Emre

Free Will

6 posts in this topic

We are so certain and clear when it comes to free will. Free will does NOT exist, right? 

It is cool to say this when we are talking about really small things such as 'being mad vs not' etc. but what about when someone kills someone? Or when someone rapes someone? What happens this person looks at you and says 'Bro I did those and I don't care, cause there is no free-will.' like what the heck? Saying there is no free-will leads to this and I think this is so retarded.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

People tend to think of it as an absolute, either there is free will or there isn't.

I recognize how there is both in my consciousness.

Free will is in the way we perceive things.....That's where I see it.  That's free will...

Examine what you believe to be impossible, and then change your beliefs.

Things just happen as they do. Grasping to free will is the self wanting control. That is the entire struggle. The me thinks it can control what is, and thus the dream begins. When that falls away there is no choice, only what happens. It is impossible to imagine by the me. The me is the illusion of control, and free will is its engine. Free will is saying that something could have occurred other than the way it did. It implies that there is a thinker controlling thoughts. Thoughts arise from nothing. How can nothing have free will? If thoughts can't be controlled, then there cant be free will. Either way, me is thoughts, and the me for sure has control over nothing really. There is also a ton of science if that is more to your fancy. It is so blatantly obvious. Something happens and then the me claims ownership over it. Its a story. This is part of the illusion that one awakens from.

Just because someone kills someone doesn't mean that they consciously chose to do it. When you think about it, if the person had control, why would they choose to kill? It makes no sense. It is just what is. And likewise, going to prison is what it. Neither thing has any meaning, it is just what happens.

Meditation is the mind training itself. You are just along for the ride.