Samuel

Meditation-mushroom Retreat

15 posts in this topic

Me and my friend have been planning a 5-day retreat this summer, where we meditate for the first 3 days. Then, at the end of day 3 (in the evening) we will ingest some magic mushrooms. After the trip, we stay at the retreat for another 2 days to contemplate and ponder. We will be completing this retreat at my friends summer cottage in the woods.

Our plan is to do the first 3 days of formal meditation in complete silence, and no distractions.

As for the mushrooms, we are still unsure whether we will allow talking during the experience or not. What do you think?

Then, we would get back to meditation/contemplation (again with complete silence) for the upcoming 2 days, but, this time allowing pen and paper for notes.

What are your thoughts on this retreat idea?  

A lot of people seem to think mushrooms enable some kind of telepathic experience. ^_^ Particularly when taken with those we're close with.

Talking with a friend while on psychedelics is fun, but language can feel inhibiting and I find we're usually just trying to express the inexpressible. Talking can also be clumsy when high. It feels to me like a waste of energy attempting to englishify your experiences on the fly instead of just moving through them silently. Though I guess it depends on your intentions. If you want fun and connection then talk, but also keep in mind you have unlimited time after the retreat to relate insights and experiences together.

Edited by Arman

both when on shrooms and after; just talk if you want to! it can be a great way to compliment the contemplation. 

but holy sh you got a friend like that tho? that's pretty lucky i think, (s)he live right by you? how did you meet? 

Sounds interesting.

If you were inclined to avoid talking while tripping maybe you keep pads handy for jotting down questions, experiences or insights to hash over with your buddies later. Or maybe jot down the good stuff & reserve 'come down time' for opening up to discussion. 

Awesome plan for the retreat though, kudos!

@Captain Flint Well I couldn't think of any. :) I created this topic mainly to get feedback for the structure of the retreat.

@Arman Yeah, i know how confusing talking can get.  We want this retreat to be a growth trip more than anything. Yes, we would like this retreat to be fun and all, but I think the real growth happens when we cut all the bullshit and stick to the inner work.

@Erlend That could be a good idea. :) We'll consider it.

My friend is an old class mate I met when I was 14. Lucky, we both generated a similar interest in Truth/Consciousness work.

@FirstglimpseOMG I like this idea. Let's see if we are in a state that allows us to write stuff down though. ;)

...and that's an awesome name.

@Shanmugam We are, it's a private retreat. I would love to see something like this made for students serious about consciousness work. Maybe a future business idea.. ;) 

There's definitely a lot of telepathy on LSD with like-minded people but mushrooms are more self journeying if that makes sense.

@Arman

B R E A T H E

Hello guys, I am the friend doing this with him! :D 

I dont know about the writing down notes part during the trip even, It would be awesome to forget about language for a while. Rewire the brain to work and think on a pure intuitive conceptual manner, not needing to break down ideas into sentenced structure, which is common thought. It would be great to be in that space between thoughts for as long as possible. 

Maybe even get creative during the shrooms, express in a way free from language, action, the body, signals? Anything, let the pure imagination flourish on different ways of expression :). 

A picture says a thousand words, a simple chord can express the depths of an emotion, obviously theres a communication happening throughout the universe at all times through ways free from language