electroBeam

How To Make Hot, Badass Pics For Tinder/ Other Dating Sites

29 posts in this topic

What sort of features in pictures of males will make girls' eyes glow when they are viewing them? How do I produce really sharp, good looking pictures for Tinder, and other dating apps, which will attract heaps of women? What sort of lighting makes guys look good? What filters? What type of pose? lol.

Probably because I am straight, I have nearly no taste/sense when it comes to rating how attractive males are. I have no idea what turns girls on. I've tried out tinder recently, and in 3 days have only obtained 0 matches. The average amount of matches per day for a tinder user is 4-5 matches, so I am clearly really behind in terms of picture quality. I just don't know what clothes to wear, what type of style to brush my hair, or anything really in terms of aesthetics(I'm an engineering student, we don't care about looks ;) )

Anyone got a website I could use to see how attractive my photos are?

Thankyou :)

Generally, girls want to see pictures of you out doing things that you enjoy.  They want to see you genuinely having fun.  Now you might think "but i dont go out or do anything interesting?" well... then they probably wont be very interested in you.

I think that content is more important than the quality of your attire and such in the picture.  Perhaps not directly related to the post at hand but, will help with the end goal.  Setup an account and mark yourself female looking for male and go through guys profiles.  As you do, take note of which ones you think are interesting and also take note of common themes you see in people's profiles and DONT say the same things everyone else is.

I would also suggest that you swipe right to all females and then refine your search from there based on the matches that you get.

"It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness"

Presence.  Acceptance.  Purpose.

32 minutes ago, Phocus said:

Generally, girls want to see pictures of you out doing things that you enjoy.  They want to see you genuinely having fun.  Now you might think "but i dont go out or do anything interesting?" well... then they probably wont be very interested in you.

I think that content is more important than the quality of your attire and such in the picture.  Perhaps not directly related to the post at hand but, will help with the end goal.  Setup an account and mark yourself female looking for male and go through guys profiles.  As you do, take note of which ones you think are interesting and also take note of common themes you see in people's profiles and DONT say the same things everyone else is.

I would also suggest that you swipe right to all females and then refine your search from there based on the matches that you get.

I do go out and do stuff, but I go out and do nerdy stuff, like flying radio controlled aeroplanes, live action role place, etc.

Thanks for the input

59 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

I do go out and do stuff, but I go out and do nerdy stuff, like flying radio controlled aeroplanes, live action role place, etc.

Thanks for the input

So... lets say you get a girlfriend from Tinder somehow, what would you go and do with her?  LARP and fly RC airplanes?  Probably not.  You need to show your prospective dates what your life entails that they can look forward to being a part of.  That doesn't mean you need to stop doing those things, but you also are going to need to adapt your lifestyle to include things that a female would be interested in if you want a female in your life.

"It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness"

Presence.  Acceptance.  Purpose.

3 hours ago, Phocus said:

So... lets say you get a girlfriend from Tinder somehow, what would you go and do with her?  LARP and fly RC airplanes?  Probably not.  You need to show your prospective dates what your life entails that they can look forward to being a part of.  That doesn't mean you need to stop doing those things, but you also are going to need to adapt your lifestyle to include things that a female would be interested in if you want a female in your life.

Movies, Bowling, arcade, etc, tennis, stuff you do with normal high school friends. I do these things occasionally but I don't want to start taking pics of myself doing these things like the rest of my friends, posting on snap chat and instagram every 2nd minutes, spending a good half of the day superficially fishing for likes. I find it a little full of yourself and shallow. I'm into personal development, not lets take pictures of our life story and post it on facebook so everyone who doesn't give a crap about our bragging can see it.

Will pics going to the movies really help that much? Surely girls know that just because you don't have a pic going to the movies, doesn't mean you avoid the movies. I will start taking pics if I have to, but it feels very uncomfortable, and goes against my values

Edited by electroBeam
clarify a few things

@electroBeam That point you made about the movies is not what is being said here. Simply put, be authentic and find girls that are a truly good match for you instead of catering to their interest.  The dating model of men being the product and women the buyer's is useful but also flawed. Both sexes perform as both buyer and seller. By presenting your authentic self you immediately disqualify girls who are not legitimately interested in you and who are consequently a waste of your time.  

