Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Psychonaut

Sleeeeeeeeeeeep

5 posts in this topic

I think I'm not the only one that has been struggling with sleep ever since the Internet and all these glowing screens have been keeping me glued to them and awake.

I have a binaural beat track that will reliably put me to sleep for my afternoon snooze. I have tried listening to the full 8 hour thing during my night sleep but have found it decreased the sleep quality and my in ears hurt my ears.

Melatonine pills work kinda. Recently I have started using a pill concoction of Baicalin, Withanolide, Piperin, Melatonine, Rosavin and Linalyzetat. I felt the effect very strongly on the first few uses. Now the effect can hardly be felt, but they still help somewhat.

Airing the room and getting it below 20°C helps.

Sex before sleeping helps, I prefer not having some one else in my bed though. Masturbation helps, but seems like a waste to just do it to be fatigued and fall asleep.

Turning of screens and lights 1 hour before sleep would probably help. But what can I do without a screen? Yeah nothing. The only thing would be reading.

Has anyone tried using essential oils dispersed using a vaporizer to improve sleep? I have read that Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Bergamot, Chamomile and a bunch of others seem to help. It's a bigger investment as I will probably have to try a few oils out to find the good ones for me.

To me it seems like every thing I do improves my sleep a little bit, but it's not yet what it could be.

Dude I know something that has helped me quite noticeably. Using it is kind of ugly but I'll remind you what you said:

33 minutes ago, Psychonaut said:

Turning of screens and lights 1 hour before sleep would probably help. But what can I do without a screen? Yeah nothing.

You said having no screens before bed would probably help. So you even know what to do now.  Except you also said you can't live without a screen so use what I've been using instead, Flux. I'm sure others have heard of it before but it's like 0 maintanance and runs in the backround very gradually lowering the brigthness after sunset. Just don't go straight from bright to ultra dim or it will look kind of ugly for a few minutes until you get used to it. Otherwise you shouldn't even really notice it much. Anyways I get sleepy now behind the computer screen most nights when it's really late instead of going to bed at like 3am. Before I started using this I was convinced I was just some sort of super nightowl person since I'd been up late my whole life so I almost didn't even give it a proper chance.

Edited by HelloThere

@Psychonaut levander oil for me helps sleeping faster

You've slept a hundred nights, And what has it brought you? For your self, for your God, Wake up! Wake up! Sleep no more.

4 hours ago, Psychonaut said:

The only thing would be reading.

music

Real eyes, realize, real lies.