Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eskwire

Love After Increased Consciousness

33 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Toby said:

This is normal. A lot of people have similar experiences. (Adya also talks about certain traps - the state you describe is one of them - in his "End of Your World" audiobook).

@Martin123 If you can rest in your being without formal meditation that's fine too I guess.

Thank you. I will look into it. Do you remember anything about this trap you could share now?

nothing is anything

There is different types of awakeningq, it is very well explained in one of Adyashanti video (not the one that was linked here).

Basically there is 3:

- Mind expansion: When you just become extremely spacious and you don't give a shit about everything anymore.

- Love expansion: When you see everything as you and you love unconditionally.

- Don't remembe the last ^^

So, it is normal, especially if it was a temporary awakening, because if you're still in the egotic paradigm, it is almost always like you described :)

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

22 hours ago, My_Name_Is_Mud said:

What about Loreena? Has anyone considered how she feels about all this? Or her rabbit?

No.

nothing is anything

Just now, My_Name_Is_Mud said:

Well in that case I believe the situation needs to be remedied.

Nope.

nothing is anything

12 hours ago, eskwire said:

I did not feel love during my enlightenment experiences. 

When you meditation does not brings blissfulness and love, it is not true meditation.

It is easy to meditate if you don’t want to be blissful — it is very easy to meditate. If you want just to be blissful and you don’t want to be in meditation, that too is easy. The rarest combination is meditation plus bliss. Meditation minus bliss is easy; bliss minus meditation is easy. But meditation minus bliss is not true meditation and bliss minus meditation is not true bliss either. They are true only when they are together.

Many people have tried to meditate without bliss because it is simple, less complex. You have to take only one work upon yourself: that you have to still your mind. And you can force your mind to be stilled, but you will become sad, you will have a long face.

You can meditate, force yourself to be silent, but you will the real thing. And you can also try to be blissful; that means you can pretend, you can practice, you can rehearse bliss. You can always try to be blissful, smiling, at least looking happy. Slowly slowly, it becomes so practiced. You can practice it. You can practice blissfulness too, but a practiced blissfulness is false. Anything practiced is false, remember it — never forget it. Things have to be spontaneous and natural, not practiced, not cultivated. Cultivated blissfulness is only a mask. You are smiling, but the smile is not in the heart. You are showing joy, but you are not joyous. 

Bliss PLUS meditation. It is difficult of course, arduous, to manage both. Why? — because they seem to be polar opposites. Meditation means silence and bliss means dance. Meditation means stillness and bliss means a song. Meditation means escaping from the world and bliss means sharing with the world. Meditation you can do in a Himalayan cave, but to be blissful you will have to come back to the world.

Bliss needs to be shared; it exists only in sharing. It can’t exist when you are alone, it disappears. It is a communion. Meditation can exist in aloneness and bliss can exist in togetherness. But when both exist then you have to learn a totally new way of life.

Edited by Prabhaker

3 minutes ago, My_Name_Is_Mud said:

Bliss indicates increased "happy" chemicals in the brain

Bliss is not happiness, happiness has excitement in it, bliss is serene, cool , calm. Bliss is ecstasy without excitement. 

Edited by Prabhaker
added one sentence

2 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

When you meditation does not brings blissfulness and love it is not true meditation.

It is easy to meditate if you don’t want to be blissful — it is very easy to meditate. If you want just to be blissful and you don’t want to be in meditation, that too is easy. The rarest combination is meditation plus bliss. Meditation minus bliss is easy; bliss minus meditation is easy. But meditation minus bliss is not true meditation and bliss minus meditation is not true bliss either. They are true only when they are together.

Many people have tried to meditate without bliss because it is simple, less complex. You have to take only one work upon yourself: that you have to still your mind. And you can force your mind to be stilled, but you will become sad, you will have a long face.

You can meditate, force yourself to be silent, but you will the real thing. And you can also try to be blissful; that means you can pretend, you can practice, you can rehearse bliss. You can always try to be blissful, smiling, at least looking happy. Slowly slowly, it becomes so practiced. You can practice it. You can practice blissfulness too, but a practiced blissfulness is false. Anything practiced is false, remember it — never forget it. Things have to be spontaneous and natural, not practiced, not cultivated. Cultivated blissfulness is only a mask. You are smiling, but the smile is not in the heart. You are showing joy, but you are not joyous. 

Bliss PLUS meditation. It is difficult of course, arduous, to manage both. Why? — because they seem to be polar opposites. Meditation means
silence and bliss means dance. Meditation means stillness and bliss means a song. Meditation means escaping from the world and bliss means
sharing with the world. Meditation you can do in a Himalayan cave, but to be blissful you will have to come back to the world.

Bliss needs to be shared; it exists only in sharing. It can’t exist when you are alone, it disappears. It is a communion. Meditation can exist in aloneness and bliss can exist in togetherness. But when both exist then you have to learn a totally new way of life.

Meditation is sitting in what's true. If what's true at the time is not a feeling of bliss, it doesn't make it a false meditation. I felt wonderful during my enlightenment experiences, but was it love? Maybe we need to talk differently about what love is.

If it's a deep regard for humanity, I've always had that and that hasn't disappeared. There just isn't an emotion I would think to label "love" along with it. 

Maybe it's just the preconceived notions about what love is confusing the situation. 

nothing is anything

2 minutes ago, eskwire said:

it doesn't make it a false meditation

You can force your mind to be still by practice. You can start living in isolation, do minimal physical activity, when there is nothing to agitate your mind, naturally you will feel silence, you will experience a difference. This meditation can be disturbed easily.

1 minute ago, My_Name_Is_Mud said:

Bliss is actually a synonym for happiness.

When mystics talk about bliss, they are not referring towards happiness. In Indian languages we have different words for bliss and happiness. 

7 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

You can force your mind to be still by practice. You can start living in isolation, do minimal physical activity, when there is nothing to agitate your mind, naturally you will feel silence, you will experience a difference. This meditation can be disturbed easily.

Ah ok. I understand. Like...you can meditate but can you meditate "with your eyes open."

I feel different after my enlightenment experiences, like I can meditate with my eyes open, but the love thing isn't there. It seems like I am just expecting something to feel a certain way. Maybe because I deeply got SO INTO people beforehand. People meant everything to me. I would go crazy helping them, accepting them, thinking about them, making everyone a priority before myself, eliminating healthy boundaries for them. I was an enthusiastic doormat.

nothing is anything

3 minutes ago, eskwire said:

I can meditate with my eyes open, but the love thing isn't there.

Love happens, when your meditation is not an activity. When meditation is not a separate process. when meditation is simply the name for life lived with awareness. 

An individual is awakened the day when he begins to live meditatively. So understand well that meditation is not just one of life’s innumerable activities. It is not just one link in the chain of man’s endless doings. If you are living twenty-three hours a day without awareness, and only one hour with awareness, then you will never attain it. It is very arduous to attain. 

On 4/26/2017 at 11:42 PM, Toby said:

This is normal. A lot of people have similar experiences. (Adya also talks about certain traps - the state you describe is one of them - in his "End of Your World" audiobook).

@Martin123 If you can rest in your being without formal meditation that's fine too I guess.

To anyone else left confused after enlightenment experiences, this End of Your World audiobook is (after 1 chapter) already very helpful and appropriate. Highly recommended!

You can do a free month on Audible and get it there. 

Thank you @Toby

nothing is anything