Memeito

What Is The Fastest Way To Achieve Enlightenment?

38 posts in this topic

I'm looking for the quickest way to become enlightened, I've been meditating for seven months but I don't feel any difference, what should I do to really accelerate my way to enlightenment?

7 minutes ago, Memeito said:

I've been meditating for seven months but I don't feel any difference

People who are anxious for results often miss the moment of action itself, because the moment of action is now and here, while the result lies in some future. So those whose eyes are set on the future are bound to miss the present. If you are concerned with the result, if the result is what is important to you, then the action itself becomes meaningless. Then you don’t love your work, you love only the result. Then you don’t give your whole heart and mind to action – you do it reluctantly, haphazardly.

If your attention is focused on the future – and you are where your attention is – then you can not be totally in the present. And action lies in the present. And that which is done inattentively cannot be deep and total; it cannot be blissful.

Desire for results is a distraction from action, so give up your attachment to results and be totally in action. Leave future to the future, to existence, and be totally in what you are doing now and here.

This question arises for so many reasons. One, you are not really working. You are just deceiving yourself. You are playing tricks with yourself. You are less concerned with what you are doing and more concerned with what is happening. If you are really doing it, you can leave the result to existence. But our minds are such that we are less concerned with the cause and more concerned with the effect – because of greed. Greed wants to have everything without doing anything. So the greedy mind goes on moving ahead. Then the greedy mind asks, 'What is happening? Is something happening or not?' Be really concerned with what you are doing, and when something happens you will know it. It is going to happen to you. You need not ask anyone.

One thing more: whatsoever you are doing, do not think that results will be coming in the future. If you are doing something real, results are here and now. In inner work, if you have meditated today, results are not going to be tomorrow. If you have meditated today. the perfume of it, howsoever little, will be there. If you are sensitive you can feel it. Whenever something real is done, it affects you here and now.

So meditation is not just a certain thing which you do for one hour and forget. Really, the whole of life has to be meditative. Only then will you begin to feel things. And when I say that the whole life is to be meditative, I do not mean to go and close your eyes for twenty-four hours and sit and meditate – no! Wherever you are you can be sensitive and that sensitivity will pay. Then there will be no need to ask, 'Am I progressing or not?' Only with this capacity of being aware of all things happening around you will you develop the capacity to feel what is happening within. 

What @Prabhaker said :P, on a more relative level, Shinzen Young said strong determination sitting and I can confirm it's the fastest way to see big results, but it's also really emotionally challenging. 

Having no destination, I'm never lost. - Ikkyu

By the way, I am practicing a mantra type meditation, similar to transcendental meditation, I'm not sure if this method can bring enlightenment - it's good for stress and anxiety, but I don't feel like it really promotes awareness, I tried to incorporate mindfulness practices in my daily life, but I find it really hard, my mind wanders a lot, should I change my meditation method?

Capturesilence.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

26 minutes ago, Memeito said:

I'm looking for the quickest way to become enlightened, I've been meditating for seven months but I don't feel any difference, what should I do to really accelerate my way to enlightenment?

Watch this for the most direct way - then maybe go to Mooji if you want.

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

35 minutes ago, Memeito said:

What Is The Fastest Way To Achieve Enlightenment?

Meditation for me is not a child’s play. It is a deep transformation. Those who are in search will need infinite patience. Patience means hope, trust, and without any hurry, without any impatience. Impatience simply shows that you are not trustful. The journey is vast, and you cannot be in a hurry. If you are in a hurry you will never be able to move to the other shore.

19 minutes ago, Memeito said:

I tried to incorporate mindfulness practices in my daily life, but I find it really hard, my mind wanders a lot, should I change my meditation method?

This is normal. Be aware of your thoughts wandering, do not identify them, do not force them away, let them be.
They will diminish on their own.

First you must come to a realization what your thoughts are, and how they are not you, because you are watching them.
Self inquiry, or study of the mind, is what mindfulness should be.

I can highly recommend the video @Dodoster linked

Edited by zazed

You could also say "FUCK IT", doing 4 hours of self-inquiry in a row, and get your first awakening :)

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

@Shin I tried it once... I lasted 2.5 hours, hehe. 

So I lasted for 2.5 hours and then it dissolved? :D :D

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

@Dodoster No, I meant that I couldn't continue doing self-inquiry after 2.5 hours because it was sooo BORING.  

Edited by Lenny

[insert quote here]

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

@Dodoster No, I meant that I couldn't continue doing self-inquiry after 2.5 because it was sooo BORING.  

Got you, I was joking around 

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

I tried it once... I lasted 2.5 hours, hehe. 

Do it from when you wake up, until you go to sleep. I'll get distracted, but i always try to do self inquiry, 24/7. If i'm not talking, and not doing something that requires full attention, i'm doing mindfulness basically.
Driving the car, cooking, walking, waiting, listening to people, being bored. I drive my car without music or any distractions now, to practice mindfulness. Even when re-reading my posts here, i practice self-inquiry and/or mindfulness.

The mind seemingly has 2 modus operandi during a day:
1. Doing something active, usually the mind is quiet or so focused on the task, that there are no garbage thoughts.
     -> For example, i'm learning a musical instrument, and i'll think nothing while practicing, it takes my full awareness.
     -> many types of 2 can happen between the focused moments (taking a break, or when getting frustrated)

2. Doing something inactive, like driving/cooking. That's where the mind of most, goes off into stories about past/future, to "entertain" itself.
    -> it's easy to practice mindfulness here, and also most rewarding. These "empty" moments are the most poisonous to one's being, because they tend to fill up your mind with the most destructive thoughts, if your not mindful.

In fact, i meditate or do real "work" very rarely, aside from reading and watching YouTube (hours daily) :) 
What is the purpose of meditating 7 hours a day, when once you step in the car you're frustrated, shouting at traffic, and constantly worrying about next week?  I meditated maybe 3 hours this month so far, and i have made great progress nonetheless.  Because i pay attention to it all day, my mind is quieting down greatly. 

Just be

Edited by SOUL

5 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Stick your head in the microwave, press the enlightenment button and OM.

Be sure to do self-inquiry at the same time. Who is this who's face is burning off, who is feeling this intense burning pain.
You will realize you are that which is aware of the burning, and you will die an enlightened Buddha. :P 

18 hours ago, Memeito said:

You want to get there quick. You want to accelerate your way to enlightenment. But those are just illusions you need to see through. It's not something you attain or get to, it's rather losing everything and stopping.

How do you get to right here, right now? You see through the beliefs that there is a future and a past. That there is something wrong with reality. That it should be something that it ain't.