rakuul

Wow, What Do You Think About This Guy's Response To Leo?!

49 posts in this topic

:(

I would love to hear your thoughts and rebuttals. 

Might be interesting.  I'll watch it.
5 mins in, he's kinda being a butt.

its just someone having fun in their own creative way

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

Yeah, I can't watch this. He's wasting my existence with terrible music, general douchiness, and backing of a nationalist right wing candidate so if he says something compelling, write it in the thread. 

nothing is anything

I didn't listen to alot of it, but from what I heard he simply hears what he wants to hear and is not really listening to what Leo is conveying. But he said it himself, he simply searched for a random youtuber so he could rant about communism and the left. 

He's someone who claims communism is the greatest evil in the world. It's a fanatic, people like him usually create the most suffering, and suffer themselves the most aswell.

Glory to Israel

He's not being condescending, Steven, his tone is that of a teacher teaching students.  13 mins in so far, still not a whole lot in the form of decent commentary. Oh, he burped.  Mature.  

This dude reminds me of my folks.

Edited by Annetta

@rakuul 

The Three Essensials Of Zen Practice: this is what we are doing with Leo, God willing ;) 

• 1. Faith:  It is a faith that strong and immovable. A practioner has this strong faith, because of the life of the Buddha. He trusts the teaching.  This is a faith in the buddha enlightnment experience. 
  • 2. Strong doubts: Not a simple doubt, mind you, but a " doubt-mass"  This inevitably stems from strong faith. It is a doubt as to why we and the world should appear so imêrfect, so full of anxiety, strife, and suffering when in fact our deep faith tells us exactly the opposite is true. It is a doubt which leaves us no rest. it is as though we knew perfectly well we were millionaires and yet found ourselves in dire need without a penny in our pockets. Strong doubt, therefore, exists in proportion to strong faith.  
  • 3. Strong determination: From the second Essential of Zen Practice comes a strong determination to take the journey of the Buddha. 

@rakuul Its nice that somebody makes some criticism of Leo, but this video does not make sense so far as I have watched (15 min). He is trying to make fun of every single thing that Leo says and actually is not making any arguments against what is in the video. This guy is sad.

When it rains, it pours like hell.
-Insomnium

My blog: dragallur.wordpress.com

Yeah sure he may have some points, who knows since nobody watches, but come on nobody is going to seriously listen to him if he is acting in such a way about it.

I just watched 10 minutes, the dude is pretty confused. He doesn't understand what Leo is saying or pointing at, but I don't think is funny him trying to associate the logo with something related with minors... that's very low. He is also trying to relate the video about morality making seem that Leo has no morals or something like that.

Pretty twisted that guy.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Leo mentioned to examine things he says before validating anything, he's already warned us of ego dangers of taking belief systems, as he already does some of the videos for entertainment purposes. As for the guy commenting on leo's vid, I'd prefer not to judge but this guy's paradigm is far too low conscious to take seriously, even if he's just messing around which isn't wrong. Yet it's quite unwise IMO but it is what it is even if his projections are far off what leo's trying to communicate to the point.

I didn't want to make a snap judgement so I went and looked at some previous videos going years back to get an idea of their evolution as a person.

It seems like he got swept up in the animosity and angst of the past year that is so prevalent in society as well as him taking on a Molyneux styled world view.

His rational reductionist position coupled with the intolerance of views that don't reflect his own appears to have bred a certain amount of emotional and intellectual hatred.

His issues with the philosophical and spiritual differences between his ideas and Leo's are ones not uncommonly expressed by the scientific minded towards them.

I also don't agree with some of Leo's ideas and even share some of the same concerns about the assertions of "truth" about some but I recognize that with regard to consciousness there is so much subjective understanding we get from our experience there isn't a reason for me to let it bother me.

What's interesting about looking at that guy.....who I suspect is the one who started this thread, is that he had some really interesting videos and looked liked he was working towards well being but at some point it completely changed.

He got caught up in Molyneux's self righteous crusade mentality, adopted all that rhetoric and any of the healthy progress he had made up to that point was wiped away by it.

One of his videos called "who deserves compassion?" kind of signaled his growing intolerance for anyone who isn't on board with his ideology or what he thinks people should be doing.

In that video he may have accurately assessed that not allowing others to be abusive towards us is a healthy way to be though he also asserted that those people don't deserve our compassion which mirrors the us vs them war that is taking place in society.

