Scholar

The Paradigm Of Materialism

5 posts in this topic

I was just contemplating the nature and attributes of materialism, and I have noticed a very specific notion that allows that paradigm to exist.

The notion is:

Things are doing.

Very simple, there are things, and they do things. A human acts, a tree falls, an atom moves, the universe exists. We see the action independent of the object, starting from ourselves. We see ourselves as something that acts. A thing, that takes action. A mind that thinks, a body that moves. A will that is free.

This very notion is a fundamental part of language. Without that notion, language as we know it would not exist, it simply couldn't. There couldn't be something, doing something. Everything we do in language is either describing properties of an object, or describing the action of an object. We have multiple layers of discrimination, of dualism. It's quite beautiful, but a completely delusional construction.

For example, we might say an evolutionary process made the human come to be. We are the result of an evolutionary process. We picture, in our minds, a law, a principle, that governs objects in the world, and changes these objects.

What we can do instead, is see us as human beings, as the evolutionary process. We are literally the evolutionary process. And the evolutionary process is literally nature itself. And nature itself is literally existance. This way of thinking, which is a way of seeing the world for what it is, would quickly end all dualism.

The atom is not governed by the laws of nature. See, if we think that way, we have to find out what the atom is. There is a concept of atom, and we picture it as something with mass. And object. But what is the object made out of? Of course, it's just an idea, this is why there is no way to find out what mass is, or what it is made out of.

The atom is not made out of mass, the atom does not exist whatsoever. There is no need, whatsoever, for an atom to exist. All there needs to be is the laws themselves, the actions themselves.

So, an atom is not moving through space, instead, movement is simply happening. The human being is not subject to evolution, he is evolution. The mind is not a creation of the universe, it is the universe. It is the action, nothing more than that. It is existence itself. From there, the mind stops to think, because it recognizes that existence is just a word, empty in meaning, because meaning itself is not what existence is. Existence is what is. It's not even what is, because there is not something that is. 

This is the game language plays with the mind. I cannot state this otherwise. I have to use "it", I have to create the illusion of object, to delude myself into dualism. This is the very reason why language cannot grasp non-dualism, in any way or form. It can simply create an idea of it, or it can cease to exist.

Materialism, language and ideas are the coming into being of dualism. But even dualism is part of the all, of existence. It's not really part of anything whatsoever, it simply is exactly what it is.

The question is, how do you bring that paradigm shift to the masses?

Glory to Israel

3 hours ago, Dingus said:

After that wonderful post about how every"thing" is only process processing, you ask how you as a separate thing can control it? :P

The question is part of it, I'm not asking anything. :P

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

Interesting post, yet I still imagine uncreated light as the energy source of reality.

IMO, materialism, is the delusion of attempting to claim God for self. 

6 hours ago, Visitor said:

Interesting post, yet I still imagine uncreated light as the energy source of reality.

IMO, materialism, is the delusion of attempting to claim God for self. 

So, reality is made out of imagination?

Because everything you imagine, is imagination. Saying anything you can imagine is the source of reality is saying reality literally is imagination. I guess it's hard to imagine that reality is beyond imagination? xD

Ironically, even the notion of reality itself is imagination. So, it literally is an imagination! The irony is so deep!

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel