Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EmilyCook26

I Lucid Dream All The Time - Do I Use It To My Advantage?

2 posts in this topic

Ive read a couple of posts on hete re lucid dreaming.

Ever since I had my first child four years ago, Ive been able to lucid dream. Its thought to be a hormone that causes it in mums. I usually lucid dream three times a week. 

Im pregnant with our third child I lucid dream every night. I do every pregnancy.  Its like an out of body experience - watching yourself dream. Its odd. 

So should I be using this somehow??? 

I havent read much re the spiritual / self development side. 

Thank you :)

I just got into lucid dreaming again. I'm currently doing a lot of reality checks daily, just in case I'm dreaming. I really encourage you to use this gift of yours. With lucid dreaming, sleep is all of a sudden turned into an opportunity every night to do the impossible! I mean, people pay millions to go for a trip into space, and here we have the chance to do this and much more incredible things for free.

So indeed, what can you do in a lucid dream?

Practicing skills: You can choose a skill you would like to improve upon and practice during your sleep. Physical skills are perfect for this; climbing, any sport, playing an instrument. When you have the opportunity to practice something in a dream, take bigger risks. This will open your mind to new levels of skill, and you won't be at risk; if you die you simply wake up. Just please make sure that you are actually dreaming.

Hedonic pleasures: This one is a classic. If you eat a healthy diet that restricts certain things that taste amazing (such as croissants dipped in chocolate or some crazy shit like that), you can eat to your heart's content. When you wake up you'll be as slim as ever, and in my experience (I've done this once) the psychological craving is satisfied. I don't recommend this if it's something that will trigger an addiction that will spill over into real life (like smoking or drinking).

Spirituality: It can be used for deep spiritual work because you realize first hand that your experience is entirely constructed by your mind. Stephen Laberge is an expert on lucid dreaming and its uses for spirituality, so I'll let him do the talking.