Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
faith

How To Cope With A Society Adamant With Appearance

8 posts in this topic

Dear Actualized.org Community,

Our society (or at least, the Western society in which I live) is very big on appearances. Attractive people get special attention. Attractive people are also judged. The media makes us think that you must keep trying to be beautiful (and you know the kind of specific beauty I am talking about). As a result, there is a lot of judgment going on. Everyone judges everyone else, and it's a twisted game that has no escape, really. This is why I don't like to go outside, because I know I will be going through this horse shit of comparing, judging, and evaluating appearance of people, and they will be doing the same to me. Spirituality has helped me a lot to strip down these beliefs, but it's still there. And even if I learn to stop judging and rating altogether, anytime I am going outside someone will judge me or compare themselves to me or their level of life happiness. It's such a headache. What can I do about it? Please let me know if you've had similar experience, and any word of kindness or hope will be a ton of help. Thank you.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Fuck what others think. You are as you are and you are beautiful.

Why care what people think ? Unless if it really changes the way they think about you which it doesn't.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

1 hour ago, Loreena said:

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Fuck what others think. You are as you are and you are beautiful.

Why care what people think ? Unless if it really changes the way they think about you which it doesn't.

Easier said than done, mon petit lapin.

12 hours ago, Dingus said:

The reason you're invested in the opinions of other people is because you identify as one of them.

Thank you very much for your input Dingus. I especially find the above statement very interesting. Could you elaborate?

@ashashlov  Society at this point,only by judging is disgusting. Even more on appearances. Appearances have nothing absolutely nothing to do with the quality of a person and/or his level of happiness. Some people are very stupid.That's it. Im judging them,because they're judging how people dress and how the look in general,especially fat shaming. Lool. Trivial people.

@ashashlov I think it is a great opportunity for to spread Truth in your own country. Maybe, if you change 10 people. They will change 100. 100 will change 1000, etc. The more challenging, the more interesting ;)