Colin

A Leo Video A Day

36 posts in this topic

Anyone else watching/ listening to one of Leo's videos everyday? I am pretty close at this point.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

Actually i've been rewatching all of them and taking notes everyday hahah

I don't know what I'll do once I finish, it'll be my last addiction to overcome xD

Having no destination, I'm never lost. - Ikkyu

@Danielle

24 minutes ago, Danielle said:

Actually i've been rewatching all of them and taking notes everyday hahah

I don't know what I'll do once I finish, it'll be my last addiction to overcome xD

I had to build up to it at first but I am sort of on a roll now. I listen while doing chores or exercising to maximize time.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

I did this for a while, but I've been studying other teachers more recently. It's a really nice way to keep you grounded.

I watch/listen to about 3 hours of Leo a day between work and home. I'm addicted to his info. No other YouTube channel compares. 

Not really keeping score or having a goal of how often but I do rewatch a lot of his stuff. His stuff sort of floats around in my head and when I remember some good point I try to practice it that day. Think I'm missing out though, should probably be taking notes and putting some rule into place of like 1 video followed by 3 days/1 week of actively practicing just that one topic since the amount of stuff in a single video is often pretty heavy. @Danielle Feel free to share notes if you feel like it.

Edited by HelloThere

4 hours ago, HelloThere said:

Not really keeping score or having a goal of how often but I do rewatch a lot of his stuff. His stuff sort of floats around in my head and when I remember some good point I try to practice it that day. Think I'm missing out though, should probably be taking notes and putting some rule into place of like 1 video followed by 3 days/1 week of actively practicing just that one topic since the amount of stuff in a single video is often pretty heavy. @Danielle Feel free to share notes if you feel like it.

I will once I finish and when I have enough free time. Probably in june lol

Hey guys, it seems that it'll take me about 3-5 more months to finish watching everything so I'll just share what I got. I'll post here notes of 10 videos every week. 

I took notes mainly on how to videos, not intros or rants. Keep in mind that my notes are very straight to the point and short. They are mostly imperatives and are designed to take action on, not fantasize about. First videos aren't very long so my notes are short which is why I'll just put them all together in one post, later I will make one post per video as my notes get bigger and bigger.

Hope it helps :D

1. Eliminate resistence

Get in touch with resistance- with that feeling
Ask yourself could i let this feeling go? If i was a jedi, a monk?
Would i like to let it go? When will i let it go? Am i more interested in short term or long term results?
Stop avoiding your feelings- face them, they will only get worse if you ignore it.
Stop resisting resistance. Force your body- brute force

2. Mastery

1)Expect periods of much effort and no results.
2)set realistic expectations. Say to yourself: im doing fine.
3) Be present in what you're doing, find ways to make it fun. How do you feel doing your mastery?
4)Have patience!
5) push your mind out of it's comfort zone

3. Motivation

1)set up goals
2) get excited before you start
3)make a daily routine
4)be patient
5) don't doubt yourself
6)Find what you really want to do, have an image of yourself- sense of direction
7) write or draw your vision
8) have something you're willing to fight for
Important-rely on internal motivation!

Positive vs negative
P: what i want to be like? You have a vision
N: you're looking for solutions that are less painful

Positive is better because when you accomplish that one vision, the other one is waiting, you're getting more and more motivation.

4. What a Roman emperor can teach you about happiness

Ask yourself: what values do I have? What society values? What is bringing me down- write traits of your lower self.
Think about death and shortness of your life.
Realize that worrying about opinions is useless! Listen to your higher self. Remind yourself of the difference between where you were and where you're now.
 Exercise: Write 40 things that are important to you!

5. Self control

Find what patterns/ behaviours you have. Build your inner world so you can create your outer world.
1)Discipline yourself- be consistent, it trains your brain. Install new positive habits and 2)Unhook from media and stimulation- be alone and introspect

6. Time management

STOP DOING STUPID SHIT
Look at what you do during the day. Ask yourself : is this important?  Is it essential?What am I doing that's not important? Is this producing joy? Is this giving me value?
Do the things that will make you better! Listen to your higher self. You' re building momentum when you're checking in with your habits.

7. How to think about failure

Look at the big picture, be less outcome dependant. Learn from your mistakes. Look for failures so you can have a reference experience- find out something new about reality and yourself. Failure doesn't cost a lot in reality- ask yourself how costly is this mistake?
So what if you fail? How important is it really? You'll be stuck in your fear if you don't face it. Make a choice that will enhance your growth and not your comfort.
Most importantly, start seeing it as a good thing.

8. How to train your mind - how your mind is like a rider atop an elephant

Rider- logical mind, elephant- subconscious mind

Observe your subconscious mind - how do I train the elephant(sub mind) aswell with the theory I understand consciously?
You have to coordinate your rider with the elephant! Have habits that you do on  a daily basis.
Focus on your vision

9. How to give advice

Take a step back and remember how you learned the lesson you're trying to give advice on. Allow people to have their own learning process, some people just have to struggle to understand. Ask them questions - they start thinking about it and let them fail- errors are learning experiences they need

10. How to become successful

1) trust and know yourself
2) hard work
3) be specific - what do you want to master?
What do you actually want?
4) master yourself
5) provide value for others

P.s I won't be writing notes here of this year's videos because @Juan Cruz Giusto does a wonderful job summarizing them.

Edited by Danielle

You know what? I am not an authority to say that, but I believe that Leo would be 10x happier hearing that someone watches his videos once a week, or even once a month on a carefully selected topic that's important in one's life at that given moment and takes action on what have been said every-fcking-day, than hearing someone is doing mental masturbation daily listening to Leo's opinions and doesn't actually take any serious action on personal development.

What most of us need is more practice, not more theory.

Sorry for being a little bit rantish here. For 18 months, I've been missusing the information that Leo gives, by not applying it in my life.

Heck yeah.  They're all good.  Here's a good early one.  The Charged Life.  And then -- Be Prolific.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 4/21/2017 at 8:24 PM, Colin said:

Anyone else watching/ listening to one of Leo's videos everyday? I am pretty close at this point.

I've watched most of the ones at least once. It isn't about consuming mass quantities of videos. 95% of the videos go over my head, and I go back to the way that I was. What I learned is it is better to find the few (for me right now it is 2) videos that work for you. Work on them over and over again. Once I feel I maxed out those videos I will move on. I'm in no rush. It is hard to practice the content from the videos if you are watching that many of them.

I usually listen to them when I have to drive for a few hours. 

1)Productivity strategies

How can you be more prolific? Look at your distractions during the day that aren't making you prolific.

This prolific attitude will make you successful. You have to be in flow, do something you truly love and are passionate about.

2) how to feel happy

1) be grateful (have a gratitude diary etc)
2) turn your attention to positive things that are happening in your day to day life
3) find something to be excited about
4) stop thinking so much
5) eliminate addictions
6).build relationships
7) be mindful - slow delibrate action
8).meditation
9) flow states (in work etc)

3) how to express yourself

You have to be a force that controls the world, not the other way around.

Work on yourself, but be yourself- do it in your own way. Don't copy others, it will come across as fake. 
You have to discover your strenghts and develop your own personality. Organic personality attracts people.
Own your style and expression. Give it time! It will develop if you stay on track

4) how to stay focused

Focus on one thing only. Don't multitask!
Work block- sit down for 60-90 minutes and focus on a task. Don't do other things! This is critical

Have 5-10 min breaks then come back to the task.

This requires discipline, but each task will be done faster and you will be more productive and satisfied.
Define 5 things that are distracting you and find solutions. Ask yourself: how do you control yourself and your enviroment?

+ how to get more energy
Have purpose, something you adore. You get energy from thinking about doing things you love

5)Strengths vs weaknesses

You should work on both, but start with your strengths, live those on a daily basis.

See where your weaknesses limit you. Define what they are. Working on your weaknesses will make you happier even though it's more challenging.
If you want success- focus on strengths
If you want happiness- focus on weaknesses

6) how to increase results of self help

Be prepared for hard work and no results for months - this is key
You have to be consistent and patient
You need various perspectives from many different people to create the big picture.

Expect emotional labour, you have to put real effort into it. 
 Be realistic, changes will be subtle!
Experiment! Listen few times ( videos, books etc) but also take action. Don't simply rely on theory

7) how to become a life coach

Join a life coach program
As a life coach you get to  be self motivated
You have to understand business, money and marketing. You have to be specialized for something- more specific, the better
You have to be passionate and set an example, people will look up to you

8) big life changes

Be clear about what you want, set bold goals- make a list. Learn your values and strenghts, set a foundation on which you can decide properly

9) resume writing steps

Be specialized, confident and reliable as a worker. Keep it simple, don' t write random bs. What does employer really want? Put yourself in his shoes. Mention your skills and what you can provide for his business

10) how to stop worrying

WORRY IS USELESS
if you worry your focus and willpower will be drained. Worry is not making you productive, focus on what you can actually do! Things that you worry about mostly don't happen! (By 90%)
Adopt a habit of positive worry - what if I do really good? What if _____ (something positive)?

11) how to change the world

Set an example for other people. You have to master yourself in order to help others. Understand how you work! Build foundation on which you can over time transfer from yourself to the rest of the world

12) the law of attraction

Focus on what you want- you'll attract it. Thoughts generate your actions, what you think becomes real. You can attract positive things with positive thoughts. You have to recondition yourself
Things-action- things you want
You have to be persistent!
This works in all areas of life

13) getting back on track

Even if you screw up, its okay just don't give up easily. You're playing for the longrun, it really doesn't matter if you slip once.
Expect there will be screw ups!!! Make the best of what you've got and go gradually. Don't live in the past, only way you can fail is if you quit

14) how to stop procrastinating

YOU HAVE TO ACT
cut out need, must and should- you create resistance saying that.
You don't have to do anything
Allow the feeling of resistance. Vision something that will be positive in this experience, get excited
Starting is the hardest part, if you get over it, you're done!
Start small- baby steps

15) how to be happy

Every person has a happiness bottleneck. It's an addiction, a belief, self image problem etc. Identify your happiness bottleneck and fix it! Focus on your biggest bottleneck. Be patient with it

Edited by Danielle

@Danielle So good that I copino pastorino your posts :)

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1) Retrain your subconscious mind

Best methods : visualization and having goals - reading them every day
This way you reshape your self image. You have to have more positive patterns- thoughts etc
Be persistent with it! 

2) how to be more confident

Dig in your beliefs- do you feel like you'll embarass yourself? Do you feel like you'll get rejected? Find situations where you're not confident, what exactly is causing you to feel insecure? What would a confident person do?
What would she think? Write a concrete list of actions.
 Actions steps:
Two affirmations to do every day: 1. I love being confident 2. I am indepedent of good or bad opinions of others
Visualization- picture yourself in the situation you feel least confident- take an action that would a confident person take, feel it, image it vividly
Start pretending you're ultra confident. Push yourself a bit and socialize more

3) how to eliminate negative thoughts

Be aware of your thoughts more often- what is the topic?
3 times a day ask yourself what are you feeling and what thought you had that created that emotion
Make a list of negative thoughts- in which category it fits.
Action steps- reshape those thoughts : meditation,  affirmations, focus on other people (have a cause, don't think about yourself too much) & focus on doing
+MINDFULNESS- observe yourself without judgement. Notice when you're having negative emotions. Let it go, simply watch it
By doing this you will develop emotional mastery and gain more control

4) Sensitivity

Look for subtle effects of behaviours you part take in. Do you notice how you feel when you do a certain activity? Does that action help you or harm you? Look at what you're feeling your consciousness with - we are overwhelmed with media, culture. We are overstimulated. Being sensitive to those things takes time because the effects are not bombastic.
 Action steps: Find 3 activities that are toxic- get rid off them

5) positive affirmations

Your mind believes everything you repeat enough times, by doing these affirmations you create empowering beliefs.
Repeat a single affirmation for 5 minutes, keep them short. Start them with I AM
Be specific!

6) how to never quit

You will come to a point where you'll have this defining moment : is this what I'm pursuing worth it? If yes, do it. If not, quit
Not qutting will set you apart from everyone else. You are learning somethint if you don't quit, if you go on.
You have to go through emotional labour it you want to achieve that goal! If you want an amazing life, prepare for obstacles! It won't be easy, but look at the big picture

7) peak performance

You have to have a cause, a dream that will make you excited. You have to have a reason why you're doing it. You have to build up momentum- start small and increase it slowly. Be patient and build  discipline. Nutrition and exercise are important because they give you more energy to do your best.

8) how to relieve stress

Stres is coming from you - you create it.
Bad ways to relieve it: gambling, shopping, smoking, drinking, video games, tv, internet
They are creating guilt, low self esteem and laziness.
Good ways: exercise, going for a walk, riding a bike, reading, yoga, listening to music, quiet time, creative hobby, meditation
They are good for you long term

Ask yourself: where am I most stressed? Take responsability! Recognize where you relieve stress badly, pull yourself out of that acitivity

9) how to handle challenges

You are created to cope with hardships, you can handle it, you can deal with it! You made through so much shit, you survived! Be realistic, you rarely face anything horrific. You will learn something by having to go through something hard.
 Action steps: Read a book Man's search for meaning, use an affirmation: I can handle any situation in life & contemplate the challenges you went through and what you learned

10) how to be attractive

Be detached from needing anyone to fulfill you in your life. You don't need anyone to make you happy! You have to learn to be happy by yourself. When you are being authentic, you attract naturally. You have to be able to let people go. Realize that there is nothing in this world that anyone can offer me that I can't offer myself.
Be comfortable by yourself, take care of yourself and people will notice that
Ask yourself: why do you feel the need to have someone?

11) benefits of meditation

1) eliminates stress
2) eliminates negative thoughts and worry
3) it unhooks you from stimulation
4) you develop gratitude because you are alive
5)it makes you happy
6) it builds your willpower
7)your brain will be healthy
8) mastering emotions
9) eliminates addications
10) more focus

12) what it takes to create an extraordinary life

You have to have courage-ask yourself why are you afraid? What will happen?
You have to have a big vision - what will your life look like?
Stop striving for quick solutions to stay stuck in mediocracy
Be conscious of your own death, the shortness of your own life often! Keep it on your mind when you feel lazy etc

13) how to succeed in life

Discover who you are - what you value, what you want, what you don't want, your flaws and talents etc
Have a life purpose - this is crucial
Set big goals
Be willing to work hard
Master your thoughts and emotions
Study success and DON'T QUIT!

14) how to stay commited to a cause

You have to keep recommiting yourself because you will fall of track
To stay commited is hard because mind wants to keep you where you're at, it doesn't like to change. Say to yourself: this is tough, but this is what I want! Do exercises and principles for their own sake, not because you want results

15) setting goals / smart goal setting

Smart goal setting
Is that goal specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely?
Write details! How will you know when you' ve achieved it? Make sure it matches your skills, strenghts and desires. Is it impossible to do it? Put a time frame on it. Make sure your goals are inspiring and big. Make sure you really want it.
Action steps: visualize your goals every day at least a minute or two- write it, think about it , create a daily routine that will help you accomplish them

@blazed  i agree with you. I started taking these notes last year and all I did was watching video after video ansd I did nothing expect meditation. It took me 3 months to realize what I was doing and in all that time I thought I was actually growing. Now I'm taking action and doing the things I'm taking notes on rather than daydreaming about improving myself. 

Yep.  I've watched them all 3+ times.  That's how I know this stuff so well.

Watch these ones:

Edited by Joseph Maynor