Lorcan

Powerful,inspiring,motivational And Epic Music Post Here.

237 posts in this topic

I recommend you read the lyrics first (for both of them).

I have permanently locked myself out of my account to force myself to focus on my work. Goodbye.

I've been reinventing myself lately. Starting new projects and following through. It's amazing what finishing a goal that seemed impossible does with the mind. The first time is the hardest, next time is going to ten times easier. For me that project was "Ambitions", an epic cinematic EP inspired by the inner drive to reach a goal. The challenges, journey and transformation a person must take in order to truly embrace and land in the newly created spot in life. I hope you like it!

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7FTaLG51n8&list=PLJHKS6bTFEp8KDG9kx5FZG5B_Ub-nEZfC

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/79OE5ilwsonbVI2KWo4TJg?si=zh6jWGxDTUSMS9Nx0GNNHA

Apple Music: https://geo.itunes.apple.com/album/ambitions-ep/1473974965

This is a great band and apart from these 4 instrumentals I can especially recommend their album "Aeonian", which is ... GODLY

~ There are infinite ways to reunite that which already is one ~

I disagree with the tight criteria due to how subjective music is, I can find a Trap/mumble rap song inspiring due to the well-produced beat and lyrical themes of rags to riches intertwined with all the disses and showboating.

but here's one that will fit the thread:

I correlate the beginning sounds to waking up from sleep (the character awakes from a coma at the beginning of this game so it tends to make one's mind go there if they're familiar.

at :38 seconds in it makes me think of your mind kicking in after you awake (something Sam Harris brings up in "Waking Up" is a good little pre-dose of enlightenment is that you always kind of notice it takes a few seconds for the context of your life & it's problems to hit you as thoughts... you can be in a super stressful life situation but for the first 5 seconds after waking you have a weird little freedom where you just roll around sleepy in a state of no-mind)

In the case of this video game/story the character has been in a coma for 8 years so a tonne of trauma is probably hitting him at once, and I correlate those first couple mid-bassy pulse sounds at 42 seconds to him at least re-remembering some of the good feelings of pride, duty served, lives saved, battles won, combat high... etc.. 

and then the rest of the buildup to that sub-bass drop just kind of makes me apply it internally and I reminisce over growth and training & learning... lots of failures and learning experiences/hard work building up to a momant of importance at that sub bass drop where the song kicks in full volume.

I dunno, it's a very personal interpretation and ... whatever. It would be cool if someone else that's played the game thinks of something similar. (Also I have aspirations to fight MMA so I really attach myself to the warrior persona of Big Boss/Solid Snake, making it resonate with me more)

Want to have your mind fucking blown with a musical orgasm?

hrhrhtewgfegege

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

On 3/26/2020 at 0:56 AM, Roy said:

Want to have your mind fucking blown with a musical orgasm?

Incubus are so great!!  I especially love everything from Make Yourself to A Crow...

Edited by Iiris

The Kings taking back their thrown

A useless seed is sown.....

Hear the soldier grown were going it alone!

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

" In the sky of your mind there is a sun, don't be blind to the love"

Edited by Voidthought

The guitar solo at the beginning melts my face every single time...listening with headphones or loudspeakers is powerful enough to inspire me to create pure beauty

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<