Most girls out their are simply not going to be compatible with you and will not have interest in you. THIS IS A GOOD THING-- it means you can easily identify which ones you are not going to be truly interested in past a shallow, superficial level. It frees you from delusion.

Pick a picture that represents yourself authentically while not being incompatible with what generally turns off women. Do something that you enjoy but still make the effort to make yourself attractive.

Note that this is paradoxical. You are both the buyer and seller as is the girl. If this paradox does not make sense on an intuitive level, I recommend more study.

4 minutes ago, Saitama said:

@electroBeam That point you made about the movies is not what is being said here. Simply put, be authentic and find girls that are a truly good match for you instead of catering to their interest.  The dating model of men being the product and women the buyer's is useful but also flawed. Both sexes perform as both buyer and seller. By presenting your authentic self you immediately disqualify girls who are not legitimately interested in you and who are consequently a waste of your time.  

Most girls out their are simply not going to be compatible with you and will not have interest in you. THIS IS A GOOD THING-- it means you can easily identify which ones you are not going to be truly interested in past a shallow, superficial level. It frees you from delusion.

Pick a picture that represents yourself authentically while not being incompatible with what generally turns off women. Do something that you enjoy but still make the effort to make yourself attractive.

Note that this is paradoxical. You are both the buyer and seller as is the girl. If this paradox does not make sense on an intuitive level, I recommend more study.

Yes I totally understand, I was making the point that I feel uncomfortable taking pictures excessively of myself doing activites, which seems required according to the Phocus.

But I don't think Phocus agrees with you. He says you need to adapt your lifestyle, I don't think that is being a buyer, but a seller.

Let me reiterate what I was looking for in this thread:

A lot of PUA articles talk about your dating profile as an advertisement for a service, the point of this thread was to simply ask for some cool techniques that you guys have tried to make good advertisements, what colour pallet? does consistency matter(as an analogy)? I'm after all of the technical details, what causes certain female instincts to trigger for example, not so much the far fetched, spiritual or buyer/seller stuff. I am planning to get to that later.

They way I am, me being authentic is a massive turn off(I am a nerd), so I have no choice but to use manipulative tactics.

Thankyou actualized community members for your effort into answering this question

54 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

I don't want to start taking pics of myself doing these things like the rest of my friends, posting on snap chat and instagram every 2nd minutes, spending a good half of the day superficially fishing for likes.

Well, you don't have to take it that far. Thinking you have to take things to this extreme - and therefore refusing to do it - it's similar to refusing to exercise because you don't want to look like one of those huge bodybuilding guys that seem to spend more time in front of a mirror than actually working out. Just getting a couple of good pictures should be enough, so get them (that does require taking more than two pictures, but you can go over them later, before deciding which ones to use) and then stop doing it. Unless all your pictures have gotten a year old and your appearance has changed (lost/gained weight, new haircut, grown/shaved off beard, and so on).

5 minutes ago, thortho said:

Well, you don't have to take it that far. Thinking you have to take things to this extreme - and therefore refusing to do it - it's similar to refusing to exercise because you don't want to look like one of those huge bodybuilding guys that seem to spend more time in front of a mirror than actually working out. Just getting a couple of good pictures should be enough, so get them (that does require taking more than two pictures, but you can go over them later, before deciding which ones to use) and then stop doing it. Unless all your pictures have gotten a year old and your appearance has changed (lost/gained weight, new haircut, grown/shaved off beard, and so on).

Good point thortho

@electroBeam I don't think you do understand then.  As you are a nerd, you should embrace that. If it is a defining feature of your true personality, then you want to feature it so you can reject women that don't like that stuff.  The fact that you say you have to resort to manipulative tactics tells me you don't understand the buyer/seller paradox on an intuitive level.

You are asking good questions by trying to understand what appeals to the feminine psyche, but are doing yourself an injustice by not being able to reconcile it with nerdiness. 

16 hours ago, electroBeam said:

I think it's fucking cool. Don't label yourself as a nerd. You can take a lot of cool pics with these activities. Be authentic and assume high value.  Don't be try hard, matching girls expectations: don't be like that

s320x240.jpeg

It depends what type of company you are looking for. I have tried Tinder twice, once for revenge and fun :D and once for "real". At least for me it is very easy to tell from the picture the energy of the person and what type of consciousness they have. That is why Tinder was quite fun but depressing for me at the same time. :D I used to treat it as a fun game, but when I remembered I am supposed to look for a date, I got quickly depressed. But my point is that your energy will penetrate on the pictures anyway,it does not matter THAT much if you have a nice profile picture or if you  have a puppy or nice car with you. 

