wavydude

How To Get Back To Normal

7 posts in this topic

About a year ago I met this girl that was what I called  "naturally enlightned", self aware and high conscious etc. I went through a heartbreak and that made me realize how much presonal development I got to do and pointed me towards  Leo's videos and all of that. I got into this stuff and had some deep realizations, went through something that's refered as "dark night of the soul" also I experience depersonalization. I realized that my major and path that I'm currently pursuing is not my life pourpose and I wont be able to actualize fully if I continue down this way. I also became much more aware of peope's emotions/motivations behind certain actions and how society works in general, this made relating to people close to me very hard. I feel like they don't see the bigger picture I'm seeing and this makes me feel really loenly. I alos experience terrible mood swing, drastic change of mood from morning to evening. Deep down I realize that there is a huge ponential for growth here but I feel so confused and uncertain that I don't take any action and don't even know what I got to do. I also feel like big part of my motivation behind this is negative becous it's coming from fear of not knowing what to do with my life and social pressure and I don't know how to deal with it.

Often I just feel like I want to forget all of this stuff and go back to my previous life when i felt quite happy.

How do I become grounded agian and stop feeling uncomplete and anxious.

It's so hard to do anything becouse everything feels meaningless, how do I get myself to feel passionate and motivated agian and get better grasp of reality.

If anyone got some advice that might help me I would really appreciate it.

@wavydude If you want to solve your issues you must take action, follow my advice strickly, doing everything that I said. Here are my advice:

- Talk to someone that you trust. Open up, don't be afraid of judgments. Tell EVERYTHING that's in your mind.

- Seek a good qualified therapist (psychologist). Depending on how this issues are impacting your life he will send you to psychatrist to prescribe you some medication anti-anxiety. That's completely normal and can help a lot. 

- Meditate at least 45 minutes every day in samatha-vipassana style. (You can learn it from a book called "The Mind Illuminated" by Culadasa.) It's basically focus on your breath while simultaneously  being mindful of what are happening in your experience. Read the book for more info.

If you follow these advice you will solve your issues.

Thanks for the resoponse. I like your advice but I'm not so sure about the therapist, isint taking anit-anxiety meds like trying to neglect the issue instead of dealing with it ?

I realized that my major and path that I'm currently pursuing is not my life pourpose and I wont be able to actualize fully if I continue down this way.

Tell us more about that.

I feel like they don't see the bigger picture I'm seeing and this makes me feel really loenly.

This is only hard untill you accept others as they are, and not what you think they should be.

It's so hard to do anything becouse everything feels meaningless, how do I get myself to feel passionate and motivated agian and get better grasp of reality.

You have to accept and watch all the suffering that wants to comes out of you.

The difficulty lies in the fact that you might identify with this pain, but even then, it's still better to know what makes you feel bad that letting it be totally inconscious.

If you can look at your pain, face to face, it will vanish at some point, it may even vanish extremely fast if you know why and how stupid this reason is to be sad (with enough awareness it is possible).

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 28.04.2017 at 8:33 PM, Shin said:

Tell us more about that.

In highshool I was good at math and  logic oriented, I went on to study mechanical engineering I had narrow undestanding of life and tought it's a decent choice becouse of good income etc. And for the first 2 years it was good and probably happiest period of my life, I was very motivated and although I was doing alot life felt effortless.  At the end of my second year thing that I described in first post happend and I started to realize that this is not my life pourpose and I won't reach my highest potential going this way. I alos became much more intuitive and got this need of expressing myself, doing something creative.  I became super unmotivated and going to university started to be painful and depressing. I never was very intrested in this stuff but before I had this sence of progressing in life and it gave me so much energy and kept me going. Now I feel like continuing my study is pointless and brings no growth. I got some ideas what to do but I haven't taken any action on them becouse I still feel very confused, over the past year it's been massive ammount of emotional labour and radical change of outlook on life. While I had all this realizations and insights my external world didn't manage to catch up or I'd rather say I didn't make necessary changes. Now it's significantly better that it was at my lowest momments few months ago but I still feel ungrounded and uncertain what to do. I know that I need to change like 80% of my current lifestyle but I don't know where to start and feel stuck in my old ways.

Find your life purpose, until then, don't drop college and work hard to get the degree.

If your 100% sure of what you're purpose is, and if you're sure it's not your ego trying to manipulate you, that it comes from your intuition/inner wisdom, then you can drop college.

Do some retreat and some hardcore meditation week end on your own, that will help a lot.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@wavydude

None of those things appeared because of inner work. They just SURFACED because of it. They were already in there, buried and eating away at your body. Be grateful you have the opportunity to take such a clear look at what was lurking inside. There's tons of advice on this forum about how to deal with such feelings. 

What I would advise you to do, is to look at what stops you from feeling ungrounded and incomplete. You are going to find layers of concepts and ideas thrust upon you for years (and for generations) that make you feel separate and unwell. Look carefully at what it is that you FEEL. 

FEEL = bodily sensations - the five senses. The rest, is thought Santa Clause !!

;)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com