Ry4n

Meditation Techniques That Create Psychedelic States?

44 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Loreena said:

What's the difference between samadhi and enlightenment

Samadhi is reaching to your center. Samadhi is only a dewdrop which has become aware, alert, contented, fulfilled. Enlightenment is the dewdrop slipping into the vast, infinite ocean.

1 minute ago, Prabhaker said:

Samadhi is reaching to your center. Samadhi is only a dewdrop which has become aware, alert, contented, fulfilled. Enlightenment is the dewdrop slipping into the vast, infinite ocean.

Which ocean ? What does it represent ?

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

11 minutes ago, Loreena said:

And is suffering natural.

I don't know, maybe yes and no.

5 minutes ago, Loreena said:

Which ocean ? What does it represent ?

Infinite ocean of cosmic consciousness. Then you can say like Jesus, "I and the father are one."

Edited by Prabhaker

Being the fulfilled dewdrop aware we are one with the ocean.

A salty tear in the eye(the I) of awareness falling in the salty ocean of consciousness.

I dig it.

Edited by SOUL

1 minute ago, Prabhaker said:

Infinite ocean of cosmic consciousness. Then can say like Jesus, "I and the father are one."

Oh, you mean something like GOD CONSCIOUSNESS.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

Just now, Loreena said:

Oh, you mean something like GOD CONSCIOUSNESS.

Yes, you can say 'Christ consciousness'.

Falling asleep while remaining totally conscious (during a nap).

You can do this eyes open or closed, laying back on bed.

I guess Stanislav Grof with his holotrophic breathing might "do" what you are looking for. I personally have no experience with it though.

3 hours ago, unknownworld said:

Why would you not explain when you make such bold claims? 

I can make false claims, someone else can make false claims , unless you experiment yourself , how can you know ?

There are ancient breathing techniques that can create something similar but most have been lost although i would checkout Wim Hof, he has a pretty good technique i was able to see colors and fractals/geometry at one point. Maybe if you practice daily and gradually go deeper and deeper you can learn other techniques and methods to allow you to naturally access those states without the use of psychedelics.

B R E A T H E

No formal technique is necessary. Through intention alone you can cultivate all kinds of states - from the mundane to the exalted. Easier said than done though. Sometimes techniques and formal practices only work more easily because they bypass our held beliefs about what we can and can't do. We think we can't just simply relax and be happy for no reason other than because we want to, so we meditate because we believe that will do it for us, and then we reap some of the results. Bashar would call these 'permission slips'. It is possible to create a state inwardly and hold that identity or state firmly, and eventually that identity or reality will be reflected in your emotions, thoughts, physicality, and the rest of your experience allowing for a total transformation. 

One of the powers behind psychedelics is that they temporarily strip away lots of held limiting beliefs and so it's easier to access states of higher clarity, intuition or bliss - but this dynamic can reinforce the idea we need to do something (take something, do a certain kind of meditation, etc) to reach certain states of being. 

It is possible to, for example, work yourself into states of really high bliss comparable to MDMA, or to effortlessly receive answers to your questions. This can be done by consciously generating the reality of your desire inwardly. If you continue to look towards your external experience to determine how you aught to feel, think and behave, then you will continue to generate that same reality which is governed by unconscious patterns. If you can consciously hold your inward reality and choose to frame your entire experience as confirmation of the reality that you're now choosing to align with, then it's only a matter of time before it is reflected externally . The art comes in aligning in fulfillment of your chosen reality now. If you are expecting, waiting or hoping for a change in the external reality, then that change won't come because you're still associating with the old experience. If you know you can have anything you want right now by freely and consciously choosing to have it and so you rest in that fulfillment now, then reality will start to quickly align with that experience and generate it in your external experience, feeling, thoughts, synchronicities and whatever perceptions it takes to fulfill your desired state perfectly. 

It's a bit of an art and there are many different techniques, teachings and approaches on the subject. A lot of it is just removing the barriers and beliefs that say you can't generate your states from within - or that external reality governs in the internal. Experience says that the opposite is true - that the inward reality generates your entire experience. Discovery of this takes some dedication, openness, but most importantly the willingness to find out for yourself. 

5 minutes ago, unknownworld said:

If we do, at least it will make people less likely to make false claims.

Anyone can make false claims on a internet forum, you can't stop them by questioning if you have not experienced real and false Samadhi both.

When people who know only the experience of psychedelics , do you question them? You immediately accept their claim.

Nobody wants to travel on a long and arduous path. When plastic flower are available then why bother about real flowers ?

Just now, unknownworld said:

I don't see why you can't explain your bold claim about psychedelics.

Only because this forum belongs to Leo, he advocates the use of psychedelics. 

If you want to get some crazy psychedelic-like effects then try working on getting very high levels of concentration, either by focusing on the breath or some other object (see Leo's concentration video). You can experience all kinds of crazy stuff in the higher samatha jhanas, or concentration stages. If you want to bring up (and then work through) any deep rooted emotional stuff, the higher concentration stages are apparently very effective at doing that. You can also experience some extremely blissful states that are probably far beyond any sort of psychedelic induced body-high.

However it's likely you won't be achieving this any time soon, unless you've already done a lot of concentration, or are just naturally good at it. Some diligent practise is all it takes though. Plus concentration meditation is easy-peasy. Just a matter of putting in the hours. Try getting access concentration (the first stage) i.e. staying on your object of meditation for a good 20 minutes without getting lost in thought. 

Also check out Holotropic Breathwork. It's not so much a meditation, but it apparently induces some mind blowing psychedelic states.

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@pluto holy shit, I definitely wanna try that.. ive heard of Wim Hof but I didn't know his methods could do that.

It would be a real shame if you actually don't have much experience with psychedelics when you make such claims.

I don't mind , you are free to express your views. It is more be shameful if you waste your life without experiencing real Samadhi. 

11 minutes ago, unknownworld said:

You should not be talking about psychedelics when you have no experience with them.

Let's assume that I have no experience with psychedelics, but it is not an esoteric secret, anyone can read about it, different users experience are available on this forum and internet. Anyone can write about it. Experience of real mystics is not available to everyone. What you know from new age spiritual teachers is a vague hint. Many of so called spiritual teachers are not mystics. I don't know how do you compare experience of psychedelics with real Samadhi.

1 minute ago, unknownworld said:

The issue I had was you stating that they produced cheap states without actually having experience them , thats all.

Real Samadhi is not only about any hallucinating experience or experience of 'reality' . It is a mutation, it transforms you. 

I have had a couple transformative mystical experiences with psychedelics.

You don't know about mystical experiences at all, what are the transformations you are talking about ?