The problem with this is actually taking the pciture while doing the activity. You need someone to take it for you.

I would have a lot more success if I had someone take a photo of me while playing tennis, riding my bike, doing yoga, headbanging in a rock show. Instead I'm left with selfies.

13 hours ago, electroBeam said:

They way I am, me being authentic is a massive turn off(I am a nerd), so I have no choice but to use manipulative tactics.

Nerd, I love the term nerd.  Great film "Revenge of the Nerds," they turned out to be the people who really made cool shit happen.    Now, as a sapio-sexual, I require nerdom.  

We are entering the Age of the Nerd.   Technology is where its at now!

Turnoff?  Manipulation.  Think would you want a woman to manipulate you or lure you on false pretenses with a staged  page?   I mean you can choose to do it, but I've not  seen it be successful over the long term.   As a woman I actually avoid the whole selfie thing but online I want men to focus on engagement with me the being, not me the object they create in their head space.   As a poet, people can fall in love with who they think I am, and I am not that person at all.  Its just who've they've constructed in their mind.  

So you post this great profile, you get heaps of girls.  Statistically one will bite if you troll long enough.   Problem is?  Now what do you do with "her", now you've built a foundation upon manipulation?  How many more manipulations will you need  to sustain the first ones?  How long will it be before your entire relationship is found on manipulations you cannot sustain and your authentic you is discovered? 

What do you want in a woman?  You want a fellow nerd do you can be your authentic self and know you're valued for your authentic self?  Do you want a girl that would fall for a manipulation?  I'm not you, I don't know what you want or why.

I'm wondering if you know what you want or why? 

19 hours ago, electroBeam said:

I have no idea what turns girls on

This might be a good place to start. ;)  Leo's got great videos  and a relevant reading list.

19 hours ago, Phocus said:

19 hours ago, electroBeam said:

I'm an engineering student

Perchance the girls in engineering are just as lonely as the "dudes?"

I post about science, nerd and geek stuff.  Your tribe is out there...  be you. 

I've never been on tinder, I can't speak to it.  I tried watching  all of the video on creating profiles?  I couldn't get through it.  I can't fathom the thinking.  Its seems just so much easier and less work to be honest and authentic than craft a persona?  That's me.

The best thoughts a wee  poet can offer at the moment.  It may not be what you wanted...a way to fish the seas...but it might prepare you for a pearl when you find one.   Quality with precision and authenticity.

14 minutes ago, Kelley White said:

Nerd, I love the term nerd.  Great film "Revenge of the Nerds," they turned out to be the people who really made cool shit happen.    Now, as a sapio-sexual, I require nerdom.  

Turnoff?  Manipulation.  Think would you want a woman to manipulate you or lure you on false pretenses with a staged  page?   I mean you can choose to do it, but I've not  seen it be successful over the long term.   As a woman I actually avoid the whole selfie thing but online I want men to focus on engagement with me the being, not me the object they create in their head space.   As a poet, people can fall in love with who they think I am, and I am not that person at all.  Its just who've they've constructed in their mind.  

So you post this great profile, you get heaps of girls.  Statistically one will bite if you troll long enough.   Problem is?  Now what do you do with "her", now you've built a foundation upon manipulation?  How many more manipulations will you need  to sustain the first ones?  How long will it be before your entire relationship is found on manipulations you cannot sustain and your authentic you is discovered? 

What do you want in a woman?  You want a fellow nerd do you can be your authentic self and know you're valued for your authentic self?  Do you want a girl that would fall for a manipulation?  I'm not you, I don't know what you want or why.

This might be a good place to start. ;)  Leo's got great videos  and a relevant reading list.

I've never been on tinder, I can't speak to it.  I tried watching  all of the video on creating profiles?  I couldn't get through it.  I can't fathom the thinking.  Its seems just so much easier and less work to be honest and authentic than craft a persona?  That's me.

The best thoughts a wee  poet can offer at the moment.  It may not be what you wanted...a way to fish the seas...but it might prepare you for a pearl when you find one.   Quality with precision and authenticity.

Somehow I loved this entire post. It spoke "Badass" to me and fed me with energy! Probably because of the short sentences and bold statements.

