Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Annetta

How Many Of You Like To Dance?

26 posts in this topic

How many of you like to dance?  What sort of dancing do you like?
Any tips for beginners?  
I danced for an hour this morning in front of a mirror, have not danced in so long, not a good dancer but sure do love it.

Dancing is awesome! It's a form of arts + exercise. It's awesome because you can forget yourself and just enjoy the movement.
I like any type of dance, but especially the energetic type.

Try this:

Step one: Put on your favourite dance tune

Step two: Dance

There is no such thing as a good or bad dancer, you just dance and move to ways that make you happy and feel free :)

B R E A T H E

@Annetta do you ask for something to do at home yourself,

or do you ask different types of dance courses that you might want to attend?

Edited by Sevi

@Sevi I am looking to practice at home.  I like belly dancing or anything for someone who isn't very coordinated.  I'll just practice at home.  Did four hours today

Sometimes I just go to the club by myself with some ear plugs and dance for a couple of hours.

Just not one care in the world, I may be shit but I love to dance.

@Paleas Me too dude, been dancing all morning.

I never even made one attempt at dancing in my whole life not even when by myself even then it feels awkward, even the thought of me dancing makes me cringe like hell.

There is not a single dancing fiber in my body despite i love music very much.

When i was pushed on a dance floor when i was younger it felt like the world coming crashing down on me i rather fight a professional boxing match, or swim with a white shark, or fight in a war then i go dance for even a second.

I rejected girls who wanted to dance because i don't dare to give it my all on the dance floor and it will feel awkward.

It is strange because i have no problem with intimacy or touching or sports with lots of movement its just dancing.

Oh well you can't have it all so off to the bar it is then.

Edited by Steph1988
I wanted to add even more exaggerations for fun

@Sevi @Annetta then you kind of know what you like to dance:) keep doing that for a month or two and just enjoy it to set the habit (I suggest not more than 2 hours for starters, you might burn yourself out so quickly otherwise)

Then you can add some form and format to it. Like:

When working on hip actions, start to position your arms and keep the position all along, 

Or

If you're practicing the arms, then while doing so keep your posture poised and your sternum bone up.

Coordination is a skill-set which is always built up throughout the process, it's not natural for any anatomy. Always focus on one element to improve, when it starts to become second nature then add the other actions which accompanies that.

Edited by Sevi

@egoeimai

You can watch people, and you can see their dances have different qualities. Somebody’s dance is a kind of rage; anger is filtering through his dance, through his gestures. Somebody’s dance has grace to it, love is flowing, a kind of elegance. Somebody else’s dance has compassion in it. Somebody else’s dance has ecstasy in it. somebody else’s dance is just stale and dull, he is just making empty gestures, there is nobody behind them – mechanical. Watch. Why this difference? – because they are carrying different layers of repression.

When you dance, your anger will dance if it is there. Where can it go? The more you will dance, the more it will dance. If you are full of love, when you start dancing your love will start overflowing – it will dance all around you, all over the space. Your dance is going to be your dance, it will contain all that you contain. If you are sexually repressed, then your dance will have that.

Edited by Prabhaker

@jse  That couple has love for one another, love their dance.  Shuffle dancing looks like it could be fun.
@Prabhaker @egoeimai 

Hurrhurr.

I learned how to move my belly top to bottom and can almost move it bottom to top now.  My dance is full of joy!  More the sake of movement.  The good feeling of a stretching muscle.

@Steph1988  I have just been dancing in front of a mirror for a few hours, and I have learned that a person dances best when they don't think about it.  I'm only two days in, but if you wanna dance, just focus on moving the body with the rhythm.  Doesn't matter how it looks, get the muscles used to moving with the sound.  Feel your muscles move, like a good stretch, like they are drinking water.  Feels good!
@Sevi What kind of dancing do you like to do?  I learned how to move my stomach muscles, like a wave, going downwards, and will practice more going upwards tomorrow.  It was so much fun!

18 hours ago, jse said:

I want to dance like this:

Am I the only one that is mesmerized by her sexy moves and booty?  I want to learn to dance Kizomba!

And I want to go clubbing with Tom Hiddleston... this guy has some great moves!

Edited by Lai

I don't dance that good. I just do simple moves.

Occasionally I dance like the guy in this video

Sometimes I dance like this little girl in the video when I am in a super happy mood.

And when I don't want to put much effort, I dance like the cute grandma in this video

By the way I came across this funny video on YouTube and this awesome girl clearly seems to be having a lot of fun. Take a look. How cool would it be if folks start dancing like this in Walmart aisles !

She even does that over here.

And while watching that I came across these wonderful music videos that will be great background music for any dance. Plus this girl pulls off some slick moves with ease. Music, tune, beauty, beats everything perfect, !0/10 !!!! Her name is Alexandra Stan

And this is probably the best

Damn, she Rocks!!!!!  She can beat the likes of Katy Perry and Lady Gaga in a second. too bad she ain't that famous.

Edited by Loreena

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly