it with you.

"I am the thing, that's no-thing"

"what ever you think i am, i am not"

" We are all lost in this life, and each one of us have a peice of mirror in his/her hands facing it toward each other,  blaming and comlaining about others of what they are.

and what is really in the mirror is our faults, belifes, dirts. The true one will face the mirror and try to clean it, so he/she can see his/her truth.

when finally, the one finish the cleaning, can see the truth.

and he/she will be perfect ,wheneverfind the big mirror missing the peice of him/his. And complete the big mirror."

That's all folks, and sorry for my bad english.

if there any suggestion or advice, i'll be happy to hear from you all (espicially Leo :D)

peace & love ^_^

Happy for ya :)

Let's also see how it sticks around.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Gailan said:

"I am the thing, that's no-thing"

"what ever you think i am, i am not"

" We are all lost in this life, and each one of us have a peice of mirror in his/her hands facing it toward each other,  blaming and comlaining about others of what they are.

and what is really in the mirror is our faults, belifes, dirts. The true one will face the mirror and try to clean it, so he/she can see his/her truth.

when finally, the one finish the cleaning, can see the truth.

and he/she will be perfect ,wheneverfind the big mirror missing the peice of him/his. And complete the big mirror."

Wow, this is beautiful!

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Happy for ya :)

Let's also see how it sticks around.

2 hours ago, username said:

Wow, this is beautiful!

Thank you :)

@Gailan Congratulations! What is your Background? Did you read many books about enlightenment? For how many years/month did you do your regulary self inquiry ? 

@Gailan

13 hours ago, Gailan said:

As i remember, my last question was "what if i don't exist?" And booom!

what happened was a shift, in my perception.

@Gailan Nice breakthrough! I just wanted to share something. That sounds almost identical to my experience of a "shift in perception" . I don't remember closing my eyes at the time but I can tell you I wasn't seeing the room I was in any longer. I wonder what is happing with that experience of no-self. What is that "shift" that occurs? The best description I could give would be a something like a trance state or a state of transcendence. I've heard others describe the same experience also.

I remember after the experience thinking "I never knew that could happen".

I too was telling myself at the time "I don't exist". The first shift in perception I noticed was awareness came to a point of focus like a laser beam. Than that focused point of consciousness suddenly became liberated from my body location. It filled the room beyond me. That kinda freaked me out b-c I felt like a freaking ghost and that kind of bought me out of it. But than I thought "what the hell, go with it". Than boom! I became totally submerged in an ocean of pure consciousness. It was as if consciousness had returned to it's true home ground beyond the usual everyday confines of the body location.

Edit:  I was just doing some research and found a description that called what you experienced -Samadhi.

Edited by cetus56

14 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Gailan Congratulations! What is your Background? Did you read many books about enlightenment? For how many years/month did you do your regulary self inquiry ? 

i was a muslim from the begining , after a while i became an athiest, nihilist, then found about meditation.

i didn't read a lot of books about it.

i did breathing meditation for 9 months, then quit meditation. after about 10 months, I have started again with same breathing technique, and did it for about 3 months, then i was tired of it again. that's when i found Leo and started self inquiry. i have been self inquiring for about 4 months, and first month was an hour per day. in the 3rd month, it means last month, i had added another 30 minutes in the evening, 30 minutes of 'do nothing' technique, and also Focus exercise before each of those three for 5 minutes.

12 hours ago, cetus56 said:

@Gailan

@Gailan Nice breakthrough! I just wanted to share something. That sounds almost identical to my experience of a "shift in perception" . I don't remember closing my eyes at the time but I can tell you I wasn't seeing the room I was in any longer. I wonder what is happing with that experience of no-self. What is that "shift" that occurs? The best description I could give would be a something like a trance state or a state of transcendence. I've heard others describe the same experience also.

I remember after the experience thinking "I never knew that could happen".

I too was telling myself at the time "I don't exist". The first shift in perception I noticed was awareness came to a point of focus like a laser beam. Than that focused point of consciousness suddenly became liberated from my body location. It filled the room beyond me. That kinda freaked me out b-c I felt like a freaking ghost and that kind of bought me out of it. But than I thought "what the hell, go with it". Than boom! I became totally submerged in an ocean of pure consciousness. It was as if consciousness had returned to it's true home ground beyond the usual everyday confines of the body location.

Edit:  I was just doing some research and found a description that called what you experienced -Samadhi.

Thanks for sharing that with us :x

When the shift occurred, i was shocked for less than a second and let go, that was real transformation. the emerge i experienced was not as i imagined and so i thought that maybe awakening didn't occurred, but then i let go. 

so you say what i have experienced was Samadhi?

6 minutes ago, Gailan said:

so you say what i have experienced was Samadhi?

That is the best explanation I could find- so far. I watched this video with John Hagelin. A lot of what he says relates to this experience. 

18 hours ago, cetus56 said:

That is the best explanation I could find- so far. I watched this video with John Hagelin. A lot of what he says relates to this experience. 

