Leo Gura

Post Your Biggest Challenges With Spirituality Here

74 posts in this topic

I would like a breakdown on the different facets of spirituality. This would include enlightenment, and some of the paranormal phenomena that you've touched upon. Also the difference between spiritual purification and enlightenment. Is it possible to have a direct knowledge of Truth, yet still have miles of spiritual purification left?  Or visa versa?  Could one still be primarily living in monkey mind but still be enlightened?

Also, are there enough free hours in the week to make serious progress working a 9-5?

@Leo Gura Please more content on how to live a sage-like lifestyle in a western society (U.S. in particular), when you work a full-time job and have family obligations.

Thank you.  

Edited by Natasha

The toughest thing was realising that the people I love, I have been loving from ego point of view. I got over that, talking to Martin Ball, extending that love I feel for those people to everyone(thing) else because it is all, of course, just me anyways <3 

My biggest obstacles when it comes to enlightenment/spirituality is staying in the path when i'm living in a society and have a family that is very materialistic, big egos and always feeding you with shit. I try to avoid it so much, but how are you going to successfully do that when everyone around you is doing it all the time?

My other problem personally is money. I been wanting to eat much healthier, fund trips to a retreat and many other things that could help me with enlightenment. The problem is that i'm in college and really can't afford none of those things at all, plus i'm up at night from time to time thinking if being in college is really worth it. All i'm doing right now is trying to learn as much as I can, but I feel like the stuff that could really help me get to enlightenment is very tough to afford and pursue.

Trying to be spiritual in a loveless world where there is evil and hate and not be called a pussy for confronting hate with love. 

Being spiritual and also having to compromise with the fact that my spirituality may not change the fallen state of the world.

Also how to blend spirituality with daily life in the workplace and other situations where "silly games" and the dynamic of politics is rampant. How not to compromise on one's values and not become a part of the politics and at the same time be able to climb and succeed through it being simple, humble and honest. No ass-licking.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

Insights:

At some point in the work of inquiry and meditation one gets an insight. What to do with it? Insights also seem to fade, should I try to gain the same one? Are there any trap insights? What to do at the moment of insight? 

Could you make a video about talking with other people about spirituality and personal development? I would like to mention it to some people close around me but its difficult issue.

When it rains, it pours like hell.
-Insomnium

My blog: dragallur.wordpress.com

My biggest challenges: Confusion and Attachment

Would have to be not knowing whether I am attached or not. On one hand the mind is super attached to stuff. On the other I see I am not the mind, but the one observing. Am I attached or not? Im mindfucked. I often get those dreams in which I lose something that I overuse in real life, for example I leave my laptop somewhere and I can't get it back, so it makes me feel super bad for not having it. But that is not really me right? But it's still the feeling of suffering.

Another thing that challenges me is that me, as a human being enjoy my comfort - I don't like being cold, I like warm showers, warm clothes, I like my bed - I don't know what I'm going to do without it. I like having money, so I can buy the things I need. I like all those things, and I don't think I can enjoy life without them. Even though I clearly see I am not the mind and that all I have of mind are thoughts, sensations, perceptions, beliefs, etc, it feels like there is nothing to experience apart from these things - so better make them feel good rather than bad?

This feels like a super big attachment to me that I'm not sure I can let go - I am attached to wanting  good things rather than bad things, because I want a good dream rather than a bad one.... I'm also attached to spirituality, because it is a means of making a good dream.

Edited by Dodoster

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

10 hours ago, username said:

@jse I think Dr. Martin Ball does one-on-one sessions with clients, and he's more experienced than Leo on that particular thing.

He said he's retired, but maybe he'll continue on when he feels ready again.

Having no destination, I'm never lost. - Ikkyu

6 hours ago, Erlend said:

The toughest thing was realising that the people I love, I have been loving from ego point of view. I got over that, talking to Martin Ball, extending that love I feel for those people to everyone(thing) else because it is all, of course, just me anyways <3 

Be careful not falling into this trap because loving everyone because they are you is based on an belief and not on actual experience. (I'm assuming). Then it will be the easiest thing in the world. xD

Having no destination, I'm never lost. - Ikkyu

@Leo Gura

I'm thinking the main objective in this life is to live life to the fullest and to experience Truth. To do this, you got to have a life purpose and go on a Hero's Journey. That could induce Truth.

In summary, this is my take on it.

Edited by Key Elements

@Key Elements If the Truth is what you seek, you don't even need a life purpose. The Truth is ever-present. It's right there. Strictly-speaking it requires nothing.

In practice though, it helps to have a sense of focus and direction, so you're not going in circles.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The development of uncondional love and to be able to maintain and nurture that quality.

The fear of put my family on the street if I let go totaly.

Edited by Vanish

Attachment to blissful feelings discovered during meditation, and watching your video's.
Whenever i feel unpleasant feelings, it is like this internal battle with self, to be able to be able to live in the Now again.
Off-course the battle itself is the problem, and there must be some letting go somewhere. But the letting go itself becomes the battle, the battle of letting go.

I have found no solution to this yet, sometimes there is just letting go, without effort, but i can never remember how i did that.

1- how to be more genuine and real when connecting to others. Since the personal self is a conceptual one, how can any of this be real and genuine? You can say that you need to speak what you feel and think, but how do you know that these come from the "real" you? 

Edited by Juan Cruz Giusto

My YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2PSLrNb

Leo these are problems iam facing

1. Fear about Enlightenment how will it affect me and family. These fear very deep and unconcious.(There are deep fear in me about many thing that iam not even aware about)

2 Before following your teaching i was doing Dasha Maha vidhya (Sadhana of Devi one Ramakrishna parahamsa followed) and here in India there are many type of practises and we seek Astrologers help to find which path suits one and i found out Sadhana of devi was better as My previous birth was related to it and path is already laid. I stopped it after seeing your videos and followed Zen method for last 1 year and had a day of Ego death experience. But still am little confused to which path to follow.

3 when interacting with people and seeing there low concious behaviours i tend to  lecture them.(And most accept it) but  I want to stop this as i see my ego is getting build thinking iam high concious guy 

4 How to increase my meditation time without being neurotic.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Leo Gura What's the meaning of life? Or to put it in another way, why there is something instead of nothing? (Or at least why it seems that way)

I know that various teachers say that there is no meaning of life or that the meaning of life is to entertain brahman etc... For me these kind of answers are only possibilities, I don't know if they are true though. Do you think is possible to really know it, to have a true insight about it?

@Leo Gura

This seems to be a common thread in the comments above - how does one manage through the illusion in most effective way.

Perhaps 'Managing Through the Illusion - Becoming Grounded in the Absolute' would make a great talk.

Thanks! 

Edited by Natasha

What are the things that will happen to you as the ego starts to crumble? What are the traps you can fall into?

Also, how to identify attachments to meditative experiences, high consciousness , etc. And how to let go of them.

Edited by Max_V

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus