Shin

What Do To When You Loose Faith ?

19 posts in this topic

My mind is trying to trick me into believing all of this is just bullshit.

This afternoon it felt as if my mind was in total denial for a brief minute.

I knew this will come sooner of later, and I don't think I will identify with these kinds of thoughts,

But just in case, what do you do that works wonder in this particulary case ? :)

@Martin123

I don't feel epic, I can be pretty egotic sometimes (like when I call people sheep 9_9 ).

I also use the word "I" and talk about myself way too much, instead of directly answering the posts.

I'm like far from being "epic" in my book :P

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin see it as a confirmation of progress.

its like

you: doing really well and being epic as fuck

higher self: wow ur epic as fuck. Pretty sure you can deal with this now! 

Your response: fuck yeah im epic as fuck! Bring it on so I can show You how much I can love myself until I break i to pieces and nothing but love remains.

You are epic! Do you choose to believe that?

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

Remember that you come previous to thoughts. They are arising inside of you. You are thinking that you are thinking, but thinking is just occurring.  You can watch them but you will never be only them. It just takes the recognition in a single moment that thoughts are sensations. The thing is that the rational mind wants to box all of this in, but it can't be known. Thinking occurs within being, so how can thinking encapsulate being? Being can be thinking, but thinking cant be being. Being is permanent, thought is impermanent. The mind says all of this is bullshit because it can't understand it.Thought is born in the dream, how can it grasp whats outside the dream? Also, who fucking cares if this is all bullshit. Being happy in the dream is plenty. Or even when you aren't happy in the dream, consider the alternative (not existing).

Its not you, it doesn't control you. You also can't control it, but obviously the thoughts are appearing to something. You are what the thoughts appear to. How could it be any other way? You are what gives the thoughts meaning. Also recognize that the thoughts are occuring in the present, and they are really about the future that doesn't exist yet. 1 of 2 things will happen, there will be a recognition that all of this is bullshit, and then it is back to what was before, or you will realize that the thoughts are the self trying to grasp control over what it can't understand. Either way, the thing that is looking is what is giving them meaning. the thoughts don't have meaning by themselves. Either way, the content of the thought isn't the only thing that is happening right now. The thought might be happening, but it is happening now. That is the essence of what is being said.

So... are the thoughts you? Or are you what the thoughts are trying to convince because you decide what has meaning? It will pass like every other thought process. 

Edited by Gopackgo

Meditation is the mind training itself. You are just along for the ride.

@Shin My trick is realizing i already experienced "i am not the mind". I can perceive these thoughts, so i must not be the thoughts.
 And that if i look deeply, i am just that which perceives.
I supplement this trick, by realizing it also does not matter if it is a trick or not. And i really do not need to take anything the mind says for granted.
The fact that i can do this, again affirms what i'm doing.

Many spiritual teachers, often answer a question with a variation of "who is it that is doing/thinking ...".
Self inquiry is a powerful tool.

If shit really hits the fan, i watch Mooji, Paul, Rupert, ... to inspire my mind again, to continue.

At times i can also be more direct and internally shout "shut up you idiot, you know nothing".
Because there is no need for beliefs, when just being present, and beliefs are just thoughts, they are not important anyway.

Oh, it is just bullshit.

Although, bullshit enriches the soil and makes it more fertile for growth.

Heh

Edited by SOUL

No one will ever be sure of this stuff. Thats the point. Be sure of nothing because nothing is knowable. How could it not be that way when we will never know what is outside of us? Think about it this way: When there is no self, there is no center for beliefs to occur. Therefore, this is an obvious step to holding no beliefs. Because it is a belief, all of the beliefs about enlightenment also have to fall away. What you are experiencing was the experience here as well. Everything that happens is how it is supposed to happen. I know this because what happens is what happens. Disagreeing with what happens is fighting with reality by definition.

A negative belief like, 'this is all unnecessary', or 'enlightenment is not real'. Is not the same as not believing. It is believing it cannot be so, this is very destructive to the journey.
In this way not believing is better, and closer to having no self. Consciousness is just perceiving everything, thoughts included, it has no choice in what happens in this reality. My view is that this body and brain make perceived choices, in this seeming reality, but to consciousness that is of equal value as the choices your dog makes.

But yeah, there is nothing to believe really.
You do not need faith or belief to be present, you just need to be present. You don't even need to stop thinking.

@Shin you said it in such an epic way. Holy fuck your epicness just brushed onto me. Now I feel even more epic. Thank you for this epic overload.

You are epic af!!! Thank you!

@Bodhi123 ikr, wish I could spend some time in his radiance. That would be lovely goodness.

@Martin123  You're like the kindest dude.  Love seeing your posts.
@Shin I relate, I lost faith.  Don't have advice, but I totally relate and hope that you're able to get back on track soon!  Good luck dude!!!

@zazed Good clarification. I mean only that the conceptual knowledge of what you think enlightenment is start to fall away as you realize: "fuck.. I am peaceful.. What was I searching for again?"

@Shin

When I begin to lose my faith, I remember what led me to spirituality.

I remember the depression and anxiety I felt when I was heavily identified with ego.

I remember how a limited view of reality made life seem difficult and meaningless.

I remember being mean and angry.

I DON’T EVER WANT TO GO BACK TO THAT TYPE OF EXISTENCE.

I now recognize my divinity and eternal nature.

I choose love and embrace the light of consciousness.

I keep the faith.

@Shin If this is all bullshit, ask yourself, what's the alternative? Is it less bullshit than spirituality?

You're trying to find truth with a capital T. Truth doesn't hide. You can rely on that fact.

If its bullshit, where's the evidence? If its bullshit, and reality is(as an example) just what science tells us, is that what is shown in awareness?

@Shin

If the popular theory right now says "all ideas, concepts and beliefs are mind construct so are an illusion" then everything humans have ever said about it are an illusion.

No matter how perfectly it may seem to explain.......it. is. all. just. bull.. . . .... . .... .. ...   ....   .... . .   ...  .. .  .     ..     .          .

If you believe that theory this would be the actuality of it, not just in theory..

We cannot even be able to form ideas that reflect the infinite let alone describe it in language for someone else we would hope could understand.

So all of this discussion about the stuff we think we can "know" is just from our mind even if we tell ourselves that isn't what we are looking for or offering.

Maybe you just made the ultimate detachment to mind, the "it all" one.

Edited by SOUL
typos grammar

9 hours ago, Martin123 said:

@Shin you said it in such an epic way. Holy fuck your epicness just brushed onto me. Now I feel even more epic. Thank you for this epic overload.

You are epic af!!! Thank you!

Fucking troll :P

@unknownworld   Just curious, have you had any direct breakthrough experience of absolute truth, such as with 5-MEO?

Just some minor samadhis and one big with my ex girlfriend.

Then this.

@My_Name_Is_Mud This is normal and is actually a good sign. It means the ego is extremely worried about being marginalized, and this is one of the last weapons in its' arsenal.

This is interesting, because my fake sense of self tried lots of things in the past months, but it only increased "my" will to meditate and be even more present.

Maybe he's desperate now xD 

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin I dont troll boy.

Youre on a funny looking round blueish spaceship interacting with others, learning about the most divine truths in the universe, being on a hero's journey, being a part of the ascension having a body that fits perfectly your needs as you explore your life and having positive influence on those who are yet to wake up!

And you dare to call yourself anything beneath epic, miraculous, gorgeous and infinitely appreciated?

Cmon there you miraculous one.