LRyan

Can You Consider That Our Purpose In Coming To This Plane Was To Suffer

27 posts in this topic

I Have been contemplating a lot of things for a while and I came to this thought that maybe we came here from our universal source as divine entities to experience suffering......Think about it, when we leave our physical form, we will return to source energy, spirit, whatever you want to call it.  In THAT place as THAT, there can be no suffering right?  So is it too far fetched that our purpose was to come here to experience suffering as a human being and then the goal of that suffering is to try to realize, while on earth, that we are not the body or the mind?

It seems that every human suffers and some relentlessly.  It has to happen this way I believe.  I think that the more suffering/challenges/obstacles we face as a human being, the more of a challenge we have given ourselves on this earth as a test to our true spirit.  Maybe the game is to see who can overcome them.  Maybe we as spirit decided how challenging our human life would be.  There are people that have somewhat of a smoother life and there are those that suffer extreme amounts.  Maybe the ones that suffer more are challenging their spiritual nature more?  Has anyone ever thought this way?

On a personal note, I am really getting to the belief that we are nothing but pawns in a big chess game that we are just a bunch of actors whose script is written and we just go through the motions.

Yesterday I found out that my son, who is a beautiful person, exceptional human being, he is so kind and gentle and would give his shirt away to anyone is infertile and cannot afford the $30,000. for a one time chance at having a baby with his spouse.  Yesterday I found out that my daughter who has one child that she did not want, is now pregnant with twins.  She has an alcoholic husband and a dysfunctional relationship.  Also, my mother has bladder cancer and I don't believe she will make it.

My heart breaks for everyone's pain in this world.  I am trying to understand and separate myself from my family's pain but I don't know how.  My soul is crying for them.

Examine what you believe to be impossible, and then change your beliefs.

Do not sink or settle for those sour thoughts. You must be authentic to you. Yourself see your reflection in those you love and see that there is no suffering.

Suffering is choice you make in yourself. Feel that suffering and you will live in suffering.

Reflect love, grace, you can change the ❤ radiate this love. Feel this love. Live in the eternal infinite flame.

Its ok. Trust in God. Be God.

@LRyan No. The suffering is there to help you stay alive. Like a Check Engine light in your car. The car's purpose is not to display a Check Engine light. That's backwards.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@LRyan No. The suffering is there to help you stay alive. Like a Check Engine light in your car. The car's purpose is not to display a Check Engine light. That's backwards.

Well IF that is the case then this car is shitty and I want a new one.  Maybe a Bentley.

Seems to be a common theme...come here...... innocent.....suffering happens, probably to everyone.......then the game is on........who will learn how to play the game.......who will win the prize...... the prize is peace.  

Game on.

@LRyan

Maybe there is no purpose at all, no deeper meaning, no point? Just spontaneous evolution?

I think the suffering is like Leo says, there to help you stay alive. Just as physical pain is.
It tries to warn you of something. But ego creates conceptual reality which we feel like is real, take to seriously and suffer unneccesary for it.

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

@SLICKHAWK Thanks for the perspective...I see what you mean about a choice but there is no refuting that there are emotional tolls that happen when family is sick or dies...we are human, and how do you separate the suffering when you have feelings of sorrow or angst?  How do you say "feel nothing" when a loved one is ill and in pain?  You can't just choose to feel great when that happens.  Yes, there are choices sometimes but being human comes with emotions that you can't just turn off...or maybe people can, but maybe just not to wallow in the pain, feel it, don't deny it and then try to move on?  I dunno.

2 hours ago, sgn said:

@LRyan

Maybe there is no purpose at all, no deeper meaning, no point? Just spontaneous evolution?

I think the suffering is like Leo says, there to help you stay alive. Just as physical pain is.
It tries to warn you of something. But ego creates conceptual reality which we feel like is real, take to seriously and suffer unneccesary for it.

This all makes a lot of sense to me.  I think constant reminders of the false self have to be in your mind to snap you out of it because it's a pattern isn't it...

