heisenburger

Fears Of Absolute Infinity.

9 posts in this topic

When considering the notion that the universe is infinite it can scare the fuck out of me, if the universe is absolute infinity than doesn't that mean it can contain infinitely more suffering than we have now? Does that mean there are situations where you experience infinitely more pain than it is possible for a human to feel currently?

Maybe this is why hell is described as a bottomless pit

26 minutes ago, heisenburger said:

When considering the notion that the universe is infinite it can scare the fuck out of me

Every seeker is in this situation: you don't know what you are seeking, you don't know what the goal is, you don't know where you are going, why you are going. A deep urge is there, that is right: a deep thirst is there, that is right. But you have never tasted that for which this thirst exists. You move, you grope -- when suddenly it happens, you will be troubled.

Jesus said : When he finds he will become agitated, when he become agitated, he will be astounded, and he will reign over the all.

Either we can trust Jesus and other masters, or we can turn our back and escape. It is a great gamble.

33 minutes ago, heisenburger said:

it can contain infinitely more suffering than we have now?

When we grow spiritually, and don't escape from sufferings, we transcend them. Life becomes more and more blissful. So, we can trust enlightened masters that infinity contains blissfulness, not suffering.

The universe doesn't contain any suffering at all.  The suffering you experience is a figment of your imagination.  You created it...it is a mental fiction.

Ever hear the phrase, "don't look or it will hurt more"?  The hurting before you look is pain...that comes from the body's nervous system.  The hurting after you look is suffering...mentally made up fiction beyond actual pain.  As for pain...there is often shock when there is a lot of pain...and we often simply don't feel it.  So the experience of "infinitely more pain" would feel like nothing at all.  The body could not process it.

Your mind is thinking up of "what ifs" that might happen...that is the mind's job, look for danger and contingency plan.  It has it's place when you are trying to get a drink at a river and not be eaten by predators, but you have let it run wild.  What is worse, you are believing the mind and worrying over the crap it is coming up with.  Fear is just another form of suffering...you are making it all up and putting yourself through it.

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

Keep this in mind:

- You don't know what you can handle until you've experienced it. Have you not already experienced gruesome things that you now look back on as doable, whereas you would not think you could handle them before hand?

- Physical pain is not inherently painful, the attachment of the mind with it's suppressed emotions and despair creates the suffering around it (because it stops it's ability for pleasure seeking).

-Moments of grace happen to people in deep pain (showing nature likes to limit the suffering when it goes (too) far)

- All masters whom have suffered some of the greatest agony don't look back at that and think: 'that shouldn't have happened, too much!', no they all say, it was perfect, I learned from it, it wasn't real, in fact they are grateful to have been able to know the human experience at that level.

-

At the moment of realization we will remember the same, that it's all perfect blissful love, don't worry!

Focus on the good, practice, else you are just recreating what you say you don't want. 

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

7 hours ago, heisenburger said:

When considering the notion that the universe is infinite it can scare the fuck out of me, if the universe is absolute infinity than doesn't that mean it can contain infinitely more suffering than we have now? Does that mean there are situations where you experience infinitely more pain than it is possible for a human to feel currently?

Yes, I've been there, some things cannot be erased. There is one who takes in all the pain onto himself, so that the opposite can be in this universe. I used to be that one, existence of continuous pain, unable to escape, until another substitutes your position as the sacrifice. It has to be, or the balance is lost. The good cannot exist without the bad. Poor soul that is doing this job right now, so we can experience this blissful life. That one is the savior and that one doesn't get any credit at all. Simply because nobody knows of him, except him - all part of his hell.

Edited by Dodoster

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

@heisenburger Yes, there is supposedly a hell. And you don't want to go there. Unimaginable suffering is possible. It's good to get glimpses of this though because it's what makes you loving and compassionate.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 hours ago, heisenburger said:

I feel what your saying. I have the same thoughts. 

Real eyes, realize, real lies.

Hmmm.... projecting on to absolute infinity a temporary circumstance.

I choose not to do such things and wouldn't recommend it to anybody.