ElenaO

Repeating Sore Throat

35 posts in this topic

@pluto I am testing a Paleo diet at the moment, so a lot of those do not fit into the acceptable options. Will note those for the future, however.

28 minutes ago, ElenaO said:

@pluto I am testing a Paleo diet at the moment, so a lot of those do not fit into the acceptable options. Will note those for the future, however.

Sorry you asked for an animal protein replacement and i saw that thought it would help. Hmm.. well Nuts & Seeds have decent amount of protein and lots of healthy fats and loaded with minerals. Avocado, broccoli are two others i can think of at the top of my head. You can also soak, sprout and or activate nuts & seeds for higher nutrient content and bio-availability. Whole organic free range eggs are probably your best option for paleo for non-meat/fish alternative. You could always buy a paleo protein shake/powder as well.

Here are some of the protein contents of those

Hemp seeds = 32g protein per 100g

Pumpkin seeds = 30g protein per 100g

Peanuts = 24g per 100g

Pistachio = 21g per 100g

Almonds = 21g per 100g

Sunflower seeds = 19g per 100g

Flaxeeds 18g, Sesame 17g Chia seeds 16g ect.. 15g walnuts/hazelnuts/cashews and so on

Eggs = 10g per 100g

Obviously eggs you can eat in larger quantities but a handful or two of nuts & seeds a day paired with everything else should get you enough protein requirements by the end of the day :)

Hope this helps

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

22 minutes ago, pluto said:

Sorry you asked for an animal protein replacement and i saw that thought it would help. Hmm.. well Nuts & Seeds have decent amount of protein and lots of healthy fats and loaded with minerals. Avocado, broccoli are two others i can think of at the top of my head. You can also soak, sprout and or activate nuts & seeds for higher nutrient content and bio-availability. Whole organic free range eggs are probably your best option for paleo for non-meat/fish alternative. You could always buy a paleo protein shake/powder as well.

Here are some of the protein contents of those

Hemp seeds = 32g protein per 100g

Pumpkin seeds = 30g protein per 100g

Peanuts = 24g per 100g

Pistachio = 21g per 100g

Almonds = 21g per 100g

Sunflower seeds = 19g per 100g

Flaxeeds 18g, Sesame 17g Chia seeds 16g ect.. 15g walnuts/hazelnuts/cashews and so on

Eggs = 10g per 100g

Obviously eggs you can eat in larger quantities but a handful or two of nuts & seeds a day paired with everything else should get you enough protein requirements by the end of the day :)

Hope this helps

Yes, I also think that eggs are my best option. Thanks for suggestions!

18 hours ago, Michael569 said:

@mudita coconut oil is an oil just like any other, the deep molecular structure is not that different. It is still fat. Any fats when used for cooking become rancid and release free radical that oxidide your cells and can cause cancer in longterm. There is no "good fat" when it comes to cooking in high temperature. 

Dairy contains high levels of IGF(insuline growth factor) growth hormone which is a cause why young calf grows to be 2000 pounds, it has no place in human body. We are primarily herbivores as our digestion track is too long to get rid of the animal food fast enough because they start to decay.  Even if the cows is the most organically fed on earth, the amounts of hormones are high for any human to process. We produce IGF when growing naturally however adding animal amounts is certainly not helping.

Not to mention that animal protein increases the acidity of your organism, robing your bones of calcium to compensate for it hence causing even more sickness along the way. At the same time the very same protein blocks the absorption of the calcium in animal food so it stays in your digestive track, turning kidneys and bones into stones, that's why you see older animal eaters limping and walking funny with their joints lacking flexibility. 

The only thing what i will say is that i don't agree with you and have evidence for it. But with that i am going to end the discussion since it is a never-ending one :).

I think it's best just to try and see what works at least in the short term. 

@ElenaO

Seeds ( highest in flax, hemp, pumpkin, chia - all above 20%, pumpkin nearly 35% same as chicken) Nuts ( mostly between 10-18, best almonds and walnuts, avoid peanuts and cashew), green leafy vegetables ( not so much but than it is easy to consume large quantities) , cruciferous vegetables, sea weeds and algae ( spirulina 66%, chlorela 50-60, other dried sea weeds - you can buy them in many forms) 

Bee Pollen - this is a good alternative provided you are not allergic to pollen,  contains nearly every nutrient needed for human body, powerful natural remedy, 23 amino acids that do not have ti be digested and broken down like meat but are ready to be used. Howeevr not recommended to use more than 30-60 days. 
Look at largest animals on earth, most of them don't eat meat. This is just a cultural brainwash that we need animal products to be strong and to sustain healthy bones and it is rubbish

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@pluto nice one. 

The variability is the key. We should altogether stop concerning ourselves about protein since it is literally everywhere. 

Once you stop eating meat and rice daily, you'll truly discover the miracle of natural foods :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@mudita fair enough :)

Moringa and Spirulina powder are also up there with Bee Pollen i believe. A teaspoon to a tablespoon a day of these will provide so much goodness for your body as they are among the most nutrient dense foods in the world.

I agree with Michael if i didn't mention earlier we need nowhere near as much protein as they recommend. 0.8 - 1 gram per kilogram of body-weight a day is enough anymore is asking for trouble in the long run and that can be obtained just from fruits and vegetables and maybe a handful of nuts and seeds.

Unless you are bodybuilding or trying to bulk and build muscle mass then maybe aim for 1.2 or 1.5g/kg maximum.

The best advice is to keep experimenting, see how you feel, see the results, change up every few weeks and find what works and feels best for you. All the best :)

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@ElenaO Have you tried manuka honey? It's quite expensive but worth every cent!

@Annie I have heard about it, haven't tried yet. Would it solve the issue though? It might sooth the symptoms, sure. 
I wonder if there's some systemic inflammation in my body caused somehow by the food or other things...

@ElenaO  I've only used manuka honey a few times to treat a sore throat and it worked. Whether it solves your issue I don't know but I guess it's worth a try. Have you had blood tests done? Perhaps try keeping a food diary to find out if your problems are related to food.

5 hours ago, Annie said:

@ElenaO  I've only used manuka honey a few times to treat a sore throat and it worked. Whether it solves your issue I don't know but I guess it's worth a try. Have you had blood tests done? Perhaps try keeping a food diary to find out if your problems are related to food.

Thanks! Haven't done any blood tests, not sure what exactly I should aim at. The doctors will probably ask for a reason.

@ElenaO If you are still having trouble with this I would highly recommend you to read The oxygen advantage. The techniques in that book will cure all kinds of health issues, especially ones related to breathing and the areas involved in it. I discovered this book only recently but I can say it's one of most important health books I've read. This book is based on the idea that most of us are chronic over breathers and this creates lots of health issues and so by reducing our breathing volume we can get back to amazing health.

Edited by Not me

Huh. I was going to start a similar thread when I saw this one on the top of the list. How to get rid of strep-throat? 

I was getting tonsilitis about twice a year now for a decade, and it's a nasty illness, it always knocks me out for two weeks at least. It's accompanied by great fatigue (or, in fact, maybe it's also set off by fatigue). And this year, it's been one after another. I've had antibiotics about 5 times.

I had nice resolutions about starting to exercise, but they always got trumped by yet another bout of illness after 2-3 weeks. What's the best strategy to start getting out of an almost chronic illness like this?