We can actually not allow others to be abusive towards us while we still maintain a compassionate disposition towards them, these aren't mutually exclusive.

By harboring that animosity towards the ideologically different you can see how it's manifested in a malevolent attitude towards someone who has nothing more than a differing opinion.

Being so consumed with his opinions and them being "right" that it's not just an attack on his identity, he unconsciously sees it as an attack on his very being so hence the lashing out.

I actually have compassion for the guy, his earlier videos have some great ideas and undoubtedly provided some value for the few who viewed them but he took a turn about a year or so ago.

@rakuul , I have shared some of my thoughts, if you would like to discuss it we can do it here or in private messages.

Don't have to press play to know there's probably nothing worth rebutting here.

What I am reading now: Smile at Fear, Chögyam Trungpa

It's just a whole bunch of ad hominem and strawman attacks. It's not enough to just demonise and poke fun at hippies/psychedelics without actually doing the work yourself!

There was actually a nice video this man did:

I think he's just lashing out. I understand what's happening. I find the whole personal development domain sometimes a super bullshit lie. But probably because I am stripping away beliefs, and everything that gave me faith before, now gives me stomachache. :D

just a guy moralizing a video about not moralizing. 

2 hours ago, SOUL said:

I didn't want to make a snap judgement so I went and looked at some previous videos going years back to get an idea of their evolution as a person.

It seems like he got swept up in the animosity and angst of the past year that is so prevalent in society as well as him taking on a Molyneux styled world view.

His rational reductionist position coupled with the intolerance of views that don't reflect his own appears to have bred a certain amount of emotional and intellectual hatred.

His issues with the philosophical and spiritual differences between his ideas and Leo's are ones not uncommonly expressed by the scientific minded towards them.

I also don't agree with some of Leo's ideas and even share some of the same concerns about the assertions of "truth" about some but I recognize that with regard to consciousness there is so much subjective understanding we get from our experience there isn't a reason for me to let it bother me.

What's interesting about looking at that guy.....who I suspect is the one who started this thread, is that he had some really interesting videos and looked liked he was working towards well being but at some point it completely changed.

He got caught up in Molyneux's self righteous crusade mentality, adopted all that rhetoric and any of the healthy progress he had made up to that point was wiped away by it.

One of his videos called "who deserves compassion?" kind of signaled his growing intolerance for anyone who isn't on board with his ideology or what he thinks people should be doing.

In that video he may have accurately assessed that not allowing others to be abusive towards us is a healthy way to be though he also asserted that those people don't deserve our compassion which mirrors the us vs them war that is taking place in society.

We can actually not allow others to be abusive towards us while we still maintain a compassionate disposition towards them, these aren't mutually exclusive.

By harboring that animosity towards the ideologically different you can see how it's manifested in a malevolent attitude towards someone who has nothing more than a differing opinion.

Being so consumed with his opinions and them being "right" that it's not just an attack on his identity, he unconsciously sees it as an attack on his very being so hence the lashing out.

I actually have compassion for the guy, his earlier videos have some great ideas and undoubtedly provided some value for the few who viewed them but he took a turn about a year or so ago.

@rakuul , I have shared some of my thoughts, if you would like to discuss it we can do it here or in private messages.

You're a better person than I am for actually looking into him. I had too much work to do today.

I think libertarians, assuming he associates to a degree with that, are an unfortunate people. They are often smart and passionate, but believe so deeply in free will that they lose all perspective on the clockwork orange-ness of our being...and this turns hateful.

I'll give this a real listen this weekend and take down some notes. I'll have to skip the shitty glam rock tho. Jesus. 

nothing is anything

@eskwire Oh, don't bother watching it, he doesn't actually rebut anything, he just insults without any real discussion about it.

I kept waiting for a reasoned reply to points he disputed and it never came.

It's a problem with hyper rationalism in assuming by those that employ it that their opinion is the "right" one.

Couple that with a morality mindset that their opinion is also what's "good" and anything that is different is "evil" so this is what results.

With no filtering of the ego justification it just runs rampant and they cannot find any peace in life at all..

It takes someone who may have some ideas worthy of consideration and can turn them into an extremist bigot.

It's not worth spending that much time on, he doesn't add anything of value to contemplate.

The guru would ask....

Who is the one that is triggered?