Anirban657

Believe To Succeed

1 post in this topic

I had an experience in the 10th grade which totally changed my mindset in life. 

It was the 10th grade final exams I was worried about. I did not know how I could score a good mark in science. I was going through depression and anxiety. I knew if I had to win. So I joined new tuitions classes. I had to travel very far away from home and it took a long time to travel but I had no choice. If I wanted to get really good results in a very short time I had to travel. The quality of classes were better and I could really improve on my scores. 

So I decided to commit to it and go 4 times every week alone even though I had never travelled alone for that long distance. That single commitment made me grow in a way I could never have experienced if I had not chosen the more difficult road to life. It was emotionally difficult to not care about what people thought about me on the public bus when I had a panic attack. It was difficult to ignore the naysayers and the bullies in the classes. I had to ignore them and do my thing despite all the negativity. 

I had to sacrifice my pleasures for the long term goal of getting a good result. I liked a girl whom I wanted to talk to but if I had done that I would have backslided and my performance would have deteriorated. I had to sacrifice the idea of getting into relationship with that girl for my studies. I also knew there will be plenty of girls in my future and to delay my gratification for a love affair was a more sensible option.

Maybe it is not so hard when you read this but if you were in my shoes if would mean hell. My perspective was very limited at that time but I had a focused goal. So for 4 months every week not missing a single day I went to take those hard classes and got my desired results. I scored very good in the finals and I also made new friends and I experienced many others radical changes in my life and many opportunities to meet new people and gain new perspectives. All that I got from this one decision to do the hard thing. This changed the direction of my life. I am grateful for that. I did not know about meditation or other high consciousness habits back then but I had open-minded parents and siblings who inspired me. And I am grateful for that. But in many other areas of life I made many decisions where I chose the easier way too even though I had the inspiration and support. 

This experience taught me one thing - We make our own destiny.

I was supposed to be go to my easier classes because that was what my parents chose for me but I did the opposite of what was supposed to happen. I chose the harder classes, that is something not supposed to happen. This experience made me think in a different way. I destroyed many of my limiting beliefs and dogmas. A chain of events occured in my life as a result of which I indirectly discovered Actualized.org . And now whenever a decision point comes to me I know in my heart that the hard choice means growth,opportunity and real success and fulfillment.:)

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi