rakuul

Wow, What Do You Think About This Guy's Response To Leo?!

49 posts in this topic

I really just think he's trying to get views off of doing a response video to Leo and being generally abrasive. Having a YouTube channel myself, I know it can be a difficult thing to get your first subs. So, I see it as him taking the easy route. I noticed he doesn't have his subscriber count shown. It probably means that his sub count is low and he wants to seem more influential than he actually is. He also stated a few falsehoods just in the first minute that I watched. Leo didn't take down a video because he disagreed with him in the comments. The logo has nothing to do with the "man boy love association" or whatever the hell. And there were a couple other things too. The best thing you can do if you see a video like this where the person is just trashing on another channel just to get subs is to not give them the watch time. Watch time and audience retention rates are the biggest factors for getting more views and subs on YT. So, if they see a lot of people dropping out before the two minute mark of the video, it will inform the YT algorithm that the video is either irrelevant or not interesting. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

There were some pretty funny roasts in there. I did actually try to look past the humor and see if he had any good points, and while I didn't agree with everything he said, here are a few that stood out to me as worth considering:

Leo does talk with a lot of certainty and authority. While he might verbally say to not blindly follow authority figures and to question everything etc, his entire vibe says otherwise. Humans are not logical creatures and the verbals mean nothing if the entire vibe he gives is "I'm right and you're wrong".

Leo does talk down on us a lot. There's a general sense of "I know what's best for you, so listen to me or your life is going to suck". He often calls us too stupid or unconscious to get what he says. Basically, making us feel inadequate and in doubt of ourselves unless we buy into his content. I doubt he does this intentionally or consciously, but he does it nonetheless.

There's a lot of talking down on the "99.9% of people" who are so unconscious that they could never understand what he's saying. This makes us feel superior when we buy into what Leo is saying and take it on as truth, because then we get to feel like we're not part of the unconscious 99.9%. We get to feel special and above everyone else. This means anyone with low self-esteem will get very sucked into Leo's channel because it allows them to feel better about themselves.

I believe I've been affected by the above things. This may not be a problem with Leo's videos at all but rather a problem within my own inner psychology. I don't know. I sometimes find that I get anxious when I think about how I'm so unconscious and stuck in the matrix and how I don't want to get to my deathbed and realize that I lived my life unconsciously. I feel a lot of pressure to do everything Leo recommends otherwise I won't have made the most of my life. I feel that if I abandoned Leo's videos, I would "go back to sleep" or something so I feel locked into watching his content and practicing what he teaches. I also don't have the highest self-esteem so I do kind of cling to Leo's stuff as a way of feeling better about myself, because I get to feel like I'm more conscious or more intelligent than most people. I feel good about myself when I'm doing things that are "high-consciousness" and I feel terribly guilty when I'm doing things that are "low-consciousness".

Maybe this is all just my own internal issues causing me to project outwards onto Leo. Clearly there are people who have greatly benefited from Leo's channel and who haven't experienced what I've described above. So I wonder how legit these criticisms are. I know that there is great information and insights within Leo's videos, but it's hard for me to take the good without getting sucked into all the things listed above.

To be honest i loved that guy he made me realize my low concious behaviours in past was not that bad, And We evolved from Apes. 

Darwins 1-0 Creationist

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

3 hours ago, Paradigm said:

There were some pretty funny roasts in there. I did actually try to look past the humor and see if he had any good points, and while I didn't agree with everything he said, here are a few that stood out to me as worth considering:

Leo does talk with a lot of certainty and authority. While he might verbally say to not blindly follow authority figures and to question everything etc, his entire vibe says otherwise. Humans are not logical creatures and the verbals mean nothing if the entire vibe he gives is "I'm right and you're wrong".

Leo does talk down on us a lot. There's a general sense of "I know what's best for you, so listen to me or your life is going to suck". He often calls us too stupid or unconscious to get what he says. Basically, making us feel inadequate and in doubt of ourselves unless we buy into his content. I doubt he does this intentionally or consciously, but he does it nonetheless.

There's a lot of talking down on the "99.9% of people" who are so unconscious that they could never understand what he's saying. This makes us feel superior when we buy into what Leo is saying and take it on as truth, because then we get to feel like we're not part of the unconscious 99.9%. We get to feel special and above everyone else. This means anyone with low self-esteem will get very sucked into Leo's channel because it allows them to feel better about themselves.

