Chrissy j

High Consciousness Vs. Low Consciousness?

27 posts in this topic

What does it really mean to have high consciousness? What does it really mean to have low consciousness? From what I gather it seems to be consciousness of Truth. That will permeate your whole being. But how about in the sense of just personal development? Leo has stated that all personal development ultimately breaks down to this. What really makes your consciousness high or low?  Why are video games low consciousness? Is it because you aren't as aware and mindful while you play? Or is it because of the subject matter like violence in Call of Duty? I have life purpose ideas of art. Maybe animated movies or comics or games. But I would want it to be about meaningful things like maybe Truth or some other amazing value. I would want it to be amazing and have amazing things in it. To have amazing meaningful impact.  Does the fact that you aren't as aware during these activites like games or movies make it low conscious or does it make you low conscious? Does it put you in a low conscious state? How about if there was fighting or violence in my art? Would that make it low consciousness art? Thanks!

@MochaSlap Its actually very simple, your perception, beliefs, all of the conceptual activities that occur in what we call the mind,  not only influence your perception of reality but also create it! What most humans don't see is that we are mechanical creatures that run on the principle of survival, and this influences how we experience and perceive. Because we only perceive "from" what runs us rather than what runs us, this creates a breading ground for illusion. Consciousness work is about getting deep into what is actually true. A central part/aspect of this work is what can be called enlightenment, where one discoveres the true nature of being. The true nature of you and everything else. From this it has the effect of openess & not knowing providing the possibility of a investigation into anything from what is emotion, existence, other, self, ect through what can be called "direct consciousness" which is a real possibility that most of humanity are not aware of. That's the gist of this work.

@Dingus I think mostly with the ideas of life purpose and enlightenment. I'm taking the LP course right now. Also a lot of his more advanced videos. I'm also drawing a lot from his 30 ways society fucks you in the ass video. How could I help raise consciousness through something like story?

Edited by MochaSlap

ego = wanting things to be different than they are. wanting something else or not wanting what is.

material ego = I want a better car

spiritual ego = I want higher consciousness

there's nothing wrong with video games... the key is understanding why you are playing video games.

most people play videogames to escape their real desires and purposes because they are afraid which is normal. 

The real truth is that some aren't even aware that their actual real purposeful desires are being unconsciously pushed under the rug because the person does not believe that their real desires can be achieved, to know their real desire would be torture to them,so their higher self protects them with ''blinds''. 
so it appears the only desire left is video games, but that's just the substitute.

the key to figuring this loop-hole out is counting your passions and desires. 
if your only passion video games, then it's mostly a substitute for fear. 
if you have many passions, many ways that you're evolving and growing, and video games is one of then, then it's just a desire of yours. 
A healthy individual grows in many directions, like a sound wave, in all directions. 

fear causes one to run from  certain things and to go in a specific controlled ''safe'' direction

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

59 minutes ago, Toby said:

ego = wanting things to be different than they are. wanting something else or not wanting what is.

material ego = I want a better car

spiritual ego = I want higher consciousness

What Toby said.

If you want higher consciousness, then you are still identified with the character and happenings in the movie and not with the screen of consciousness, which is a constant and unchanging, is within and without everything, is everywhere at the same time yet it cannot be perceived by the 5 senses.

Edited by Dodoster

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

The way I see it, it's not really high VS low, but rather a gradient of everything in between. To think that consciousness is either high or low is basically in itself a low consciousness style of thinking, because the unconsciousness part of the mind only thinks in black and white.

For example, in the 30 Ways Society Fucks You in the Ass video mentioned video games, so I'll just use games as an example. When you play games you kinda have to realize why you're playing those games. To someone who's unconscious they don't ever ask themselves this question; they just pick up the controllers and play. But if you say something like "I gotta beat the other team and get a higher score", OK, that's bit higher in the consciousness scale. But then you gotta ask yourself "why do I have win", then you see, your consciousness goes one step higher. So you might answer "I feel better when I win", so you ask "why do I have to feel better about myself", and so on and so forth. Note that throughout these questions, you never question yourself that video games are "wrong" or "bad", and then you realize that in fact you can have high levels of consciousness even when you do play video games. Why? Because there's no value in terms of consciousness in the games, whether it's violent or not, and that's precisely why Leo said that to have high consciousness you don't have to abstain from those activities which he call it "chimpery".

@MochaSlap This is how I define high and low conciousness

High consciousness = Being aware of your senses and thoughts moment by moment by moment...

Low consciousness = not being aware of them and identifying with thought. Being in dreamland.

Everything can be used to flee from the current moment.  To be used to push away "bad" feelings or to hang onto "good" feelings. Some even use spirituality to do this.

So it's not a matter of somethings being low or high consciousness. It is how you use it. Is it to push away feelings? Is it because you are addicted to it? Can you still be aware while doing it? So be truthful to yourself and don't put any value on the things you do, but HOW you do them.

Video games are one of the greatest human arts form. The characters in the game are constantly moving, just like in animation. But at the same time, person can decide for himself and that is the magic in that. Also the proccess of creating video games really requires high capability. The programming side of creating video game is one of the hardest in all programming field. So then I am playing I am also aware of programming and logic behind developing videos games. And as I contemplated a lot about it, I clearly see that video games are one of the greatest human inventions, which require artistic, but also logical skills. And it does not harm your body, like any processed foods or drugs, for example. Of course the reason behing playing is crucial :) But to me it is sad that many people don't realize how amazing are video games and even claim foolish ideas... Still I am happy, that video games industry hit 106,8 billion dollars mark this year and the growth is steadily increasing. As far as I am concerned, people will acknowledge video games even more, when machine learning and AI replace doctors, lawyers or others not creative disciplines.

Edited by vikisss1

@Dingus Definitely the chimp mind things like jealousy and vanity. AND how all of society is pretty much using all of these constantly making the so called amusement park for the ego.

Leo presents the information as he needs to. He knows his audience: selves. You dont tell a self: "hey, seek enlightenment so you can eventually not exist." He's sneaky like that, but I mean.... here we all are.

Meditation is the mind training itself. You are just along for the ride.

How about say on video games...when you play you aren't as present or aware. You get kind of sucked into the game. Is that lowering consciousness or is low consciousness? 

5 hours ago, MochaSlap said:

How about say on video games...when you play you aren't as present or aware. You get kind of sucked into the game. Is that lowering consciousness or is low consciousness? 

That's typical low consciousness. Note that the game itself doesn't cause a lowering of the consciousness, because you're already in a state of low consciousness even before you started playing the game. That's why starving yourself doesn't make you lose weight; that's why abstaining from video games doesn't help with the addiction. People look for the root of the problem outside of themselves instead of within, and that's pretty much all there is to it in a nutshell.

6 hours ago, MochaSlap said:

That sounds more like a flow state. Are you hyper aware of what happens in the game? Does it feel like only the experience exist without a you there? Is it a feeling of timelessness, no effort being made?

14 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

That sounds more like a flow state. Are you hyper aware of what happens in the game? Does it feel like only the experience exist without a you there? Is it a feeling of timelessness, no effort being made?

Ofcourse no effort is made, that's the entire reason people always look for distractions.

It is externalised awareness however, the sense of goodness of being is not being experienced if one is totally sucked in the doing. 

I myself enjoy watching movies or playing games, but sometimes I notice how I totally forget I am even alive.

The goodness of being gone, because mind becomes completely externalised and absorbed by the stimulus and doing.

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

On 25/04/2017 at 9:39 PM, MochaSlap said:

What does it really mean to have high consciousness?

in a very practical way, it means becoming free of the optional suffering entailed by your own sins.

it means finding true happiness, peace of mind, contentment.

unborn Truth

1 hour ago, Dodoster said:

Ofcourse no effort is made, that's the entire reason people always look for distractions.

It is externalised awareness however, the sense of goodness of being is not being experienced if one is totally sucked in the doing. 

I myself enjoy watching movies or playing games, but sometimes I notice how I totally forget I am even alive.

The goodness of being gone, because mind becomes completely externalised and absorbed by the stimulus and doing.

What if your whole life was like that? Completely absorbed by the moment. That this moment was all that existed. No you to ever wake up from it.

6 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

What if your whole life was like that? Completely absorbed by the moment. That this moment was all that existed. No you to ever wake up from it.

Forever to be watching a movie? I think I have the best seat in the house already, from which I'm also a part of the movie and watching it.

I can't say that any one of us can actually say that we're at high consciousness. There's no high VS low, only higher VS lower. By saying there is a high and low you basically fall into the trap of black and white thinking. Plus, if there really exists a high and that would be the maximum point you can reach, which is obviously wrong when you know that self-actualization has no end to it. You can only say that a gamer is at a lower consciousness when you compare him/her with another gamer who's aware of what they're doing. I'm not saying that you're supposed to compare yourself with anyone else to measure your level of consciousness every time you're playing a video game; I just wanted to point out that all levels of consciousness are relative to each other, and there's not a universal point of reference to calibrate everything against, because the human psyche is complex beyond our comprehension.

1 hour ago, Dodoster said:

Forever to be watching a movie? I think I have the best seat in the house already, from which I'm also a part of the movie and watching it.

That's not what I meant.