Memeito

Psychic Abilities.

45 posts in this topic

Are they real? Is everyone capable of developing them through training or do they appear only to certain individuals? Can meditation unlock such abilities? Does enlightenment bring with it powers such as clairvoyance, precognition, psychokinesis, etc?

@Memeito

The mind is always hankering. The mind is nothing but hankering, desiring something to happen. Sometimes it is thinking about money, to have more money, to have bigger houses, to have more respectability, to have more political power. Then you turn towards spirituality; the mind remains the same. Now you want to have more psychic powers -- telepathy, clairvoyance, and all sorts of nonsense. But the mind remains the same -- you want more. And if you want more you will remain ill.

You can change the objects; that's very simple. That's what we go on doing. Small children play with toys and we tell them that these are toys. They have small cars, toy cars and toy trains and toy airplanes, of course. But you watch: when your boy has a toy airplane he goes out to show everybody in the neighborhood. To the other boys he says: "Look what I have got! I have an airplane!" He feels tremendously great.

What are you doing later on? Those toys disappear; bigger toys appear. Now if you have a big car, you would like everybody to become aware of it -- otherwise what is the point? Now if you have an airplane, you would like to advertise it so that everybody knows that you have such a big airplane.

The same game continues....

Now telepathy, or clairvoyance, or psychic powers: "If you can do this, I can do more than this. I can read people's thoughts thousands of miles away."

If you get into meditation you can have many psychic powers, you can read people's thoughts. But what is the point? Your own rubbish is so much, what is the point of reading somebody else's rubbish? He is tortured by his rubbish and you are reading his thoughts – and you think you are doing something great! The real thing is to get rid of thoughts, not to read them.

16 minutes ago, Memeito said:

Does enlightenment bring with it powers such as clairvoyance, precognition, psychokinesis, etc?

Psychic abilities are considered as obstacles in the path of enlightenment, those who are caught by them, never move towards enlightenment.

8 minutes ago, Snick said:

As you grow spirituality you gain psychic abilities, but as you proceed on your path towards enlightenment you eventually loose those abilities again as you come closer to enlightenment? 

There no question of losing those abilities, use of psychic abilities is childish. 

@Prabhaker But psy abilities are real !!!

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

Just now, Loreena said:

But psy abilities are real !!!

In India poor illiterate mystics use psychic abilities impress other villagers, and they think they are helping others by telling their future.

Just now, Snick said:

But do you think it is always childish to use them? Always always? 

Always ! Enlightenment is a simple realization that everything is as it should be, everything is utterly perfect as it is. 

3 minutes ago, Snick said:

You can do for innocent reasons, like create happy feeling in a gathering of people. That is pure innocent

Every power corrupts. Use of psychic abilities is considered as hindrance on path of enlightenment. About this a chapter is written in  Patanjali's Yog Sutra's, just to warn the seekers.

4 minutes ago, Snick said:

do you prefer anarchy? 

If you are a seeker of truth , then your interest in any kind of power is an obstacle.

Otherwise society needs institutions , parents need power to control children, it is important for the survival of society. 

From the point of view of a mystic , your society is sick, your parenting is horrible.

42 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

In India poor illiterate mystics use psychic abilities impress other villagers, and they think they are helping others by telling their future.

I don't know abt that. I can tell you psychics help solve crimes !!

13 minutes ago, Loreena said:

I can tell you psychics help solve crimes !!

Can they stop crimes, wars, terrorism ? What good it will do if they solve few crimes ?

When they use psychic powers , they lose psychic energy , it's a costly affair.

Edited by Prabhaker

5 minutes ago, Snick said:

everything else can be dealt with, without using power!

Real problem is unconsciousness , all other problems are shadows.

@Prabhaker What is losing psychic energy ? Why costly ? you mean its bad to use psychic energy

@Memeito, on my personal journey I have found that as your individuated view of the world changes through meditation, realizations and what not, you'll naturally become aware of different things.

Think about it like this: Your sensing of the world happens through a lens. When you change your sensing of the world this lens zooms out, so that you become aware of more and through that different connections in nature. This'll lead in some sense to what you call psychic abilities. This will lead to a lot of different things as well, just that when you are at this point in your journey it's not "psychic" any more. It's just a different way of perceiving the world.

For example, if you are aware that all of your thoughts "pop" into existence just as anything else you perceive and you can validate this as the Truth for yourself, your whole way of seeing you interacting with the world will change. Through that, you'll naturally discover different perspectives to see what is going on.

Also, I've found that at some point you'll be able to talk someone out of his illusion to some degree because you were at his point before and you know exactly why he is not able to see the bigger picture. It's like explaining something to someone that you know very well. You know exactly what the hard part of the idea is and how to come around it.

If you are good at talking to people, you can help them a lot one-by-one. I did talk one of my friends into a deep enlightenment experience that changed completely how he interacts with the world now. For him it was especially effective because he wasn't seeking it at will and so the "BANG" was even bigger.

To a normal person that might seem like psychic stuff, to others it's their reality.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

1 minute ago, Loreena said:

What is losing psychic energy ? Why costly ? you mean its bad to use psychic energy

It is the same life energy we need to grow spiritually. There are many ways to waste this energy, we all are wasting. It is very difficult to accumulate this energy, we can lose it very easily.

2 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

It is the same life energy we need to grow spiritually. There are many ways to waste this energy, we all are wasting. It is very difficult to accumulate this energy, we can lose it very easily.

Ok tell me how to exactly grow spiritually in a more succinct manner so this discussion can end. 

1 minute ago, Loreena said:

Ok tell me how to exactly grow spiritually in a more succinct manner so this discussion can end. 

I have told you about meditation many times, you can always ask about any problem on this forum.

@Prabhaker you mean only meditation ?!

Just now, Loreena said:

you mean only meditation ?!

What else do you want , some esoteric secrets ? Growing towards meditation requires great patience.

2 minutes ago, Snick said:

Don't try to steel his knowledge, ask with humbleness!

Nothing rude in it, I always like to share as much information as possible, I know it is a very difficult journey. 

@Snick You can go into meditation just by sitting, but then be just sitting; do not do anything else.