Erlend

Sensation In Brain When Mind Expands

13 posts in this topic

When my mind expands, I can feel it physically in my head/brain. Whenever I get an insight/become more awake/more aware, my brain feels kinda like how muscles feel when we flex them. As if my brain is flexing and vibrating sternly. The more my mind expands the more I can feel that flexing feeling in there. Like when I had an awakening, my brain was flexing like motherfucker! 

Is this something you guys are experiencing too? 

@Erlend You are the first person I have heard mentioning this. Yes. I feel it constantly. In my face, and it feels like there is a muscle in the middle of my brain and in my frontal lobes. It feels like space, but also similar to muscles. When I watch something that I am interested (related to awakening especially) It feels as though my mind is physically locking on from the back of my brain. It is especially pronounced when I am sitting in class listening to professors with my attention on breathing. I feel like I am meditating pretty much constantly, but in class, it feels like I am in samadhi. I would bet anything that you do some concentration practices. It is crazy and awesome. It is just pure empty space. When you "flex" the muscle by focusing it has the effect of clearing thought. It is a good thing. I am really happy to see that someone else has experienced this. 

Meditation is the mind training itself. You are just along for the ride.

@Gopackgo Man, that's awesome! Your description of it fits how I experience it very well. I do do concentration practises.

When it flexes (either by itself or from me doing it consciously) thought clears, I leave my made up "mind-reality" and become more instilled on what is real (the here-and-now and my immediate surroundings). Its like a frequently recurring refocus on real reality. What is cool is that this happens a lot during the day, so its like I'm working on enlightenment even when I'm not sitting down and doing a specific practise. Thanks for sharing that you too experience it, I'm glad. 

I feel a constant flow of energy/ blood to my brain. The back of my neck/ the sides of my head/ crown and in the middle of my face. It literally feels as if your brain is changing during these moments. It can be a bit too painful at times. 

@Visionary I can also often feel like my brain is physically changing/moving/stirring around (lol)

Just now, Erlend said:

@Visionary I can also often feel like my brain is physically changing/moving/stirring around (lol)

Yeah lol. I thought some user here on this forum studied these phenomena. These energies are known as "chakras" in the spiritual community and now the "crown chakra" is very active. This member spoke of the nervous system being activated (old emotions released etc.). And this processes resulted in your brain changing itself (neuroplasticity).

Concentration practices are really important. This is why. When you can concentrate and move attention around sensations, It is easy to see that thoughts are such a small portion of everything. It is brain unification and a switch out of the left brain heavy thinking required by society. It really is amazing. It feels like constant meditation.

15 hours ago, Erlend said:

When my mind expands, I can feel it physically in my head/brain. Whenever I get an insight/become more awake/more aware, my brain feels kinda like how muscles feel when we flex them. As if my brain is flexing and vibrating sternly. The more my mind expands the more I can feel that flexing feeling in there. Like when I had an awakening, my brain was flexing like motherfucker! 

14 hours ago, Gopackgo said:

@Erlend You are the first person I have heard mentioning this. Yes. I feel it constantly. In my face, and it feels like there is a muscle in the middle of my brain and in my frontal lobes. It feels like space, but also similar to muscles. When I watch something that I am interested (related to awakening especially) It feels as though my mind is physically locking on from the back of my brain. It is especially pronounced when I am sitting in class listening to professors with my attention on breathing. I feel like I am meditating pretty much constantly, but in class, it feels like I am in samadhi. I would bet anything that you do some concentration practices. It is crazy and awesome. It is just pure empty space. When you "flex" the muscle by focusing it has the effect of clearing thought. It is a good thing. I am really happy to see that someone else has experienced this. 

I can flex my braain as well, isn't it normal? I mean I just decide to tighten it up and it tightens from the back of my head. Then again I just opened a thread about my brain pulsating when I put awareness on my inner self, so I guess my brain is weird xD 

Next we'll have to see which brain can bench press more, not just flexing at each other cmon

Edited by Dodoster

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Dodoster Its the only way I can think to explain the sensation. I have never experienced it prior to meditation. It's not like flexing, It is like it locks on to what it is focusing on, and when I relax, I am meditating all the sudden. The opposite is living life in thoughts, with your head up your ass.

On 4/28/2017 at 1:14 AM, Erlend said:

You're not alone.  Subsequently, I am glad to find out that I am not alone in this either xD.  It was always something I felt uncomfortable talking about so I never have.  But when I was practicing meditation I began to notice a tingling of the spine and very strong sensations in my brain.  

That's all I can really say on this subject... because I just don't know.

The vibes are real bro... the (((vibes))) are real

Edited by Reflection