Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
faith

7 Days Fast With Surprising Benefits Towards Spirituality

7 posts in this topic

I never thought fasting could be used as a way to reach enlightenment. And this idea has been around since Buddha. I urge you to watch the video below about a 7 day fast that creates space for higher consciousness, as well as carries physical benefits such as cleaning out the junk you've eaten over your lifetime. 

Have a look:

Never mind, my excitement to try this pretty much died right after liftoff. If you find something too good to be true, you can always put your money on Mayo Clinic:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/detox-diets/faq-20058040

Also, the Guardian had a good piece on the whole detox hysteria, and I have pasted out a little text from that article. The link to the full article can be found below.

Collins guffaws at the notion of superfoods. “Most people think that you should restrict or pay particular attention to certain food groups, but this is totally not the case,” she says. “The ultimate lifestyle ‘detox’ is not smoking, exercising and enjoying a healthy balanced diet like the Mediterranean diet.”

Close your eyes, if you will, and imagine a Mediterranean diet. A red chequered table cloth adorned with meats, fish, olive oil, cheeses, salads, wholegrain cereals, nuts and fruits. All these foods give the protein, amino acids, unsaturated fats, fibre, starches, vitamins and minerals to keep the body – and your immune system, the biggest protector from ill-health – functioning perfectly.

So why, then, with such a feast available on doctor’s orders, do we feel the need to punish ourselves to be healthy? Are we hard-wired to want to detox, given that many of the oldest religions practise fasting and purification? Has the scientific awakening shunted bad spirits to the periphery and replaced them with environmental toxins that we think we have to purge ourselves of?

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/dec/05/detox-myth-health-diet-science-ignorance

mediterranean-diet-pyramid-1.jpg

You're quick to change your mind...

Hearsay can only take you so far. Try out fasting for yourself, and see what happens.

Here's a resource for ya. And another. 

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

@crazycrazycrazy Fasting isn't the same thing as a detox diet though. 

Fasting has proven benefits. 

If you don't want to try a 7 day fast, try this one that I do:

When i fasted on spring water only for 1-2 weeks is when i felt most pure and connected in my life.

Pair it with meditation and you will feel refreshed and reset in every way.

I felt like i was a child again, free and peaceful yet wise and mature.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@faithful Fasting has benefits. People mean different things when they talk about "detoxing." I have seen detox powders that are comprised of soy and corn  ingredients, things I would detox FROM. Anything can be bastardized and misused - packaged and sold.

I don't listen to anyone who recommends eating cheese and then prances around like they have learned the smart art of "balance" and "moderation." Cheese is addictive. People laughed at the World Health Organization report stating that, but it was a groundbreaking admission of how radically different we need to be eating and how addicted we are to allergens. Imo.

Also, be careful about eating certain fish "more than twice a week," as recommended in that pyramid. 

There is a lot of conflicting info out there because it's complicated and people like to think in terms of "good and bad." You may not have a grip on what you're talking about until you've read about and played with food for years. 

Finding the conflicting info like you did helps you see the differing perspectives and issues. Try not to get so attached to the opinions as you read. 

nothing is anything