Thank you ?

1 hour ago, unknownworld said:

Thank you for sharing this! Great to see someone taking action and not just mentally masturbating on this forum. Some of the most awake people are the ones that don't post much at all on this forum it seems ?

I agree with that posting issue. 

@Gailan What John Hagelin presents @9:00 seems to describe your experience of a "shift in perception".

Samadhi : "Where the whole brain is functioning in an integrated way that is not seen in any other state of consciousness -waking, dreaming or sleep"

I wonder what is special about the "I don't exist" practice that enables the whole brain to suddenly come into complete synchronization and experience -Samadhi (higher consciousness) ?

Is it that a sense of self (fight or flight) keeps the brain hemispheres segregated and in a state of lower consciousness?

As you experienced, that "shift in perception" is quite noticeable.

Discovering for the first time that we all possess a higher level of consciousness that can be tapped into is nothing short of amazing! 

Can you state exactly the technique you're using please? I understand "leo's technique" to mean his neti-neti guided method (which I have on mp3), but not sure Im right. And do you close your eyes? thanks

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)

@mp22 It's bringing concentration to a point of perfect focus on a subject. I was hammering the "I don't exist"  when the "shift" happened to me. @Gailan explains the same.

I'd like to also mention that it's kind of a hit or miss thing. So don't get discouraged if it doesn't happen the first time. It's like your brain needs to discover something completely new.

Edited by cetus56

Thanks so much. So just so I know, I sit down, close my eyes and say to myself periodically stuff like "I dont exist", focusing only on that?

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)

Thanks for sharing @Gailan 

@mp22  I don't think just repeating will work, it becomes "mechanical". Do self inquiry, ask "who am I" and stay in silence trying to find out who you are in reality. Without judgments, with radical honesty find out who you really are.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

39 minutes ago, mp22 said:

Thanks so much. So just so I know, I sit down, close my eyes and say to myself periodically stuff like "I dont exist", focusing only on that?

@mp22 Not exactly like that. You have to completely let go of yourself to become no-self, no-thing. Just saying to yourself that you are no-self is just more "you" trying to be no-self. That's a really long hit or miss road (except for using some kind of drug to force a no-self experience). Which is not my first choice.

You could look at it this way. You know how a computer has an operating system. You can't use the old OS to reinvent itself into a completely new OS. So the fastest way to install a new OS, is to completely remove the original OS first. "You" temporally become no-self or non existent. If your willing to let go of the OS that you run on now, the new OS will be installed in the flash of an eye.  You see the hardest part about this is letting go of the old OS. The rest is easy!

2 hours ago, cetus56 said:

@Gailan What John Hagelin presents @9:00 seems to describe your experience of a "shift in perception".

Samadhi : "Where the whole brain is functioning in an integrated way that is not seen in any other state of consciousness -waking, dreaming or sleep"

I wonder what is special about the "I don't exist" practice that enables the whole brain to suddenly come into complete synchronization and experience -Samadhi (higher consciousness) ?

Is it that a sense of self (fight or flight) keeps the brain hemispheres segregated and in a state of lower consciousness?

As you experienced, that "shift in perception" is quite noticeable.

Discovering for the first time that we all possess a higher level of consciousness that can be tapped into is nothing short of amazing! 

I've watched the video, and now i know what was that, thanks for you :)

Look, these days i've come with an insight: We are all runing away from Death, also from Truth. This a part of our nature to resist things and try to do things, try to be things, try,try ,and try. When ever you accept that reality that you(ego) will die, and you can't do anything about it, there you'll surrender, and enter the Ocean.

As of your question about Fight or Flight, i could say that anything which is not right here right now, and you want, will cause that state. Try that for yourself and you'll see.

Love :)

2 hours ago, mp22 said:

Can you state exactly the technique you're using please? I understand "leo's technique" to mean his neti-neti guided method (which I have on mp3), but not sure Im right. And do you close your eyes? thanks

It is the technique which he posted in this forum and pinned. Also i'm more aware when i close my eyes, and it's up to you which one you prefer.

1 hour ago, abrakamowse said:

Thanks for sharing @Gailan 

@mp22  I don't think just repeating will work, it becomes "mechanical". Do self inquiry, ask "who am I" and stay in silence trying to find out who you are in reality. Without judgments, with radical honesty find out who you really are.

Yeah @mp22 keep an open eye on that, and be aware. It's self inquiry, not focusing technique. Also, try to do it practically instead of asking questions about what it is. Because only you, can know what it is, for yourself.

Your welcome @abrakamowse

@mp22 I had my shift while doing a guided self-inquiry in this video:

"What if I'm a thought ?"

"What's seeking ?"

tenor.gif

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Natasha   with that video I had an experience of feeling all my body completely. I even noticed the blood running into the veins and the breathing, the air entering in the lungs. It was amazing, but I couldn't "reproduce" that experience again.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16