If suffering helps you stay alive then how did enlightened beings live their life?  They were not suffering were they?  I realize you need to experience bad to know what good is or how would we define our experience?  OR maybe there is no good and no bad there are just things but really, we cannot escape our mind or our thoughts or feelings.

I still think that we as the divine/spirit/source knew we would suffer in human form and maybe the challenge we set for ourselves was to experience pain and to overcome it.  Why is that something that could not be in the realm of possibility?  

Not any more or less than it is to pleasure.

@LRyan Check out the book Journey of Souls by Michael Newton (there is a pdf version).

It basically supports your theory that overcoming suffering is a means for spiritual growth.

Edited by Bodhi123

6 hours ago, LRyan said:

Well IF that is the case then this car is shitty and I want a new one.  Maybe a Bentley.

You're just not appreciating how perfect the body/mind is at its job.

The problem is that it's TOO good at self-survival. It's so good you actually believe it is you! Which is ironically why you suffer.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You should believe and be guided by whatever you feel is true to you. There is no factual proof as to what our spiritual purpose is, as well as the reasons why we suffer. So therefore, your theory is correct but also not correct. You are only correct in the fact that you feel strongly about this philosophy and it makes sense to you. Maybe in time, you may decide the opposite. That's also okay... Try to accept you can't change anything anything for your families situation. However, the future is a blank canvas and full of every possibility. X

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The problem is that it's TOO good at self-survival. It's so good you actually believe it is you! Which is ironically why you suffer.

and when you relativly speaking not suffering any more ,  you are englightened? 

i never came to this place. i am this place.

unborn Truth

21 hours ago, LRyan said:

I Have been contemplating a lot of things for a while and I came to this thought that maybe we came here from our universal source as divine entities to experience suffering......Think about it, when we leave our physical form, we will return to source energy, spirit, whatever you want to call it.  In THAT place as THAT, there can be no suffering right?  So is it too far fetched that our purpose was to come here to experience suffering as a human being and then the goal of that suffering is to try to realize, while on earth, that we are not the body or the mind?

It seems that every human suffers and some relentlessly.  It has to happen this way I believe.  I think that the more suffering/challenges/obstacles we face as a human being, the more of a challenge we have given ourselves on this earth as a test to our true spirit.  Maybe the game is to see who can overcome them.  Maybe we as spirit decided how challenging our human life would be.  There are people that have somewhat of a smoother life and there are those that suffer extreme amounts.  Maybe the ones that suffer more are challenging their spiritual nature more?  Has anyone ever thought this way?

On a personal note, I am really getting to the belief that we are nothing but pawns in a big chess game that we are just a bunch of actors whose script is written and we just go through the motions.

Yesterday I found out that my son, who is a beautiful person, exceptional human being, he is so kind and gentle and would give his shirt away to anyone is infertile and cannot afford the $30,000. for a one time chance at having a baby with his spouse.  Yesterday I found out that my daughter who has one child that she did not want, is now pregnant with twins.  She has an alcoholic husband and a dysfunctional relationship.  Also, my mother has bladder cancer and I don't believe she will make it.

My heart breaks for everyone's pain in this world.  I am trying to understand and separate myself from my family's pain but I don't know how.  My soul is crying for them.

I am so sorry to hear the pain you and your family is going through. Allow yourself to feel pain, do not try to suppress it. You are not failing spiritually if you are sad or at pain.

I feel like the reason why any soul would go to any hellish plain like this one , it would be in order to raise it's vibration,  to lift it up towards heaven.

Matt Khan is a very good content creator on this subject. 

The thing is, by being here and accepting even the unacceptable, we are doing a great service to this reality.

Children make people smile, and feel at home, they are raising the vibration effortlessly. This is what, in my view an enlightened being should emanate. But this doesnt mean that the enlightened being should suppress feelings of pain.

It's important not to create unnecessary pain, but burying necessary pain will only hide it for a while, it will orbit around you and come in at a later point. Just go deeply into it and allow yourself to accept the pain.

