Ayla

[book] The Artist's Way, Julia Cameron (10/10)

7 posts in this topic

Another AMAZING practical book that proposes a process to get creativity started in any individual! 

On amazon. 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

I own the entire series! As a creative writer, I used the first book to break out of my creative slump. Fortunately, I am working on a large creative writing portfolio and I've been writing five pages per day and I've been persistent since Summer 2015 and it's 2016, and I'm making huge progress on my portfolio. 

I enjoyed this book back in 2005 or 2006 and have for a long time used "The Pages" (the main technique in the book) daily.

It's very useful and practical. Also good for people who begin their spiritual actualization, as the proposed technique helps the processee to get a distance to his thought-process. Consequently a new awarness and insight grows in the individual about all the things related to his existence.

I also liked the anectodes and quotations the author used thrughout the book.
It was very inspiration for me at that time.

I would recommend this book to anyone who has a creative career or who aspires to be an artist or already IS an artist and needs a simple process to recover/strenghten his creative "mojo".

The above is only a glimpse on the content of the book. It's full of the "good stuff" and communicated at a very comprehensive level (no previous involvement in anything spiritual or motivational needed).

Chris

Edited by Isle of View

Any tips on how to do the Morning Pages? I try to do them immediately after waking but most of the days there is no stream of consciousness at all.. just quiet. That's why I meditate best in the morning...

The most life-changing habit I've built is morning pages. For me morning pages are beautiful. Every morning when I wake up I write 3 pages. Does not matter what I write or if it even makes sense. Through this, I'm integrating life experiences and growing.

I can't recommend the book enough.

@GrowthPilgrim just write. If you don't know what to write, then just write that. You need to push yourself to make this habit. 

Eventually, you'll reach a point when the writing just flows. But until then just commit to writing. Once your pen hits the paper don't stop moving your hands.

creativity start within the heart.

I watched a tons of videos about art, I find most of them non sensical in the long run, you become more & more aware of the "no that will not do it" of taking boundaries of others.

observe a bit some good artist at their work on youtube and that is doing it for me

freedom of mind is where true art begin.

the more a mind is free, the more creative it is and the more it can set healthy boundary to himself.

in art there is no books, but the book of love.

Edited by GodDesireOnlyLove