I believe I've been affected by the above things. This may not be a problem with Leo's videos at all but rather a problem within my own inner psychology. I don't know. I sometimes find that I get anxious when I think about how I'm so unconscious and stuck in the matrix and how I don't want to get to my deathbed and realize that I lived my life unconsciously. I feel a lot of pressure to do everything Leo recommends otherwise I won't have made the most of my life. I feel that if I abandoned Leo's videos, I would "go back to sleep" or something so I feel locked into watching his content and practicing what he teaches. I also don't have the highest self-esteem so I do kind of cling to Leo's stuff as a way of feeling better about myself, because I get to feel like I'm more conscious or more intelligent than most people. I feel good about myself when I'm doing things that are "high-consciousness" and I feel terribly guilty when I'm doing things that are "low-consciousness".

Maybe this is all just my own internal issues causing me to project outwards onto Leo. Clearly there are people who have greatly benefited from Leo's channel and who haven't experienced what I've described above. So I wonder how legit these criticisms are. I know that there is great information and insights within Leo's videos, but it's hard for me to take the good without getting sucked into all the things listed above.

If you think about it, wouldn't it be wise to precisely do it the way Leo does? If he truly wants to help people, he needs to find a way to catch their attention. If someone is unconscious, maybe you have to use that to your advantage so he listens to you. Another style might have let to noone really caring about Leo's videos, in other words, without the play of confidence and certainity, people would not trust him.

If you understand how the mind works it's not very wise to play against it's mechanisms simply to feel like you are doing the right thing. People with low self-esteem do need help, so attracting them by any means necessary is in my opinion a completely valid strategy.

You have to see it like this:

A deer has a wounded leg and is straying through the forest. If it just sees you, it'll run away. So what do you do to help the deer? You have to catch it somehow, even if it means that you set up a trap.

Once you catch the deer, you can help it. For the deer, the trap is utter hell. It's the tricking the deer that in the end leads to it's salvation.

From our perspective, the confidence is tricking us into believing and having faith in Leo's words. If we didn't have faith in them, why would we even consider listening to them? Why would I meditate every single day if I am not convinced that it will help me?

We need to be convinced, to be tricked, so that we can see for ourselves that it will help us. 

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

@Scholar A valid point. I understand that Leo is using this style of teaching as a kind of "slap to the face" in order to really get our attention and call us to action. And it certainly works. But it also has its traps.

In the end, there's no such thing as a teaching without traps. Every style of teaching has advantages and disadvantages to it. The advantage of Leo's style is that it gets people's attention and gets them taking action - but with this comes with many possible traps.

One thing I'd really like to see is more vulnerability from Leo, more realness. The way he is in his videos makes him seem like this perfect guru who has everything figured out. Often I feel under pressure to live up to this ideal image that Leo portrays. I'd like to hear more about the things he struggles with, the things he's uncertain about, his own insecurities and fears. In the rare times he does this, it's very refreshing to see.

@ashashlov  The video was pretty good, I would prefer to see more videos like this from him.  If he made more that were this reflective and not so reactive then I'd give him a listen for sure.

11 hours ago, Emerald said:

Leo didn't take down a video because he disagreed with him in the comments.

I looked for that childhood video to see it and I cannot find it, was it taken down? If not can you post a link to it?

Edited by SOUL

12 hours ago, Paradigm said:

I haven't watched very many of Leo's videos, just a handful of them on certain big picture topics to get an grasp of his approach and I can agree with this in ways.

Let me first say that nearly everyone on youtube speaks from their own certainty in their opinions, I don't know that someone would take the time to create a channel, shoot videos, edit and post them to be unsure of what they are saying.

Which Steven also does himself, he's certain in his authority of being "right" with his opinion about Leo as well as his own professed positions he's expressed in the rest of his videos so the criticism can appear hypocritical.

If someone is saying things we are open to or already agree with people tend to overlook the tone of the speaker to instead focus on the message but if it's something we don't agree with a are closed off to tone gets amplified so is another reasons to reject it.

Edited by SOUL

Armed guy on a grassy field, stabbing soil, slashing wind. Wondrous human beings are.

"If you immediately know the candle-light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago"

Too low consciousness, don't waste your time watching it.

Ye this is just a random guy who wants to make fun of someone. Sad he is not actually listening, but choosing to deny everything Leo is saying and making fun of it. Hope this guy eventually finds out how some of Leo's insights are pretty profound and he can look again with an open mind.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

On 25/04/2017 at 4:47 PM, Dingus said:

The first 30 seconds look very promising xD

Can't wait to see the rest.

I laughed more at this intro than people claim to laugh at time of awakening xD

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

Now, about this (I have copied a link with time stamp I want to talk about)

I hope nobody on here gets doubts in Leo's words here. What he is talking about is literally finding less than a needle in a haystack, so for the rationalising mind it is going to sound fantastical and impossible of course.

