carlos flores

Why Are Asian Countries Becoming So Materialistic And Moving Away From Spirituality So Fast?

103 posts in this topic

@carlos flores They kept bad neighbors ;)

America's principle export is materialism. The USA is like a drunk uncle who keeps coming around to lure you into drinking with him. If you don't find a way to block him out, eventually he will convince you to have just one drink. Then just one more. Just one more. Just one more. Just one more...

What's really interesting is that Japan and China were forced to open their boarders for international trade at gun point, by military occupation.

The biggest thing the USA wanted from Japan upon invading was to infect them with materialism. Same thing with the Middle East, which is why many terrorists are pissed off at us. We've committed cultural genocide. Debauchery at gunpoint. Materialism must Trump all! Damn the consequences.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Boarders !

Edited by Loreena

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Leo Gura I saw 2 lawyers during networking here in Hyderabad giving a pitch to startups. They said that they were giving away permanent US green cards to anyone who can invest (1 million dollars) in two hotels in New York (forgot the names). Looks like you could "buy" your way in. Yes, you're right about the "drunk uncle" idea on spreading stage orange capitalism.

Edited by Key Elements

Because it is in our nature to want and own things.

Not everyone. I work with children. I can't stop thinking about them. I see different personalities. If you are different, you get a chance to trigger a (positive) spark in them (as a role model). 

Edited by Key Elements

@Leo Gura But if they were truly spiritual, shouldn't they have been able to see through their bullshit right away? instead I feel like they embraced it. It could be because those countries were in need during those times and had to accept it, but they should have turn around after a while and gotten back to spirituality which is something they didn't do.

On 05/05/2017 at 0:13 AM, carlos flores said:

Why Are Asian Countries Becoming So Materialistic And Moving Away From Spirituality So Fast?

At this time Asia needs to experience the materialistic path (like Western culture has before it), before realizing that it leads to suffering and pain.

That is how the consciousness pendulum appears to swing - there's a need to suffer enough first, before seeking and experiencing relief through an alternative path.

6 hours ago, carlos flores said:

@Leo Gura But if they were truly spiritual, shouldn't they have been able to see through their bullshit right away? instead I feel like they embraced it. It could be because those countries were in need during those times and had to accept it, but they should have turn around after a while and gotten back to spirituality which is something they didn't do.

How you gonna do that at gun point?

And of course stage Blue must pass through stage Orange. So it was inevitable. That's what the terrorists fail to understand. The Middle East has to pass through stage Orange before it can return to true spirituality. Fundamentalist militant Islam is not sustainable in the long run because people need to go from Blue to Orange.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Materialism and environmental destruction is rampant in Asia, but there are still pockets of sanity here and there.

Bhutan with their "Gross National Happiness" metric (instead of GDP) is the exception in Asia.
Nepal would be too, if it hadn't been invaded and decimated by China while the world stood by and did nothing.

Unfortunately, Tibet has fallen into a darkness. Its monasteries have been closed, its seekers of truth have been forced to work in labour camps. The only country in the world which was working - a one-pointed genius, all its intelligence in the search of one's own interior and its treasures has been stopped by the communist invasion of Tibet.

Nowhere has such concentrated effort been made to discover man's being. Every family in Tibet used to give their eldest son to some monastery where he was to meditate and grow closer to awakening. It was a joy to every family that at least one of them was wholeheartedly, twenty-four hours a day, working on the inner being. They were also working but they could not give all their time; they had to create food and clothes and shelter, an in Tibet it is a difficult matter. The climate is not very helpful; to live in Tibet is a tremendous trouble. But still every family used to give their first-born child to the monastery. These monasteries were concerned only with one thing - to make you aware of yourself.

The destruction of Tibet should be known in history, particularly man becomes a little more aware and humanity a little more humane… This is the greatest calamity of the twentieth century that Tibet has fallen into the hands of materialists who don't believe that you have anything inside you. They believe that you are only matter and your consciousness is only a by-product of matter. And all this is simply without any experience of the inner - just logical, rational philosophising.

If humanity were a little more aware, Tibet should be made free because it is the only country which has devoted almost two thousand years to doing nothing but going deeper into meditation. And it can teach the whole world something which is immensely needed.

@jse oh goodness! Trump is the perfect example of someone stuck in the orange stage and never getting out of it! unfortunately some followers are like that too haha!

@Prabhaker it's much worse in many parts of China. There have been also killings of innocent people for their organs and the main targets have been meditators and spiritual people :(

@Prabhaker China - I really wonder what's going on there. Why did they do that to Tibet and keep the Shaolin monks? (hmm..) Could it be because Shaolin monks are much more tactful? Hiding behind the Kung Fu lies hidden enlightenment 'secrets' among top masters. Hiding from the gov. ;) I know of a guru who does not tell the student more stuff about spirituality unless the student is ready. I met monks who appear pretty tight lipped too. I wonder if this is the case.

6 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

it be because Shaolin monks are much more tactful?

China's ancient Shaolin Temple, famous for its Kung Fu monks, is big business these days. 

27 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

China's ancient Shaolin Temple, famous for its Kung Fu monks, is big business these days. 

But, I was wondering if they are being more tactful in doing that. You know that monks have rankings. I'm wondering about the top masters there knowing about enlightenment / spirituality and not telling it to the novice monks or lower ranking monks bacause they are not ready to hear it. Of course, if they are actually hiding it from the novice monks, they are probably hiding it from the gov.

Edited by Key Elements

1 minute ago, Key Elements said:

I'm wondering about the top masters there knowing about enlightenment / spirituality and not telling it to the novice monks or lower ranking monks bacause they are not ready to hear it.

Esoteric knowledge is always kept secret from those who are not ready for it. Even new age spiritual teachers give distant hints about enlightenment to us, so that we don't harm ourselves and others.

32 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Esoteric knowledge is always kept secret from those who are not ready for it. Even new age spiritual teachers give distant hints about enlightenment to us, so that we don't harm ourselves and others.

So, yes, it probably makes Shaolin monks more tactful. Tibet may be doing spirituality and other stuff too openly, and that's why the gov feels threatened and got rid of them.

Edited by Key Elements