Russell Parr

Logic Is Part And Parcel To Enlightenment

210 posts in this topic

On 5/3/2017 at 10:49 AM, Russell Parr said:

Logic is the linguistic representation of cause and effect, which is an absolute principle of reality. The enlightened mind is fully logical and unencumbered by egotism, which causes the logical processes of the mind to stutter due to a clinging to ideas, concepts, people, and things.

Be careful not to decry logic. It is an essential ingredient to enlightenment.

I love your post, and I'm just asking out of curiousity given your stance on thinking / logic and enlightenment....has your practice of meditation expanded to nonthinking?

Thanks

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

21 hours ago, Pinocchio NTO-Dingu said:

The carrot of enlightenment is a hoax designed to either keep you busy or content (if you fail), or destroy you (if you succeed). Either way you'll have been duped. Those who are "inspiring" others to follow them are not just dupes, but duping their followers as well.

You will be an empty husk in the end, if enlightenment is actually in the cards for you. Happy, harmless, soulless. Going through the motions under the universe's control, and zero fucks given either way.

One is not left soulless, nor harmless, and fucks are very much given after enlightenment. 

Anyone claiming that enlightenment is desirable for anyone who isn't fed up with the inescapable parameters of life, is talking out of their ass.

This is all too true, unfortunately. One must suffer for their delusions in order to desire enlightenment.

Especially if they believe it to be about unity and love.

Couldn't agree more.

Some here on this forum may be awake to some degree. Some more so than others. But nobody here is enlightened, and there are no degrees of enlightenment. And probably nobody here really knows what it really is. Those who "know" they are enlightened are the most full of shit of all.

If you don't know what enlightenment is, you can't adequately judge others declarations about it.

the spiritual atheist

18 hours ago, Nahm said:

I love your post, and I'm just asking out of curiousity given your stance on thinking / logic and enlightenment....has your practice of meditation expanded to nonthinking?

Thanks

Hello Nahm,

I do not meditate much. I do like to sit quietly outside sometimes, and enjoy nature. To me, this is enough. Meditation is a means to quiet the ego, in order to clear way for rational thought. I save nonthinking for sleep.

the spiritual atheist

7 hours ago, Russell Parr said:

Meditation is a means to quiet the ego, in order to clear way for rational thought.

What's the need of meditation when logic , understanding is enough to 'clear way for rational thought' and 'quiet your ego' ?

I do not meditate much.

Do you mean you meditate for few minutes ?

Edited by Prabhaker

If you don't know what enlightenment is, you can't adequately judge others declarations about it.

How can we  know what enlightenment is ?

13 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

What's the need of meditation when logic is enough to 'clear way for rational thought' and 'quiet your ego' ?

I've never said that. Logic and meditation serve different purposes. Logic doesn't silent the ego, it ensures congruent thought.

Do you mean you meditate for few minutes ?

No, I mean I basically never meditate, at least not in any traditional sense. The extent of my meditation is chillin out on the back porch and taking walks through nature.

How can we  know what enlightenment is ?

How could we not? I don't believe enlightenment to be out of reach for everyone but Buddha. I do think that most people, even devout buddhists, don't have a clue what enlightenment really is, however.

the spiritual atheist

9 hours ago, Russell Parr said:

How could we not?

How can we know ? Do you think that enlightenment can be communicated through words ? 

Edited by Prabhaker

How can we know ? Do you think that enlightenment can be communicated through words ? 

Absolutely. But only those who have ears will hear it.

the spiritual atheist

Lol seriously how do you communicate silence

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