electroBeam

Any Ways To Increase Iq That Works?

30 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, electroBeam said:

yes I have tried picture learning. My problem is my RAM isn't big enough hahaha. I.e. my temporary memory.@jjer94 does diet affect learning in your xp? My diet could be better. Its mainly vegan but I have 1 meal a day on average, and snacks inbetween.

Diet actually does affect intelligence. I don't know much about it since I'm just the starting to get into this area for intelligence but I've heard there is specfic food that can boost brain power if you search online. Some people who write on learning recommend exercising before studying saying that it increases focus, creativity and retention. One person I've heard actually mentioned that you can walk around while learning.

Working memory or short term memory can be increased by going into nature more. And some even report that you can do so also by looking at pictures of nature. You can even google the studies on this if you like.

The brain training thing I gave you as a link earlier is risky in that most brain trainers are often seen as scientifically questionable but is the only system I've seen that didnt report major critics in its use or at least critics who have actually tried this system. Its emphasis is increasing short term memory but I tend requires payment. It is their own version of N dual back training which is controversial in that some people say it works for them and some people say it doesn't. Some hardcore N dual backers often report this system as the only one that actually works. I'll be looking into it and you may as well too.

Edited by WaterfallMachine

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

8 hours ago, electroBeam said:

@username yeah those are good sources, thanks dude, though unfortunately my situation is a little more complicated. Im already aware of Carl Newport, scott young's note taking techniques. Its when i do practice excersises, it takes me twice as long to do them, and it feels painful, i make a lot of mistakes, etc. 

My problem is that I'm a holistic thinker, and education is annoyingly not holistic. They just rip a piece of information out of no where and teach you the contents of that, rather than teaching how it interconnects with everything else. And education doesn't teach with a lot of example, they teach abstractly. Im not an abstract thinker, i learn by example.

I also tried much of Scott Young's notetaking techniques. It is really hard but in the beggining. The one where you have to explain it to yourself in your own words (Feynman technique) is the hardest for me but eventually I reached a greater point where I was able to do them in my head quickly enough without the notes. (Though if the material is hard enough — I still need notes or may take repetition.) I still do reach a point of my brain hurting but there's a deeper much fuller understanding before that might take longer in the short term, allows a much better retention and understanding in the long term. Normal learning tends to feel "easier", but this is what allows them to forget it so easily and lack a deeper understanding that will help them along the way as they advance.

I decided once to check the source of the technique once (Feynman) and he explains deeper understanding in several ways throughout his works.

"The next Monday, when the fathers were all back at work, we kids were playing in a field. One kid says to me, “See that bird? What kind of bird is that?” I said, “I haven’t the slightest idea what kind of a bird it is.” He says, “It’s a brown-throated thrush. Your father doesn’t teach you anything!” But it was the opposite. He had already taught me: “See that bird?” he says. “It’s a Spencer’s warbler.” (I knew he didn’t know the real name.) “Well, in Italian, it’s a Chutto Lapittida. In Portuguese, it’s a Bom da Peida. In Chinese, it’s a Chung-long-tah, and in Japanese, it’s a Katano Tekeda. You can know the name of that bird in all the languages of the world, but when you’re finished, you’ll know absolutely nothing whatever about the bird. You’ll only know about humans in different places, and what they call the bird. So let’s look at the bird and see what it’s doing—that’s what counts.” — Richard Feynman.

“We had the Encyclopedia Britannica at home and even when I was a small boy my father used to sit me on his lap and read to me from the Encyclopedia Britannica, and we would read, say, about dinosaurs and maybe it would be talking about the brontosaurus or something, or tyrannosaurus rex, and it would say something like, ‘This thing is twenty-five feet high and the head is six feet across,’ you see, and so he’d stop and say, 'let’s see what that means. That would mean that if he stood in our front yard he would be high enough to put his head through the window but not quite because the head is a little bit too wide and it would break the window as it came by.’ Everything we’d read would be translated as best as we could into some reality and so I learned to do that - everything that I read I try to figure out what it really means, what it’s really saying by translating.”

- Richard Feynman

Edited by WaterfallMachine

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

Also would like to mention the power of the mind and belief. If you truly believe something it has no option but to manifest. I always had an excellent memory and can remember things when i was even 6 months young through 1-3 years even though no one believes me but my mother because she was there as a young adult to remember but still thinks somethings are just memories or what i picked up. I remember what i saw and experienced it was no dream, it feels like yesterday when i close my eyes and wonder back. Magical times they were ;')

They told me i won't remember, i wont remember most of my DMT experience they told me, i told them wanna make a bet?

I said i will have optimal recall i said. Was enough to write a few thousand words at least :P but the parts you really cant remember have more to do with comprehension of the physical brain more so than memory complex.

If you keep telling yourself the same thing everyday, with strong belief eventually it will manifest into a "Knowing" once it becomes a knowing its smooth scaling from there. Simple universal functions. One step at a time friend :)

B R E A T H E

9 hours ago, Annetta said:

Visual learning is best if you have Asperger's, ADD, ect.
Equating something you need to learn to a picture might help, have you tried it?

This is great! Remember people you don't need a smartphone to capture every event, instead allow your brain to capture it :)

It needs exercise too.

B R E A T H E

@Prabhaker That was awesome, good to listen to.  
I'm on my way to being ready to start a meditation routine.  Getting health taken care of, started a early-to-bed-early-to-rise sleep schedule this month, eating well for the past five months.
Exercise and a clean environment are next on the list, and I feel once my health is managed then my mental life will settle down considerably and then I can start a morning/evening mediation session.
@pluto So very true!

On 15 May 2017 at 3:51 AM, electroBeam said:

My problem is that I'm a holistic thinker, and education is annoyingly not holistic. They just rip a piece of information out of no where and teach you the contents of that, rather than teaching how it interconnects with everything else. And education doesn't teach with a lot of example, they teach abstractly. Im not an abstract thinker, i learn by example.

:) I can relate to you quite a lot. And I understand what you're trying to communicate since I myself am struggling with it. What I've discovered is keeping education simple (don't confuse it with easy, I mean simple) works i.e. Keeping the process of raising 'IQ' simple is imp. I've tried different methods and techniques but Its just another form of procrastinating, not doing the real work. At least that was what I found for myself. 

You mentioned that you're a holistic thinker (hi five) and loves te process of connecting the dots, well go for it. Whatever you study, give yourself some time to settle with it and try to connect it with different aspects of life, especially with the ones you're fond of. Makes sense? 

You don't have to move according to the established "rules" for studying. Do it the way you like it. 

Also I agree with the point of physical exercise, take up a sport maybe. It's way more interesting to indulge in a sport than going to the boring gym.