Hardik jain

I Just Cannot Calm Down.

12 posts in this topic

Whenever I try to calm down my mind gets agitated and confused and I keep thinking continuously literally like a mad man. Please help I want to do all the good stuff like being mindful and stuff but my mind gets agitated when ever I try to calm down.

Stop trying to calm it down then. Just notice what it's doing. That's all. This is not the same as calming it down. When you try to calm it, it's like trying to push down a gigantic whirl pool in the middle of the ocean, you're just going to get sucked in. 

Watch the whirlpool, see how it operates, study it via meditation. 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

5 hours ago, Hardik jain said:

Whenever I try to calm down my mind gets agitated and confused and I keep thinking continuously literally like a mad man. Please help I want to do all the good stuff like being mindful and stuff but my mind gets agitated when ever I try to calm down.

This is a stage you have to go through.
You can't become still without seeing the madman in you first.

Even when you'll be peaceful, the madman will still be there, the only difference is that you'll know the madman isn't you.
So you won't care if he scream, fear, or is unhappy, in fact you'll be grateful to feel these emotions, cause at this point you'll know they are only signs.
They'll point to which beliefs you have to transcend, in order to free yourself.

Fear is one of these emotions, so you won't fear to go through fear either :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Look outside your window. Is there wind? Do leaves move? Can you see birds flying? - that is mindfulness. 

Now stop the wind and make the birds go back or change direction or drop dead. That is trying to calm life down. 

;)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

The good news is, there's something you want and you want it badly. The better news is you already know what you want. The hard news is, it's time to start making healthier choices and listening to positive and motivational things daily. Hourly if possible. 

Speaking only from my personal experience...be thankful for the desire in you. Most people only dream of it. Stop trying to extinguish it, you can't. You came here with it. For it. So do it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I like the idea of your unwanted thoughts being the results of a monkey mind giving you its opinion on things. Learning mindfulness is about giving the monkeys in your head another thing to focus on, other than thoughts that might make you spiral into a negative place.

This first video is a short description of the monkey mind, while the second is a more in-depth conversation with some actual tips on how to take back control of your mind.

Get "high" (on marijuana if this is permissible to your superego, or on ginseng, which is legal everywhere and recommended by many holistic physicians) and then go the a health spa. Enjoy a good swim, a massage and a sauna. Repeat every week, forever. 

- From Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson 

Sounds like a bad case of anxiety to me. Practice catching every negative thought in your mind and turning it into a neutral or positive one BEFORE it turns into a huge pile of disaster. Talk to yourself in a compassionate calming way to slow down your thoughts and dissolve some of them. Tornadoes don't happen out of nowhere, they start slowly. You need to learn how to turn your thoughts around.

For a temporary but quick relief, give this video a shot: 

you have to suffer through it. I have the same problem when trying to meditate. Mind is going crazy. Perfectly normal. If you sit still long enough, eventually your mind will calm down. Also, focus on breathing. When you inhale, focus on the center of the chest. Breath into it. When focusing on your breaths, other thoughts and anxiousness will slowly disappear. This has helped me. 

Stop trying to calm it down, you're wasting your time. Accept the fact that your mind goes crazy. There's nothing wrong with monkey mind. Don't judge it, simply accept it and view it with mindful awareness, knowing that these thoughts are not facts and are not you. Same thing goes with any feelings of anxiety or agitation. The goal is not to get rid of these experiences, it's to accept them and use mindfulness in such a way where it no longer has power over us.

Besides, the monkey mind will pass in time, just have faith.