This Truth with a capital T cannot be perceived by the 5 senses, because the 5 senses originate and report to the one who can perceive this Truth, because the very one that can perceive this Truth is this Truth, it is You and it is the thing that is less than a needle in a haystack. You wouldn't be able to find this Truth if you weren't this Truth. That's how tiny it is. It is the null dimension. 

The haystack is all the delusion. 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

His video on compassion is very good so I'm reserving too much judgement on the response video. I think he's being deliberately obnoxious there.

Founder of The Great Updraft: Articles, Courses + More

www.thegreatupraft.com

@rakuul I wonder what happened to the guy who was living and learning from that loving, compassionate and benevolent core to become the guy who exerts effort by insulting someone else who is doing the same thing in living and learning from their own core just because they don't share the same exact ideas in doing so.

That would be an interesting self talk conversation I'd love to be a fly on a turd blossom nearby to hear it.

4 hours ago, Dingus said:

In all fairness guys, there is more to him. I didn't go out looking for it but a few people here did.

Now I don't imagine that my opinion counts for much around here, but in my opinion this place could use more people like him.

There's another video of his in this thread, check it out if you like. I think it's worth a watch.

Yes, it's fair to say he seems a little (or maybe a lot) different from the two videos. I also wonder what happened. But I kind of understand the certain mood swings someone in personal development may experience. One day you're happy to be alive and you treat everyone with respect, the next day you hate the world, and you want to hurt anyone and everyone for no reason whatsoever. I would like to think I have a better understanding of my anger and frustration, but I am sure I, myself, and many of us, given the fact that personal development is such a roller coaster would fancy a chance to lash out. I guess all I am trying to say is that there is more than meets the eye. 

12 hours ago, SOUL said:

@rakuul I wonder what happened to the guy who was living and learning from that loving, compassionate and benevolent core to become the guy who exerts effort by insulting someone else who is doing the same thing in living and learning from their own core just because they don't share the same exact ideas in doing so.

That would be an interesting self talk conversation I'd love to be a fly on a turd blossom nearby to hear it.

There is a fundamental difference between intellectual knowledge and conscious awareness. Having an idea about what is right and wrong does not mean that the mind will obey to that. It's funny how he is the perfect example for why morality is such an ineffective tool. It couldn't be more ironic.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

On 4/26/2017 at 3:31 PM, My_Name_Is_Mud said:

lol a pragmatic and logical analysis. I am absolutely not surprised you have an expert level of knowledge of this subject.

"Gaming the system"; trolling; clickbait, fake accounts to sub, give thumbs up and comment, and to artificially drive various Youtube algorithms--and a number of other tricks. A lot of Youtubers do this sort of thing; some are more honest about it than others, and some go to more extremes than others.

It might work as a fire starter, but if the content isn't there the channel will fissile out. It may look otherwise at times, but people are no where near as dumb as some like to think they are. If the Youtuber is disingenuous, the audience will sniff that out like dogshit on the sole of their shoe.

And, of course, the goal doesn't automatically justify the journey, and the the universe has a funny way of making sure those who are trying to fool others get whatever the Unchanging decides is deserving of their efforts.

Thanks. :) It does become really obvious when you've been through the dry spell at the beginning to see when others are trying to grow their channel in ways that don't really work. Plus, I checked out the guy's channel after I posted yesterday, and my suspicions were confirmed about the low sub count. This Leo critique video was one of his most popular videos and it only had like 350 views. So, he has a very low subscriber base despite the fact that he's been consistently uploading for two years. And looking at the things he has posted, it's a lot of racist kind of stuff... or just obnoxious "basic" kind of stuff. So, I definitely think that he's just trying to piggy-back by criticizing Leo. That way, all the Leo fans will be upset and click on his video. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

30 minutes ago, Emerald said:

Thanks. :) It does become really obvious when you've been through the dry spell at the beginning to see when others are trying to grow their channel in ways that don't really work. Plus, I checked out the guy's channel after I posted yesterday, and my suspicions were confirmed about the low sub count. This Leo critique video was one of his most popular videos and it only had like 350 views. So, he has a very low subscriber base despite the fact that he's been consistently uploading for two years. And looking at the things he has posted, it's a lot of racist kind of stuff... or just obnoxious "basic" kind of stuff. So, I definitely think that he's just trying to piggy-back by criticizing Leo. That way, all the Leo fans will be upset and click on his video. 

Actually, I am not so sure his subscriber count is that low. 

He has 245k total views. In comparison, you have 284k with 6.4 k subscribers.