TimStr

Lucid Dreaming

64 posts in this topic

I first heard about lucid dreaming almost 3 years ago. As far as I am aware, most people use it for fun, since lucidity is supposed to be more a "real" and profound state, than the normal dream state. While I never managed to get a lucid dream, I am still very interested in this topic.

Is there a way of using it for personal growth?
Since it's a way to tap into subconsciousness, I suppose, there might be quite some use.
But because most people seem to living out their fantasies in their lucid dreams, without actually living them out, this might also be a very distracting or maybe even counterproductive habit.

What are your experiences? Is it something worthwhile, that I might want to get into for personal growth?

Love to hear your thoughts and suggestions!

I've been interested in lucid dreaming for some period of time. There is a guy - Mikhail Raduga, who invented, as they say, a very effective program which helps you to "get into a lucid dream" ("The Phase" as he calls it). And also, there is a community around his books and techniques ("aing" from "astralonauting" lol), but it is in Russian mostly. 

Some people reported that they successfully cured their phobias or psychological problems by creating some particular scenarios in their lucid dreams and experiencing them as real.

They also say, that you can achieve a super high level of realism in a lucid dream. For example, if you are in a lucid dream and imagine yourself in space, you will be overwhelmed by this experience.

So, yes, this is interesting. I wonder, what if you create a lucid dream scenario, where you are "enlightened", for example :) Or where you are extremely confident (I've heard someone tried to cure their fear of public speaking by doing lucid dreaming), etc.

(I've read all this information on their "aing" website and forum - I don't want to post a direct link, plus, again, it is in Russian, but you can easily google it).

Edited by Naviy

carl jung was all about how dreams are the key to understanding the unconsciouss and consciouss mind along ways to improve our general well-being along the way of treating life in more sane way.

sorry for lazy reply, i am in no mood to type long message now, but it is just a small footnote if you want to do any meaningful research on your own.

Try out Nicholas Newport's ''lucidology 101 and 102'', practical and straight forward methods to achieve this state. I have induced lucid dreams for about 10 times using his methods. But only for fun. In the means of personal development, I would say it can be good tool for doing awareness and self-consciousness work. In some lucid dream states the environment is very responsive to your thoughts, so things can manifest as u think  them, your fears, passions, random memories can just pop out easily.And that automatically makes you aware of certain things about yourself. It can be useful, but in my experience I would recommend meditation over it.

Unless you want some fun, and a true jedi does not crave those things :D

Edited by Clayman

"If you immediately know the candle-light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago"

On 7.2.2016 at 8:10 PM, Naviy said:

So, yes, this is interesting. I wonder, what if you create a lucid dream scenario, where you are "enlightened", for example :) Or where you are extremely confident (I've heard someone tried to cure their fear of public speaking by doing lucid dreaming), etc.

As far as I understand it, your subconcous can only produce mental images according to what you have experienced already, or according to how you think, it may be like.
I think it's unlikely, that an enlightement experience in a lucid dream gets anywhere colse to actual real enlightment, if you haven't experienced it before.

On 7.2.2016 at 8:52 PM, Clayman said:

Try out Nicholas Newport's ''lucidology 101 and 102'', practical and straight forward methods to achieve this state. I have induced lucid dreams for about 10 times using his methods. But only for fun. In the means of personal development, I would say it can be good tool for doing awareness and self-consciousness work. In some lucid dream states the environment is very responsive to your thoughts, so things can manifest as u think  them, your fears, passions, random memories can just pop out easily.And that automatically makes you aware of certain things about yourself. It can be useful, but in my experience I would recommend meditation over it.

Unless you want some fun, and a true jedi does not crave those things :D

Thanks for the suggestion.
What I wonder is this: Is lucid sleep actually as restful as normal sleep? Can I just have a whole night of lucid dreams and then go about my day normally?

Just now, TimStr said:

Thanks for the suggestion.
What I wonder is this: Is lucid sleep actually as restful as normal sleep? Can I just have a whole night of lucid dreams and then go about my day normally?

Well sometimes it can waste your energy a little, as the procedure to get one is a little torturing. It is best to induce Lucid Dreams during daytime/ on daylight and the perfect time would be early in the morning, lets say about 5 am, when your serotonin/melatonin balance has shifted and you can go mind awake, body asleep easily. Check out Newport's videos on youtube, he talks a lot about how that is done. 

I have tried and succeeded to get one even late at night, before I go to bed, but that is quite a gamble, and you just might fall asleep easily. + it takes a lot of discipline to know how to stay awake and resist the rollover signal. 

Generally, the only thing that can prevent you from having a normal day after a lucid dreaming session are the methods used, it not the lucid dream that wastes you, you will have the urge to sleep a little more in the morning if you induce it at night, and if you do it in the morning, you will have to invest few hours for it. Thats my experience with them :D Good luck.

