Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Loreena

Nice Soup Video - Super Healthy

24 posts in this topic

On 29/04/2017 at 1:54 AM, Soulbass said:

I wonder if boiling water kills vitamins or not.

Why not raw ? (except for vegetables which must be cooked : steamed).

Also, I wonder if there is an etheric, or "energetic" value to alive food, since everything is information (like colors, for example).

I would tend to assume that @Leo Gura thought this trough carefully because he is eating it daily and it has to be extremely optimized for his needs :P

vitamin_retention.png

Apparently the higher the temp doesn't matter as much its the length of time that matters when it comes to preserving nutrients. Maybe this is why Japanese use them a lot and are known to be generally healthy people among others.

Here's something i just read about specific questions.

"The best way to destroy nutrients is to cook your food in an open pot of boiling water. To retain the most nutrients use as little water as possible and cook foods rapidly. Since many vitamins are sensitive to water, heat and air exposure, water used for cooking can dissolve and wash away water soluble vitamins, while the heat deteriorates many of the others.

The longer the cooking time and the higher the temperature the worse it becomes. Therefore, any cooking that minimizes the time, temperature, and water will help to preserve nutrients.

Pressure cooking is one of the best methods because it minimizes time and requires little water."

Hmm... I wonder how slow cooking does since the temp is very low but cooks for a long time. Usually i would bring to boil and simmer on the lowest flame with my cooking but now this pressure cooking stuff is very interesting and saves so much time

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@pluto Yeah that's where it's getting complicated. I'd ruminated about this a bit more and thought : okay maybe you're gonna eat so many vegetables daily that you're  gonna get your vitamins needs met either way even if the cooking isn't 100% or even 80% efficient ?

Edited by Lynnel

13 hours ago, Lynnel said:

@pluto Yeah that's where it's getting complicated. I'd ruminated about this a bit more and thought : okay maybe you're gonna eat so many vegetables daily that you're  gonna get your vitamins needs met either way even if the cooking isn't 100% or even 80% efficient ?

You could say so although many of us i believe are still quite deficient without supplementation or daily superfood use because most soils of today are heavily depleted in nutrients. For example: 50-100 years ago one fruit/vegetable back then was probably 5 - 10x more nutritious then it is today due to all the chemical use. Which is why its somewhat important to look out for these times at least few days of the week to try eat as raw or as whole as possible and be aware of these things so we know how to take care of ourselves better to function optimally and live our lives to its fullest potential.

Best things we can do is grow our own and never use any chemicals but try replicate natures way as close as possible and re-mineralize our soil with natural organic matter. Of course everything in moderation is key to a harmonic life but it doesn't hurt to take extra care of yourself from time to time.

B R E A T H E