17 hours ago, Kelley White said:

Very nicely crafted Kelly, would go nicely in a poet's booklet.

I get what you are saying, manipulation is unsustainable and is not enjoyable,

though what if my tribe isn't out there?

There are very little girls in engineering(5-15% statistically talking)

As an engineering student, I have been taught to not leave things to chance, if you think something isn't going to work, change it and make something as effective and best as you can to push up those chances to a satisfactory level, I call this manipulation. Maybe my fetish for it is due to my way of thinking.

It is easier to be authentic, but rewards come from things that are hard, not easy.

It just makes logical sense to me, and I like logic. Its very methodological, how to get girls, apply these steps, that have been backed up by evidence, in this certain way, so processy and logical, just like engineering!! You may not fathom it, but I love it!!

I also love personal development, and treating dating and relationships as a skill is like working on yourself, and that is what I'm into.

after asking a friend for help, he gave me this article: https://blog.bufferapp.com/best-profile-picture-science-research-psychology and this is close to what I am after.

Though I have learnt an important lesson about authenticity, and 'catching' higher conscious/more mature girls from this thread

Hi @electroBeam

2 hours ago, electroBeam said:

Very nicely crafted Kelly, would go nicely in a poet's booklet.

I get what you are saying, manipulation is unsustainable and is not enjoyable,

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and consider my point of view.   I wish I could take credit for crafting it, but I am flow, Like the progressive girl. ;)  I have to laugh...I wouldn't even think to put that in a poetry book. Giggles. 

though what if my tribe isn't out there?

There are very little girls in engineering(5-15% statistically talking)

Sure, I hear you.  Guess what?  There are also women that are that smart out there in multiple other fields and disciplines who still might have the same interests.  For example?  I am a poet.  I study science. I'm not an engineer.   I hang out with many engineers.   I  think what engineers can do is JFM. (Just Fucking Magic) I know a dragon in engineering, no shit.

On 2/14/2016 at 3:30 PM, electroBeam said:

flying radio controlled aeroplanes, live action role place,

That's some fun shit right there for a girl, engineer or not.  That shit right there makes you unlike all the other dudes who do what some of wee poets would call boring shit.

As an engineering student, I have been taught to not leave things to chance, if you think something isn't going to work, change it and make something as effective and best as you can to push up those chances to a satisfactory level, I call this manipulation. Maybe my fetish for it is due to my way of thinking.

I am a pragmatist.  I can relate to this struggle.   The scientific concrete mind that deals with the what is and thinks it has control.  Engineers have to believe in controls to do what they do right?  So yes, there is a positive form of manipulation, I can agree with that.  I can agree we all engage in the conduct its the intent. 

I also love personal development, and treating dating and relationships as a skill is like working on yourself, and that is what I'm into.

I did somewhat assume this since you are here. :)  (I'm glad you are here)  It was a great post.

Your article?  Now, I'm going to just share my own direct experience for what its worth in the face of this proven expert advise and precise break down of statistical data.

The map may not be the territory. 

Personally, and this may be my bias from my own experiences, but as a Realtor? (I was a top producer for over 8 years, I sold many a home.) The most challenging clients I dealt with were engineers. 

They killed more positive deals than any other clients statistically.  

They were the hardest clients to get through a negotiation process.  When it came to pragmatism they ended up with over-analysis paralysis and it drove their partners, women who are emotive creatures and all about the kitchen, bonkers.  Their expectations were often inflexible and unrealistic.   I suspect you want cake; the formula to get the right girl the first time with risk reduction for collateral damage, mainly your heart? Don't we all? :)

My gut reaction when I look at that list?  I think of my exes animation programs and creating the perfect mate down to the detailed perfection of anatomically correct parts.  You Ken? 

If you are stressing yourself out this much over creating a page to attract women, what are you like to cook dinner with?  Are you that guy with mad spreadsheets? :ph34r:  If a girl likes you because you fit all the numbers in pixels what about when the numbers don't align in person? 

You might want to engineer Lucy instead?  You know exactly what and who you are getting, you can control  all the variables the Japanese are just about there.  You can just skip the dating site and engineer the partner dude.  She will always tie the room together and never be upset if your drinking white Russians.   She probably won't steal your rug in a  divorce either.   But now I have my Dudism hat on, the Dude abides.   :D