"If you immediately know the candle-light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago"

hey?

so i read about lucid dreaming recently and i was so fascinated of the possibilities (talking to your unconciousnes in a mirror and stuff) ...and it took me 1 month of really persuing it with all kinds of methods (wild...) and yesterday i think i had a lucid dream bc i remember thinking in my dream that i could be dreaming and looked at my hands which were blurry.. I also remember a little bit of it but it still felt like a dream. Is it possible that i just dreamt that i am concious??

@Leo Gura

Maybe not directly related to this but out of curiosity and because this is something I'm personally trying to understand the last few days... Are you present in your dreams also? 

I seem to be also watching the dream, knowing it is a dream and enjoying the dream, while I'm dreaming :D 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

You're talking about lucid dreaming.

I'm not lucid when I dream.

That's a skill that can be developed with practice if one desires.

Now what's even cooler than lucid dreaming is being conscious in deep sleep! Which highly enlightened folks have been able to accomplish. 24/7 consciousness!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You're talking about lucid dreaming.

I'm not lucid when I dream.

That's a skill that can be developed with practice if one desires.

Now what's even cooler than lucid dreaming is being conscious in deep sleep! Which highly enlightened folks have been able to accomplish. 24/7 consciousness!

Don't know much about lucid dreaming. Never experimented with this. It's just happening to me for 2-3 weeks now... I dunno if in deep sleep or not. @Leo Gura, do you have more insights on this? That'll be cool :)

Thanks

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

7 minutes ago, Ayla said:

Don't know much about lucid dreaming. Never experimented with this. It's just happening to me for 2-3 weeks now... I dunno if in deep sleep or not. @Leo Gura, do you have more insights on this? That'll be cool :)

Thanks

Lucid dreaming is a well-proven thing. There are many books written about how to develop it deliberately. You can start lucid dreaming with some simple techniques within 2-4 weeks. And then you can actually use it to do personal development in your sleep!

I haven't had time to delve into it much yet. But it looks promising, not to mention fun: design the hot orgy of your dreams and control it like a film director! ;)

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Lucid dreaming is a well-proven thing. There are many books written about how to develop it deliberately. You can start lucid dreaming with some simple techniques within 2-4 weeks. And then you can actually use it to do personal development in your sleep!

I haven't had time to delve into it much yet. But it looks promising, not to mention fun: design the hot orgy of your dreams and control it like a film director! ;)

What about it appearing with no work to develop it? and no high enlightenment either :P 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

6 minutes ago, Ayla said:

What about it appearing with no work to develop it? and no high enlightenment either :P 

People can lucid dream by accident, but you won't get very far with it unless you become committed to mastering it (just like anything else in life).

Enlightenment is not at all necessary for lucid dreaming. It's much easier.

This is happening to me for 3 weeks in a row now, and it's funny you started the topic as I was just thinking of researching it a bit. Feels so cool, and it doesn't have that feeling of not having a good night sleep that you get after dreaming all night, also, things from the dream seem to appear in waking life ... and makes me wonder where the "distortion" is, or which one is the actual dream :D 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

As your awareness rises, lucid dreaming becomes more likely from what I understand. So consider it a byproduct of your heavy consciousness work.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

As your awareness rises, lucid dreaming becomes more likely from what I understand. So consider it a byproduct of your heavy consciousness work.

Shushhh now, you're waking my Ego UP !!! :P 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Are you planning to make a video on lucid dreaming @Leo Gura. If so let me know so I can get the popcorn ready :P

Edited by Huz88

I think it is possible that it was a lucid dream. I have not experienced a lucid dream, so I can't tell you from first hand experience. I know that there are YouTube videos dedicated in guiding lucid dreaming. 

lucid dreaming...i used to have these a lot. they scared the hell out of me. i would be awake and they would start and all of the sudden-like. kinda like when one would instantly realize they were high...ya kinda like that. incredibly loud buzzing would start and i would think oh no...here we go again. sometimes i would hear loud voices say stuff that made no sense, sometimes growling like sounds. all deafening. then i would leave myself...walk around the room or house still hearing all this...finally i would freak and scream inside my head...wake up...wake up...wake up! some times it took forever and a lot of trying to convulse myself up. then after this kept happen many times...i realized that holy hell, i am conscious in this state...i can do anything when this is happening. so everytime it would happen, i then decided to acclimate to the fear and try all sorts of stuff...flying through my ceiling to the outside, visiting people and all sorts of cool stuff. what would happen though eventually is the noise would get so bad that these always would end up with me having to get out of it. i have not had one of those in a long time and i miss it. i have tried to get them back but now i think they are coming out in my awake time...perhaps it's going through it's own transitional dilemma, i don't know. all i know is that when i am trying to sleep...i hear those random words and phases that don't make any sense that come out of no where. they arent nearly as loud though. thank you.