Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gertsh

Sick After Mushroom Trip

5 posts in this topic

So I had a very fruitful and enriching mushroom trip two weeks ago without any anxiety or fear at all. Two days later, though, I became sick. Had fever, was sweating at night and just felt a general discomfort. Still, I did not feel any negative psychological aftereffects, I just physically felt pretty bad. It must have been a viral infection and I am quite confident it coincidentally came just after the trip. But since I can't even remember the last time I was sick, I am skeptical.

I grew the mushrooms myself, let them dry and since then store them in the freezer. This was the second time I consumed from this batch, this time 2g, the first 1g. And I didn't feel sick after the first time. I am in good physical shape, meditate daily for two years now and did plenty of research before the trip.

Do you guys think there is no link between the trip and me getting sick at all, or that it actually caused me getting sick or at least weakened my immune system? Or that this could even be a psychological effect not obvious to me?

Curious to hear about your thoughts and experiences!

One potential interpretation is that the mushroom trip opened up your mind so much that is created cracks in your aura, allowing in outside parasites, and will easily go away as you begin to integrate what you learned and are learning into a whole understanding of yourself and the universe.  We can always thank our pain for showing us new dimensions, and for the compassionate reflections of how we feel about the world around us.  Try healing someone else, and see if it helps you feel more well.  I am saying this to you, actually as a way of coping with my own dis-eases, which I naively thought achieving enlightenment would resolve, lol.  I too eat incredibly healthy, get plenty of rest and exercise, and yet perhaps I am not yet fully in alignment.  I will continue to listen to my heart and let it tell me where to go or to not go.

On a scientific level, the mushrooms had nothing to do with the disease carrying pathway.  Diseases and viruses are all around us all the time.  You may have simply been unlucky and come into contact with some particularly vicious little creatures somewhere, or quite simply your body was drained from the trip, and wasn't responding with as intense of immunilogical vigor as a homeostatic body would. 

I doubt the mushrooms made you physically sick. But if the trip was psychologically stressful, that stress could have lowered your immune system allowing for easier infection.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Betcha it was an unconscious, ego-originated manifestation of illness as distraction and deflection away from it's further diminishment. 

Gotta give it credit, it's ruthlessly clever and endlesly resourceful and inventive in it's defense against obliteration.

Edited by FirstglimpseOMG
furthur blathering added