Progress

Manipulation, A Social Heaven Or Hell?

2 posts in this topic

Manipulation has been a curious thought of mine in the world of social politics. But before we discuss its impact and stigma. A burning queston of mine has always been; What is it? Are all actions manipulations? Perhaps decietful action? But not all manipulations have been decietful, at least surface wise. Perhaps more certainly, It does have a sly tone to it, a devious one, self centered even although not all manipulations are self centered. It does seem to have an overall goal hidden beneath the surface. So my best pinpoint would be [Manipulation= Actions taken to complete an overall goal hidden from people the action targets, usually of a decietful and self centered tone.]

So then should manipulation be considered unnessecary and chaotic? It would be foolish to say we shouldn't be self centered since even the most "selfless" people live 90% their lives for what? Themselves. Sometimes manipulation is needed to facilitate larger overall goals with very genuine natures. Slightly Exagerated numbers, Change of attitudes, presentation, motive presentation, and association just to name a few. These manipulations aren't in their own right moralistic but if they were to significantly accelerate say the cure of cancer, Wouldn't it of been worth it? So perhaps manipulations with a solid purpose is relatively good. 

If you look at manipulations at a relationship paradigm. It is at the surface the greatest nuisance(At the core, Motives would be the greatest nuisance itself) to amazing, prosperous, fullfilling and yes even opportunistic relationships(The irony!!). Manipulations are sometimes defence mechanism against "unworthy" visitors to the true self. This firewall when used properly is great against...other machinations but other then that serves no purpose but suffering in regards to relationships. 

Manipulations also scare away people for good reason. Who would consciously be around a sly fox waiting to stab you at any sign of personal gain? But not only do they scare away people but opportunities. All the authentic people, activities and enviroment will stray away from, no scratch that, you will stray away from it. This means that since you are distancing yourself from authenticity and towards ego motivated actions, You won't actually discover your authentic motivations. You are too busy hiding yourself out of fear and not opening up to the world. So what happens next? The cycle continues because without authentic motivation, What other motivation is there to continue your literal life cycle?

All those deep conversations about life, your passions, opportunities, relationships and yes even your motivations go out the window. Afterall the firewall deems it a threat doesn't it? You will reap the energy you sow, More machinations. I'm not saying you can't defect them but that will be the enviroment. You may be the King of it all, but what does it matter if you're the King of Hell?

I wrote this post without realizing much about where the conclusion would lead but I think I have found the answer. Self centered manipulation will reap hell. Passion driven manipulation on the surface would be considered self centered manipulation but make no mistake, It is much different. Passion driven means you are being driven by something much greater then yourself, Something revolutionary and the ego just a vessel for it. 

(Photo: Live Chess/Not taken by me)

Sourced- https://www.facebook.com/groups/RealSociology/permalink/212794812544878/

psychological-manipulation-techniques.jpg

All manipulation has a common goal, to avoid what is feared and to gain what is assumed to be lacking.

Only the ego lacks reality and fears this truth. That is why it seeks validation 24/7 through manipulation, and any other for of deception, to gain self-esteem (ego-energy), pride, self-worth, kudos, etc.