Shin

How To Make Friends ?

67 posts in this topic

Just now, Lai said:

So, no need for any more of the reputation points you want so much?

That's asking too much from poor money. Money can't buy everything.

@jse based on the pic , id still be looking like 18 at age 50. So ??

Some people are so poor all they have is money.

Don't worry Prabhaker, i will be alone one day and be tremendously happy too :)

Just need to find a secret passage where no one can follow me hehehehe

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@Shin to maintain a friendship requires 2 aspects that you specifically would need to work on; this is based on my experience.

First aspect is building rapport. To do this, simply:

- show the individual that you are a valuable person, and that you have something EMOTIONALLY to give to the other person. Like kindness, positive energy, emotional support, and plently of other airy fairy words you can think of.

- compliment individuals and question their personality on a very deep level, while being playful. Ask them questions that cross the social boundary. I know you wont care, but make sure that you dont start giving a fuck about what others will think if you do this. Question their sexuality, religion, all the sensitive stuff. This is how you get close. Its like building intimacy with a woman. 

- show social status (i h8 these egoic parts, it makes me feel really unauthentic, but just bear it and go through with it)

The second aspect is the ability to not feel emotionally drained after 2 fucking hours of talking haha:

To be honest, i havent solved this problem myself, but whats wrong with the blind leading the blind:

- keep your mind in the present moment. I.E. stay true to yourself, and keep within yourself, and dont get sucked into things that are smaller than yourself. This somehow has a charging effect.

- pace yourself. Dont socialize too hard at the start. Treat socializing like a marathon. Take breaks and keep it slow, otherwise you're going to be drained within an hour or 2. Meditation while socializing is the key to not getting drained. It comes from a mental fatigue from your brain being too dynamic. Keep the flow of qi constant.

Lonely planet :(

giphy.gif

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Prabhaker awww. But relationships arent perfect, sure it will bring you frustration but thats okay. It will also bring you happines, connection, love, and etc. We can be both happy alone and still connected to other people who loves you and cares for you. ❤❤❤

8 hours ago, Evilwave Heddy said:

What does this mean though? Does it mean that you're not worthy of her? Or does it mean that you will develop sexual feelings towards her, therefore removing the "friend" status?

Not just sexual, it's just that at my stage of developement, I don't think I can be friends with a girl if I found her attractive.

@Beau and @jse

tumblr_lmputme3co1qa6q7k_large.png

@Beau Well, you two doesn't live that much afar from each other, and you're both looks like nice people, so why not ? :3

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Sorry folks, Jse is taken

Jse and Lai made for each other.....                                                                   

(Lai sorry  if this was lame, didn't mean to offend)

1 hour ago, Lai said:

Is that supposed to be funny?

You have a real bad and immature attitude to your relationship with jse.  If jse does something wrong, you post up a thread about it looking for help. This entire topic you've been posting like a clingy girlfriend because jse is just joking around with another girl..  

Maybe it wasn't intentional but it seemed like you tried pulling what jse pulled on you earlier by saying to Prabhaker that you'd come visit him with jelly babies or whatever.(Hence you ignored everything else Prabhaker said).  It obviously upset you when jse did it so you tried do yhe same back.

Control yourself and quit the clingyness.  Maybe jse likes that clingy stalker type shit though.  Also I'm pretty sure Shin didn't know you were a thing.

Edited by Evilwave Heddy

This  is like

Omg... 

How to  make friends.  

@Evilwave Heddy you are weaving a whole story inside your head.  Get some rest.  Tomorrow is a bright new day and you'll feel much better then.

40 minutes ago, Lai said:

@Evilwave Heddy you are weaving a whole story inside your head.  Get some rest.  Tomorrow is a bright new day and you'll feel much better then.

That's the answer I expected.  I'm just saying what I see.  The evidence is right here in this thread. LulxD

@Beau Prabhaker gives really good advice; he's an Enlightened hermit from India. :P Haha!

11 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

@Beau  I live alone, this forum is my only contact with world , and I am tremendously happy. Every relationship will give you frustration in the end, no relationship can give you contentment , learn meditation.

I agree that aloneness is peace, but monks live in joint families (aka sangas, groups) and they also have peace of mind. They live with many, yet alone and in peace. They help each other when needed. This type of detachment / peace / love can be done in a regular family.

9 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

monks live in joint families (aka sangas, groups) and they also have peace of mind

When Buddha was a seeker of truth, he had few fellow travelers, they respected Buddha very much because he was torturing himself in every way. One day Buddha became so weak that he was unable to cross the river. Then he decided to give up all his practices. All his  fellow travelers left him, assuming that Buddha has become corrupt. All friends are with you when you follow certain conditions, then your freedom is not absolute.

Buddha called his community sangha. Sangha is a community of those who live with the same attitude, who live a life in common, who commune with each other. This community is a family of fellow seekers, not of fellow believers. When you believe, the community becomes a sect. 

If you can live alone happily, then only you can live happily with others. If someone is living blissfully in a sangha , it means he has learned the art of living blissfully alone.