Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ElenaO

[book] The Power Of Habit, Charles Duhigg (9/10)

4 posts in this topic

A valuable book on the theory about habits and actual techniques you can put into action.

Why do we do what we do? We would like to think that our mind is in control of things, but it's not. Duhigg explains why. The science behind this is fascinating!

Here Is a Free Self Improvement and Motivational Ebook.
All you have to do is enter the link bellow and put your name with your e-mail, and you will receive a message to your INBOX to download the Ebook....

I found it very anecdotical and not much practical. It was very long and didn't easily transform into practice which I found quite underwhelming.

The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg is definitely an amazing read! I devoured it many years ago and for me, it actually kicked off my foray into personal development. That is why I have a personal connection to it. As @Lynnel mentioned, this is not much of a practical guide (although with some work you could use the provided theory to come up with your own experiments). However, the theory is amazing and if you are new to habit formation this is truly illuminating (like it was back then for me). There is too much vague and wishy-washy stuff out there on habits on the internet. Instead, consume this book! And, if you after that need more guidance, complement it with the newer Atomic Habits by James Clear.