Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Universe

How To Deal With Existential Crisis !

14 posts in this topic

I cry everyday because i don't know if I want the benefits of Spirituality or Success and because of that i suffer from it. How to get out of myself. Please help me.

How about both? Why choose black and white? Go for 50% Spirituality and 50% Success driven or you can put it like engage but become the least attached, so that way you are 100% engaging in your goals success, but you are also utilizing the concepts from spirituality to keep yourself centered and grounded. 

7 hours ago, philosogi said:

@The Universe Why do you want success? Why do you want spirituality? The answers to those questions could help.. my two cents.

Because my Ego wants it, therefore i'll have to lose my ego to have those domain in place :) . Find the solution to my problem, Thank you for your answer ;)

On 21/04/2017 at 2:50 AM, Subconscious94 said:

How about both? Why choose black and white? Go for 50% Spirituality and 50% Success driven or you can put it like engage but become the least attached, so that way you are 100% engaging in your goals success, but you are also utilizing the concepts from spirituality to keep yourself centered and grounded. 

Yes ! :)

@The Universe connect with people. find a zen sangha. find a group to practice yoga with. find people interested in healthy gastronomy.

shake it.

unborn Truth

Even me. I suffer from this same problem.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

16 hours ago, The Universe said:

Because my Ego wants it, therefore i'll have to lose my ego to have those domain in place :) . Find the solution to my problem, Thank you for your answer ;)

I don't think that "losing" your ego is a helpful goal. (Also, why is there a problem? Is there a problem right now?) The key at this point is to be free of the ego (and therefore in harmony) but not rid of it. Ego is part of what it is to live in this body, because ego is what allows this body to survive and thrive. Try to focus more on the process than the end goal. 

Look for a deeper answer than just "my ego wants it." Why? when did it start? How did you learn that?

What I am reading now: Smile at Fear, Chögyam Trungpa

4 hours ago, philosogi said:

I don't think that "losing" your ego is a helpful goal. (Also, why is there a problem? Is there a problem right now?) The key at this point is to be free of the ego (and therefore in harmony) but not rid of it. Ego is part of what it is to live in this body, because ego is what allows this body to survive and thrive. Try to focus more on the process than the end goal. 

Look for a deeper answer than just "my ego wants it." Why? when did it start? How did you learn that?

Well, i live on France so...Pretty shitty for self-actualization and my family barely accept my practices.

I'm only 16 so still at high-school but because exams are here to be passed, i have to know what i want to do later. 

I have personnaly founded that the answer was entreprenor or comercial but the problem here is that because of the constant pressure of my family to pass Spirituality over success and the pressure that i pull on myself to go in the premium school that i want to go on to have my job, my ego rebel itself and create delusions on the fact that if I want to persue my life purpose i'll have to completely change of mentality and therefore drop my spiritual part to concentrate on : "how to sell shit". Now i know that this is stupid because the domain has no effects on the being with whatever the hell i will be doing in the future so therefore, this job is attainable even with a enlightened mind. 

18 hours ago, Loreena said:

Even me. I suffer from this same problem.

Are you mentally masturbating all the time because of this ? If the answer is yes then It's a delusion. If you want to get rid of it just drop Success or find other logical reasons for your ego to follow the twooth side.

23 minutes ago, The Universe said:

Are you mentally masturbating all the time because of this ? If the answer is yes then It's a delusion. If you want to get rid of it just drop Success or find other logical reasons for your ego to follow the twooth side.

what's twooth ?

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

4 hours ago, Loreena said:

what's twooth ?

Well, finding some kind of middle way where your spiritual success is not limited by your personnal success and vice-versa.

2 minutes ago, Joel3102 said:

This was extremely helpful to me. 

Just what we needed. Thanks :)