Paradigm

What Has Actually Transformed You The Most?

28 posts in this topic

(In order of importance)

My girlfriend taught me so much about love, letting go, having fun, relaxing. She made me a better person and taught me how to relate to women. Love is super important.

Taking massive action towards my life purpose for years and getting great results.

Meditation and journalling for years (and struggling to do it consistently for years too).

Cutting out all distractions and negative influences (all news and all social media) and replacing them with positive influences (books, podcasts and youtube videos of amazing people). Letting these influences brainwash me for years.

Having deep conversations with amazing friends.

Going to the gym consistently and training hard, for years.

Failing over and over again and getting back on it over and over again, each time getting more comfortable and accepting towards myself for failing.

Being crazy, unstifled, unapologetically being myself. Having fun and bringing chaos, going to crazy parties to unwind.

Thanks for the responses guys, it's been very insightful. I'm going to go through it all carefully and see what I can implement into my life.

@Paradigm Self inquiry, the Neti Neti method, made the biggest difference in neurosis.

nothing is anything

If we're talking about Leo's videos, then it's the one about how the mind distorts reality. This was the first time I got to see just how much of my experience is conceptual. Really blew my mind. 

Overall, I would say meditation. In a matter of months it transformed me from a deeply depressed human being into a smiling one. The search for happiness came to an end, and because of that I finally found it. ^_^

Edited by DoubleYou

3 hours ago, eskwire said:

@Paradigm Self inquiry, the Neti Neti method, made the biggest difference in neurosis.

That's interesting to hear. I've done a bit of self-inquiry on meditation retreat but don't have it as a habit yet. I've always assumed it wouldn't have any practical benefits in day to day life.

@DoubleYou I'm yet to watch the video on how the mind distorts reality, I'll have to give it a watch soon. That's awesome that meditation has benefited you so much. Which meditation method do you do?

22 minutes ago, Paradigm said:

That's interesting to hear. I've done a bit of self-inquiry on meditation retreat but don't have it as a habit yet. I've always assumed it wouldn't have any practical benefits in day to day life.

Why?

nothing is anything

@eskwire I guess I viewed it as something that only pays off when you actually become Enlightened rather than something where it increases your awareness gradually over time, in the way meditation does. I have no idea why lol.