True alchemy : Turn pain into Gold - something I read from Ekhart.

Edited by Dodoster

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

22 hours ago, LRyan said:

Can You Consider That Our Purpose In Coming To This Plane Was To Suffer

If you don′t escape, if you allow the suffering to be there, if you are ready to face it, if you are not trying somehow to forget it, then you are different. Suffering is there but just around you; it is not in the center, it is on the periphery. It is impossible for suffering to be in the center; it is not in the nature of things. It is always on the periphery and you are the center. So when you allow it to happen, when you don′t escape, you don′t run, you are not in a panic, suddenly you become aware that suffering is there on the periphery, as if happening to someone else, not to you, and you are looking at it. A subtle joy spreads all over your being because you have realized one of the basic truths of life: that you are bliss and not suffering.

I am not saying be a masochist; I am simply saying suffering is there, you need not seek for it. Enough suffering is there already, you need not go in search. Suffering is already there; life by its very nature creates suffering. Illness is there, death is there, the body is there - by their very nature suffering is created. See it, look at it with a very dispassionate eye. Look at it - what it is, what is happening. Don′t escape. Immediately the mind says, "Escape from here, don′t look at it." But if you escape then you cannot be blissful.

Through suffering you become aware of the opposite pole, the blissful inner being. So when I say enjoy, I am saying: Watch. Return to the source, get centered. Then, suddenly, there is no agony; only ecstasy exists. Those who are on the periphery exist in agony. For them, no ecstasy. For those who have come to their center no agony exists. For them, only ecstasy.

Spirituality means not escaping from suffering but living with it: living with it, not escaping! And if you live with it, you will become more and more aware. If you want to escape, then you will have to leave awareness. Then, somehow, you will have to become unconscious.

There are many methods. Alcohol is the easiest, but not the only method and not even the worst. You can go and listen to music and become absorbed in it; then you are using music as alcohol. Then for the time being, your mind is diverted toward music and you have forgotten everything else. Music is working as alcohol for everything else. Or, you can chant a mantra. You can use these things as alcohol, as an intoxicant.

Anything which makes you less aware of your suffering is anti-spiritual. Anything that makes you more aware of your suffering, and which helps you encounter it without escaping, is religious. That is what tapas – austerity – means. tapas means this: not escaping from any suffering, but remaining there and living with it with full awareness. If you do not escape, if you remain there with your suffering, one day suffering will disappear and you will have grown into more awareness.

Suffering disappears in two ways. You become unconscious; then suffering disappears for you. But, really, suffering remains there. It cannot disappear. It remains there! Really, your consciousness has disappeared, so you cannot feel it, you cannot be aware of it. If you become more conscious, in the meantime you will have to suffer more. But accept suffering as a part of growth, as a part of training, as just a discipline, and then one day, when your consciousness has gone beyond your suffering, suffering will disappear not just for you – it will disappear objectively. Use suffering as a stepping-stone; do not escape from it. If you escape from it, you are escaping from your destiny, from the possibility of going beyond knowledge by using suffering as a device.

Suffering is intrinsic and a part of being a human. You can debate and argue which way you want, but suffering will always exist, though there are ways to alleviate it.

The only time when it doesn't exist or is not experienced by the sufferer is when

coffin.gif

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

10 minutes ago, Loreena said:

Suffering is intrinsic and a part of being a human. You can debate and argue which way you want, but suffering will always exist, though there are ways to alleviate it.

The only time when it doesn't exist or is not experienced by the sufferer is when

coffin.gif

The guy in the coffin better be my Ego, or else!

Ps: my ego looks stylish af

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

1 minute ago, Loreena said:

@John Flores What way tell

He won't cuz he evil

40 minutes ago, John Flores said:

@Dodoster You know that's rediculous - I'm the light, it's simply not yet time.

@Loreena I will likely post a video to actualized.org at some point in the future, without my face thigh. The creature that taught me the secret was a demon of which's name I am not able to say for certain, but he's a loyal servant to Enki. 

Good luck ?