Max_V

Intelligence Required For Self Actualization?

5 posts in this topic

As the title says, I would like to know if intelligence is a requirement if you want to personally develop. Take for example someone who hasn't finished his eductation or has trouble reading. It would be very difficult to understand difficult books regarding important topics or get certain information. I'm 17 right now and I undertstand most of the books Leo has on his book list but some of them, for example:  Meditations from Marcus Aurelius, Has some really tough words and sentences in them that I find difficult to grasp since English is not my first language. How do you personally develop if you have problems with reading and eductating yourself?

Regards,

Max

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Hey Max, if your not good at reading there are many different ways to learn. You can watch videos for example, listen to talks or visit exercises/workshops that focus on becoming more mindful/aware/conscious. Direct experience is the most profound anyways.

Yes I would like to do that in addition to me reading and keep developing my english. Do you have to be 18 to attend workshops? I wanna go but I don't really know which ones I should go to though

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

@Max_V I doubt that those workshops have a minimum age. You can always ask for sure. A workshop about breathing techniques would be cool for example, you have to check out Wim Hof - The Iceman if you haven't already. These are nice things to put you in a pro active meditative habit and can be fun to do. From there you can start to deal with deeper philosophies or contemplation, having that meditative mind is very helpful here.

I took initiative last night, emailed a local zen meditation center if I could maybe join in in one of the sessions. I'm meditating 20 minutes in the morning and 40 in the afternoon right now, I have a lot of unanswered questions right now so maybe that community could help me out with that. Thanks for suggesting Wim Hof, I will take a look at that too!

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus