Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
faith

Summer Goals, Here We Go

1 post in this topic

Dear Actualized.org Community,

For the past couple of years, I have been writing down goals that I would like to accomplish, but being the lazy goon that I am, I never accomplished them. So, upon discovering this journal forum, I am going to take this opportunity to unleash some of my potential. Below are my goals for this Summer. Starting today until the end of August, I will be adding entries when I have either accomplished one of the goals below or made a clear step forward to accomplishing one of them. Wish me luck, courage, and good ol' faith. I hope this will be instrumental to your own self development. I hope I can reach out to someone. Thank you! :D

Summer Goals (not in any particular order):

1. Move out of my parents' house.

• A long time coming. I feel stifled in this house, because I am not my own man. Living under daddy's and mommy's domain is downright unhealthy at this point.

2. Buy a motorcycle.

• Have been thinking about it. Now I am just thinking "What the hell? Why not?" There will be a couple of things that I will have to do such as get a proper driver's licence before I can apply for a motorcycle license. Here in Ontario it's a 3 step process. I am ready. 

3. Buy a bicycle.

• I am going to get myself one of those 500cc bicycles I see some riders riding in the park. I live near a lake with a beautiful view, and a beautiful park. I would like to transition this purchase into a cycling habit.

4. Get a job.

• Recently quit my job because I was feeling stuck, and overall just felt like I outgrew the place. I have a couple of leads. One of which is a tutoring position, and the other is security guarding. Let's see how it turns out :)

5. Excel academically in a Summer class.

• Always hated school. Hate reading when you're forced to learn, especially if it's something boring like memorizing bone names. Where is the rope and chair? But........I have a class that I need to take in the summer. My mission is to kick ass. Develop a study habit, and ace the class. 

6. Apply to the military.

• Canadian military is a great career choice. With my degree, the military would be an exciting opportunity. The tricky part is that the application process is multidimensional, and will take some time to process. However, when you want something bad enough, you just have to jump off the cliff and trust there is a safety net at the bottom. 

7. Read "Gone with the Wind"

• I am ready to dive myself into great classic literature. A 1000 pages of fun. Nuff said!

8. Compose a song, and publish it on Youtube.

• This I have been trying to do since I was breastfed. BUT GOD, the procrastination is real. Time to work hard for your dreams, even if they fail. 

9. Get away.

• I have had plans to go to Australia this year on a work visa. However, with the class that I must take during Summer, I don't reckon this opportunity is there anymore. Maybe I can go somewhere for a short while, somewhere not too far, like Montreal. That will be just fine and dandy. 

10. Hand out flyers for a good cause.

• This has been on my mind for a while. I am trying to get more people interested in my field. I'd like to do some advocacy. This will be a great way to inform the public as well as work on expanding comfort zones, and being more adaptable to public spaces. I don't dread the public, nor do I have agoraphobia, but I certainly see myself as more of a reserved and quiet-natured boy.

11. Vipassana retreat.

• I have an opportunity to do a 10 day retreat where the whole day it's just meditation, meditation, meditation........and it's FREE. I was blown away when I heard. The problem is I am on a waitlist, or I can sign up sometime later during the Summer. If I do get a chance to go, I will post a detailed response of the experience. 

12. I may add a couple of more things.

• This is a pretty big list but I am keen on accomplishing it. If things are going smoothly enough, I may add a couple more goals which right now are in hyperspace of my mind so to speak. 

I am excited to share this with you. I hope you will read it, and help me get the courage and motivation to get off my ass and live my life. 

Thank you my dear friends. All the best! :D

Edited by ashashlov