Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beau

Travelling Alone

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

i am introvert but i love travelling. And most of the times i bring my mom or my sister with me. It is hard to set up a date to travel with my friends due to work and etc. 

Is there anyone whos into travelling alone, whats it like? 

I have a friend that travels alone.  He says that he feels a lot more free because when he is with friends everything feels rushed.  When travelling alone he can admire whatever the hell he wants for as long as he likes without having his friends pulling him along.  He also enjoys it more as doesn't have friends/family there to convince him to go somewhere he isn't interested in.  

There is one negative though.  He said the first few times he traveled he felt very paranoid being on his own and feared being mugged or some shit.  He eventually overcame this paranoia though and was never mugged or anything.

I have a feeling that travelling alone gives you more control and you can be more in the moment than when you're with friends/family.  Never traveled alone myself as there is that paranoia there that I mentioned earlier. (Also I don't travel a lot..yet)

So if you feel like traveling alone is something you could do, then definitely go for it.

@Evilwave Heddy awww. Thanks. I kind of scared that im in the group and i have no one to talk to lol. Or help me on something if i wanna go on hike or spelunking. But im very much interested on travelling alone.

True traveling is about finding yourself.  This is best done alone.

Notable exception: spelunking.  If traveling through a maze of dark caves alone, bring a long rope with you to find your way back out.

Edited by jse
cleared up possible misunderstanding by explaining my attempt at humor

@jse thank you. Thats what i thought so, as much as i love taking my mom with me (cause shes getting older and want her to explore places and i love her lol), there places she cant go like hiking, swimming and etc. 

@Beau I'm shy and introverted like you, and feared travelling alone until recently.  But now I would not travel any other way, because it is a very good and different experience going alone.

@Lai we should be friends. :) . let me know if you want to travel PH :) hehe

56 minutes ago, Beau said:

@Lai we should be friends. :) . let me know if you want to travel PH :) hehe

I'm going to Thailand next month to stalk some guy, and then to Kampuchea.  Maybe we could meet there?

The lonliness is there, but you can and are perfectly capable of cultivating self fulfillment.  But wow, the feeling of FREEDOM, is so delicious. I almost don't want to ever report back home because I like not being influenced by my family.  It is even a good way to explore hidden extroverted parts of your being.  Go be friendly with people.  If an awkward situation arises, what's the problem? you're travelling and can move on both spacially and mentally on your own time.  If you are over it, you can always go home.  You are always welcome home, no matter how far you go.

Edited by MissMiki

@MissMiki awww. Yea, you are so right. ??. Hayyyy. I can do this. ?❤. Thank you.

2017 is the year my introverts :D

B R E A T H E

I too prefer to travel alone, yet I get to freely meet new people too.

Several years ago I traveled from Australia to Austria to train and compete in a cycling event. When I met other Australians there they were dumbfounded that I came alone. I could not see what the issue was.

For a month I traveled everyday on my road bike averaging over 600 km per week. Visiting neighbouring countries and all the towns along the way. Austria is a beautiful country, much like Switzerland. The first thing I did when I arrived in Austria was to eat a fresh ham roll (Inspector Rex).:D

@Evilwave Heddy said it all.